Jump to content

Russia has officially invaded Ukraine


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

 

Maybe these weapons will get there quicker than the last shipments. On the 30th of last month the Biden admin announced that they would be sending over 100 Switchblade thrones. The system is simple enough that it only takes 2 days to train Ukrainians to use them.

 

Its been almost 2 weeks, and most of them haven't arrived yet....

 

They've already been trained on it and have the drones. 

 

Like Zelensky said today, Biden is a true leader.  Directly from the Zelensky himself:salute:

 

Once again Twinblade thinks he knows better than the Ukrainian president when it comes what Ukraine needs and how they feel about Biden :drake:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meanwhile on The View     

Putin was not in a room full of Russian stewardesses. It was fake.   For starters, people were able to notice camera shots where he had a glass kettle and there was a reflection that gave aw

Jerry is on top form in this thread. I find it absolutely baffling how you totally fail to form a nuanced, holistic view of the situation and instead can see absolutely NO benefit to giving FIGHTER JE

Posted Images

Twinblade is sounding like a broken record at this point.

 

Cherry-picking anything he can find, and then when that doesn't work it becomes......"BUH BUH TEH MIGS!!!!"

 

Same fucking thing, every time.

 

All because he's butthurt because people approve of Biden's leadership in this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jehurey said:

Twinblade is sounding like a broken record at this point.

 

Cherry-picking anything he can find, and then when that doesn't work it becomes......"BUH BUH TEH MIGS!!!!"

 

Same fucking thing, every time.

 

All because he's butthurt because people approve of Biden's leadership in this.

 

Zelensky walked back his request for the MIGs so Twinblade no longer has a talking point :cmpunk1:

Edited by Goukosan
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jehurey said:

Twinblade is sounding like a broken record at this point.

 

Cherry-picking anything he can find, and then when that doesn't work it becomes......"BUH BUH TEH MIGS!!!!"

 

Same fucking thing, every time.

 

All because he's butthurt because people approve of Biden's leadership in this.

 

I used to consume a lot of geek vlogs and such as background on one of my screens for quite a while. Usually youtubers in a chrome panel. Pretty much had to quite near the end of the Trump administration. 

 

The nerd/geek culture had become so toxic with the antileft/antiwoke bullshit. It was like some movie where the nerd in school becomes an asshole or something. It's just bitter nerds mad that comic/cartoon characters weren't as sexy as they like. 

 

The obsession with anti-diversity to the point they began sounding like racist boomers describing fucking Marvel and DC movies/shows/comics/games. The alt-right algorithm had made such gains that many switched from geeking out about pop culture to basically become what Twinblade and Cooke are now. 

 

Just mindless shills pretending to not be far right but at the same time exclusively whining about the left only. Part of it is the adoption of internet troll mentality and partly the latent sexism that exist in male dominated spaces. Gamergate was probably the gateway to this as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jehurey said:

Twinblade is sounding like a broken record at this point.

 

Cherry-picking anything he can find, and then when that doesn't work it becomes......"BUH BUH TEH MIGS!!!!"

 

Same fucking thing, every time.

 

All because he's butthurt because people approve of Biden's leadership in this.

 
Where is the approval then? Even a left leaning ABC poll from a few days ago found that most Americans agree that he’s not doing enough to help Ukraine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

 

I used to consume a lot of geek vlogs and such as background on one of my screens for quite a while. Usually youtubers in a chrome panel. Pretty much had to quite near the end of the Trump administration. 

 

The nerd/geek culture had become so toxic with the antileft/antiwoke bullshit. It was like some movie where the nerd in school becomes an asshole or something. It's just bitter nerds mad that comic/cartoon characters weren't as sexy as they like. 

 

The obsession with anti-diversity to the point they began sounding like racist boomers describing fucking Marvel and DC movies/shows/comics/games. The alt-right algorithm had made such gains that many switched from geeking out about pop culture to basically become what Twinblade and Cooke are now. 

 

Just mindless shills pretending to not be far right but at the same time exclusively whining about the left only. Part of it is the adoption of internet troll mentality and partly the latent sexism that exist in male dominated spaces. Gamergate was probably the gateway to this as well. 

you know what that is, right?

 

those are 20-something suburban boys..........who have basically committed to the internet as their "life" now.

 

There is no such thing as going to the bar with friends, having dinners, living a life outside in the real world for those people. "Doing things" in the outside world.

 

They now consider their INTERNET LIFE to be their "real life" and therefore everything that is happening on the internet they consider to be real, and happening. So they think this twitter "wokeness" is a threat to their lives...............because their main life now resides on the internet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

 
Where is the approval then? Even a left leaning ABC poll from a few days ago found that most Americans agree that he’s not doing enough to help Ukraine.

That isn't a lack of approval..........that's a specific response to a specific question.

 

You really are stupid, aren't you?

 

Just about anybody would "not be doing enough" as long as the war is ongoing, and there are civilian deaths.

 

And you want the US or NATO to come in, and start dropping bombs on Ukrainian soil.....yeah that seems like a brilliant plan that wouldn't pull us into long-term ordeals.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jehurey said:

That isn't a lack of approval..........that's a specific response to a specific question.

 

You really are stupid, aren't you?

 

Just about anybody would "not be doing enough" as long as the war is ongoing, and there are civilian deaths.

 

And you want the US or NATO to come in, and start dropping bombs on Ukrainian soil.....yeah that seems like a brilliant plan that wouldn't pull us into long-term ordeals.

 

 

 

The U.S. was spending an average of $300 million/day on the Iraq war.

 

Since Russia invaded Ukraine Biden has given or signed off on around $2.5 Billion of military aid to them.

 

Thats little more than 8 days worth of costs sunk into the Iraq war.

 

Please explain how thats good enough? This is America's war and not just Ukraine's. We have a golden opportunity to cripple Russia and knock out their ability to be a worldwide military power.

 

I mean shit, most of the equipment in the U.S.'s arsenal was literally designed for the purposes of destroying Russian's land, air, and sea forces in the event of a confrontation with them. There's no reason they shouldn't be showering every part of Ukraine with this stuff.

 

This would also have significant effects on China as it would shift the balance and militarily on the world stage it would basically just be the U.S., NATO, and China. Thats it. Russia would only have their nukes while they spend decades rebuilding their military. And China would be standing alone against the west.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

 
Where is the approval then? Even a left leaning ABC poll from a few days ago found that most Americans agree that he’s not doing enough to help Ukraine.

 

I guess you gave up on claiming Ukraine didn't approve of the job hw is doing to help Ukraine... So now you're moved on to what an ABC poll says :umad:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

 

The U.S. was spending an average of $300 million/day on the Iraq war.

 

 

We're not in a war with Russia. We're not in a war......anywhere.

 

Why do you keep on making these comparisons?

 

You're an absolute fucking idiot with no frame of reference regarding how MUCH MONEY we should be paying for proxy wars.

 

...........they're not even a NATO country.

Edited by jehurey
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jehurey said:

We're not in a war with Russia. We're not in a war......anywhere.

 

Why do you keep on making these comparisons?

 

You're an absolute fucking idiot with no frame of reference regarding how MUCH MONEY we should be paying for proxy wars.

 

...........they're not even a NATO country.

 

You can't make a decent counter argument to save your life, you just whine and ignore most of the posts I make.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

 

You can't make a decent counter argument to save your life, you just whine and ignore most of the posts I make.

 

Your lack of self awareness is astounding :cmpunk1:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Goukosan said:

 

Your lack of self awareness is astounding :cmpunk1:

 

LMFAO My first take was "lol at this bitch ass hypocrite." motherfucker is always either wrong or just making shit up and no one ignores or disregards the truth than he does. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

 

You can't make a decent counter argument to save your life, you just whine and ignore most of the posts I make.

No, I'm pointing out that you have no reference or evidence for the claims you are attempting to make.

 

That's more than enough of a decent counter-argument...............especially considering that you never respond and go run to another tangent.

 

But here................let me put your ass to rest regarding the MIGs once and for all.

 

 

 

And here's the entire article, I'll point out the most relevant parts:

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/04/13/ukrainian-fighter-pilots-mig-29-russians/

 

Ukrainian fighter pilots in old jets take on better-equipped Russians

Isabelle Khurshudyan
6-8 minutes
 

ODESSA, Ukraine — The fighter pilot known as “Juice” usually just has a few minutes to scramble. When he is on-call, which is pretty much always these days, he cannot be more than a bathroom break away from his cockpit. When a cruise missile or a Russian fighter is spotted moving toward the area Juice is assigned to by the Ukrainian air force, he doesn’t even have time to run through standard safety checks before taking off.

 

“We’re ready to be killed,” said Juice, who provided only his call sign for security reasons.

 

“But we don’t want this, of course,” the 29-year-old added. “We want to kill Russians and take down their bombers that are killing our cities and our families.”

 

Juice is one of the pilots helping Ukraine pull off the biggest surprise of this war: Its military has kept the airspace over Ukraine contested despite Russia’s more advanced jets and superior numbers. But he and other pilots say that’s not enough. While Kyiv’s forces have perhaps even outperformed Moscow’s on the ground, Russia has continued to inflict heavy losses on Ukraine from the sky.

 

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has appealed to the United States and other NATO allies to establish a no-fly zone over the country — a step that leaders in the military alliance refused to take, citing fears of touching off a world war with Moscow. Now Zelensky is pushing for more advanced air-defense systems and jets.

 

But Juice and others have said the weapons that countries have discussed transferring to Ukraine — particularly Russian-made MiG-29 fighters and U.S.-made Stinger antiaircraft missiles — won’t help Kyiv’s air force tip the scales in its favor. The gap between the weapons Ukraine wants and what Western countries are willing to supply has become a key tension nearly two months into the fighting.

 

Nowhere is that divide more evident than in the proposed air materiel transfers. Juice flies the MiG-29, which is a Soviet-era staple of the Ukrainian air force. But he said Ukrainian pilots are “just targets” for Russian adversaries who fly far more advanced jets. Obtaining more outdated MiGs would not improve Ukraine’s position in the skies, he said.

 

“We have losses almost everyday in our air force,” he added. “You won’t see this on TV because everything is classified right now, but actually we have a lot of losses. That’s why we need to be technically equal with the Russians. Just our mental advantage is not enough to fight with these technologies.”

 

Poland last month offered to send a number of MiG-29 jets to Ukraine via a U.S. air base in Germany, blindsiding U.S. officials. In exchange, Poland requested that the United States send it replacement planes, presumably newer U.S.-manufactured F-16s, which would constitute a major upgrade. Washington rejected the plan.

 

Then on Monday, Slovakian Prime Minister Eduard Heger told reporters that Slovakia will consider providing Ukraine MiG-29 fighters if alternative protection of its own airspace can be arranged.

But for Ukrainian pilots, more MiG-29s aren’t the answer. The jets Poland offered to transfer them are even older — some date back to the late ’80s — than their current stock.

 

“I think the Ukrainians are right — you’re basically a target in the air if you don’t have any of that modern capability,” said Herbert “Hawk” Carlisle, a retired U.S. Air Force general. “It’s not just an airplane up there. You have to have all of that sophisticated equipment on it to make it really a viable air platform.”

 

Countries have proposed sending Ukrainians MiG-29s in large part because that’s what the country’s pilots already know how to fly. If they received F-16s, Carlisle said, it’s not just the pilots who would have to learn a flight system he described as “significantly different” from Soviet-style jets; personnel on the ground would have to train on how maintain the aircraft and load them with compatible munitions.

 

But Juice and another Ukrainian pilot, whose call sign is “Nomad,” said the learning curve isn’t as substantial as it’s often made out to be. Nomad, who is in the United States as part of a training program, said it would probably take Ukrainians about two weeks to learn the nuances of the U.S.-made F-series planes.

 

Many of the pilots already speak English and have participated in joint exercises with the U.S. Air Force, so they’re familiar with the terminology of those planes’ systems, they said.

 

The pilots were also critical of the effectiveness of Stinger antiaircraft missiles, which have been part of U.S. aid packages. Nomad said that “it’s almost impossible” to hit an agile, fast-moving Russian jet with the missiles. Carlisle agreed, adding that Stingers aren’t designed to take down fighters — they’re intended to be used against helicopters and other slow-moving, low-flying aircraft.

 

If Western countries are hesitant to give Ukraine modern jets its pilots haven’t trained on, Juice said they should at least consider sending more advanced air-defense systems. He said those are much easier to learn how to operate.

 

Military analysts expected Russia to wipe out Ukraine’s air-defense systems, airfields and aircraft on the very first day of the war, when Moscow still had the element of surprise. But Rob Lee, an expert on the Russian military and a senior fellow with the Foreign Policy Research Institute, said Russia “didn’t really go for a death blow,” and in some cases, their missiles hit the airfield but missed the runway.

 

Ukrainian pilots were able to improvise from there. Juice said the fight in the sky doesn’t feel fair when he’s going up against a more modern Russian jet. He often has to just avoid his adversary entirely to stay alive. Sometimes, he and his fellow pilots manage to trick the Russians into flying into an area where the Ukrainians have an air-defense system ready and waiting.

 

Analysts at the Oryx Blog, which tracks Russian military losses, documented 20 aircraft and 30 helicopters destroyed or damaged in Ukraine.

 

“We are just trying to do something nonstandard, and sometimes it’s successful and sometimes it’s not,” Juice said. “Sometimes they’re just stupid and Russians are just showing their incompetence and underestimating our training.

 

“But in general, we cannot gain a real air superiority, unfortunately.”

__________________________________

 

In other words, sending more MIGs doesn't do anything to help win in the air. Because the main strategy in the air is to simply act as bait, because they can't engage with a Russian jet one-on-one

 

And Poland was trying to send even SHITTIER, OLDER MIGs, with less equipment, than the ones Ukraine already has. Hoping to score some new jets while trying to peddle off clunkers.

 

And, even if the pilots could learn to get into F16's, they don't have the maintenance crew for it.

 

And, the Ukrainian pilots even agree that better weapons that could be given to ALL Ukrainian military to easily use all over the country would be more advanced anti-aircraft weaponry, which was what was described in the recent $800 million dollar package just yesterday.

 

AND, the pilot is basically saying, without giving us specific numbers............there's not that many Ukrainian pilots left, so what's the point of trying to give them more planes if there's aren't more people to fly them?

 

Imagine if you're stupid enough to still try and whine about getting more MIGs at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Russian's Black Sea Fleet flagship is now confirmed to have sunk by the Russian MOD. Russian's are claiming a fire on board caused the ammunition on board to detonate, and then while it was being towed to port it went down in stormy sea's. The Ukrainians are claiming they hit it with their latest anti-ship cruise missile. 

 

Ether way, this is madness. Its a 186m long warship, which had 500 people on board. I bet if they ever release footage of it blowing up after the magazine detonating it will be insane. Big scalp for ukraine, whether they actually hit it with a missile or not. (Chances are they likely did). 

Edited by Cell
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jehurey said:

No, I'm pointing out that you have no reference or evidence for the claims you are attempting to make.

 

That's more than enough of a decent counter-argument...............especially considering that you never respond and go run to another tangent.

 

But here................let me put your ass to rest regarding the MIGs once and for all.

 

 

 

And here's the entire article, I'll point out the most relevant parts:

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/04/13/ukrainian-fighter-pilots-mig-29-russians/

 

Ukrainian fighter pilots in old jets take on better-equipped Russians

Isabelle Khurshudyan
6-8 minutes
 

ODESSA, Ukraine — The fighter pilot known as “Juice” usually just has a few minutes to scramble. When he is on-call, which is pretty much always these days, he cannot be more than a bathroom break away from his cockpit. When a cruise missile or a Russian fighter is spotted moving toward the area Juice is assigned to by the Ukrainian air force, he doesn’t even have time to run through standard safety checks before taking off.

 

“We’re ready to be killed,” said Juice, who provided only his call sign for security reasons.

 

“But we don’t want this, of course,” the 29-year-old added. “We want to kill Russians and take down their bombers that are killing our cities and our families.”

 

Juice is one of the pilots helping Ukraine pull off the biggest surprise of this war: Its military has kept the airspace over Ukraine contested despite Russia’s more advanced jets and superior numbers. But he and other pilots say that’s not enough. While Kyiv’s forces have perhaps even outperformed Moscow’s on the ground, Russia has continued to inflict heavy losses on Ukraine from the sky.

 

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has appealed to the United States and other NATO allies to establish a no-fly zone over the country — a step that leaders in the military alliance refused to take, citing fears of touching off a world war with Moscow. Now Zelensky is pushing for more advanced air-defense systems and jets.

 

But Juice and others have said the weapons that countries have discussed transferring to Ukraine — particularly Russian-made MiG-29 fighters and U.S.-made Stinger antiaircraft missiles — won’t help Kyiv’s air force tip the scales in its favor. The gap between the weapons Ukraine wants and what Western countries are willing to supply has become a key tension nearly two months into the fighting.

 

Nowhere is that divide more evident than in the proposed air materiel transfers. Juice flies the MiG-29, which is a Soviet-era staple of the Ukrainian air force. But he said Ukrainian pilots are “just targets” for Russian adversaries who fly far more advanced jets. Obtaining more outdated MiGs would not improve Ukraine’s position in the skies, he said.

 

“We have losses almost everyday in our air force,” he added. “You won’t see this on TV because everything is classified right now, but actually we have a lot of losses. That’s why we need to be technically equal with the Russians. Just our mental advantage is not enough to fight with these technologies.”

 

Poland last month offered to send a number of MiG-29 jets to Ukraine via a U.S. air base in Germany, blindsiding U.S. officials. In exchange, Poland requested that the United States send it replacement planes, presumably newer U.S.-manufactured F-16s, which would constitute a major upgrade. Washington rejected the plan.

 

Then on Monday, Slovakian Prime Minister Eduard Heger told reporters that Slovakia will consider providing Ukraine MiG-29 fighters if alternative protection of its own airspace can be arranged.

But for Ukrainian pilots, more MiG-29s aren’t the answer. The jets Poland offered to transfer them are even older — some date back to the late ’80s — than their current stock.

 

“I think the Ukrainians are right — you’re basically a target in the air if you don’t have any of that modern capability,” said Herbert “Hawk” Carlisle, a retired U.S. Air Force general. “It’s not just an airplane up there. You have to have all of that sophisticated equipment on it to make it really a viable air platform.”

 

Countries have proposed sending Ukrainians MiG-29s in large part because that’s what the country’s pilots already know how to fly. If they received F-16s, Carlisle said, it’s not just the pilots who would have to learn a flight system he described as “significantly different” from Soviet-style jets; personnel on the ground would have to train on how maintain the aircraft and load them with compatible munitions.

 

But Juice and another Ukrainian pilot, whose call sign is “Nomad,” said the learning curve isn’t as substantial as it’s often made out to be. Nomad, who is in the United States as part of a training program, said it would probably take Ukrainians about two weeks to learn the nuances of the U.S.-made F-series planes.

 

Many of the pilots already speak English and have participated in joint exercises with the U.S. Air Force, so they’re familiar with the terminology of those planes’ systems, they said.

 

The pilots were also critical of the effectiveness of Stinger antiaircraft missiles, which have been part of U.S. aid packages. Nomad said that “it’s almost impossible” to hit an agile, fast-moving Russian jet with the missiles. Carlisle agreed, adding that Stingers aren’t designed to take down fighters — they’re intended to be used against helicopters and other slow-moving, low-flying aircraft.

 

If Western countries are hesitant to give Ukraine modern jets its pilots haven’t trained on, Juice said they should at least consider sending more advanced air-defense systems. He said those are much easier to learn how to operate.

 

Military analysts expected Russia to wipe out Ukraine’s air-defense systems, airfields and aircraft on the very first day of the war, when Moscow still had the element of surprise. But Rob Lee, an expert on the Russian military and a senior fellow with the Foreign Policy Research Institute, said Russia “didn’t really go for a death blow,” and in some cases, their missiles hit the airfield but missed the runway.

 

Ukrainian pilots were able to improvise from there. Juice said the fight in the sky doesn’t feel fair when he’s going up against a more modern Russian jet. He often has to just avoid his adversary entirely to stay alive. Sometimes, he and his fellow pilots manage to trick the Russians into flying into an area where the Ukrainians have an air-defense system ready and waiting.

 

Analysts at the Oryx Blog, which tracks Russian military losses, documented 20 aircraft and 30 helicopters destroyed or damaged in Ukraine.

 

“We are just trying to do something nonstandard, and sometimes it’s successful and sometimes it’s not,” Juice said. “Sometimes they’re just stupid and Russians are just showing their incompetence and underestimating our training.

 

“But in general, we cannot gain a real air superiority, unfortunately.”

__________________________________

 

In other words, sending more MIGs doesn't do anything to help win in the air. Because the main strategy in the air is to simply act as bait, because they can't engage with a Russian jet one-on-one

 

And Poland was trying to send even SHITTIER, OLDER MIGs, with less equipment, than the ones Ukraine already has. Hoping to score some new jets while trying to peddle off clunkers.

 

And, even if the pilots could learn to get into F16's, they don't have the maintenance crew for it.

 

And, the Ukrainian pilots even agree that better weapons that could be given to ALL Ukrainian military to easily use all over the country would be more advanced anti-aircraft weaponry, which was what was described in the recent $800 million dollar package just yesterday.

 

AND, the pilot is basically saying, without giving us specific numbers............there's not that many Ukrainian pilots left, so what's the point of trying to give them more planes if there's aren't more people to fly them?

 

Imagine if you're stupid enough to still try and whine about getting more MIGs at this point.

 

I like how you suddenly jumped back to the MIGs which hasn't been apart of the discussion for a while now

 

But if you really want to go there, that pilot has been interviewed several times and he has absolutely mentioned that additional MIGs would be useful. Here's one of those interviews (from just a week ago)

 

Quote

Last month, Poland offered to supply Ukraine with additional MiG-29s to be transshipped through a U.S. military base in Germany.

 

While the offer would not help Ukraine’s airfare overcome the technology gap, Juice said additional aircraft are sorely needed.

 

“Of course, we need them,” juice said of the additional MiG-29s. “For primary interception, for primary air defense against bombers, against other attackers, other strikers, they are pretty effective.”

 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/apr/6/ukraine-flyboys-say-fighting-right-stuff-gives-the/

 

Obviously more advanced jets would be better and it makes sense for Ukrainians to ask for them, but thats something that can't be quickly or easily addressed. The reality is that the U.S. and NATO have ownership of control of A LOT of Soviet Era equipment like MIGs that Ukranians already know how to use so the priority should be getting that into their hands first.

 

Time is of the essence, and Ukraine's air force becomes less capable with each passing day. They will absolutely make use of them. As stated in your article, the baiting method does work sometimes (Russians being Russians is part of that) and the other reasons mentioned

 

Quote

for primary air defense against bombers, against other attackers, other strikers, they are pretty effective.”

 

so if thats enough to keep Russia from gaining air superiority, then its better than nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cell said:

The Russian's Black Sea Fleet flagship is now confirmed to have sunk by the Russian MOD. Russian's are claiming a fire on board caused the ammunition on board to detonate, and then while it was being towed to port it went down in stormy sea's. The Ukrainians are claiming they hit it with their latest anti-ship cruise missile. 

 

Ether way, this is madness. Its a 186m long warship, which had 500 people on board. I bet if they ever release footage of it blowing up after the magazine detonating it will be insane. Big scalp for ukraine, whether they actually hit it with a missile or not. (Chances are they likely did). 

 

Its crazy the lengths Russian state media will go to lie and downplay Ukraine's victories even if it makes Russians look like idiots 'yeah there was a sudden fire on board that sunk our premiere $750 million Warship. Whoops' Pretty sure just saying Ukraine sank it would be less embarrassing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

 

I like how you suddenly jumped back to the MIGs which hasn't been apart of the discussion for a while now

 

But if you really want to go there, that pilot has been interviewed several times and he has absolutely mentioned that additional MIGs would be useful. Here's one of those interviews (from just a week ago)

 

 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/apr/6/ukraine-flyboys-say-fighting-right-stuff-gives-the/

 

Obviously more advanced jets would be better and it makes sense for Ukrainians to ask for them, but thats something that can't be quickly or easily addressed. The reality is that the U.S. and NATO have ownership of control of A LOT of Soviet Era equipment like MIGs that Ukranians already know how to use so the priority should be getting that into their hands first.

 

Time is of the essence, and Ukraine's air force becomes less capable with each passing day. They will absolutely make use of them. As stated in your article, the baiting method does work sometimes (Russians being Russians is part of that) and the other reasons mentioned

 

 

so if thats enough to keep Russia from gaining air superiority, then its better than nothing.

No...........the pilot even admits it would not be enough to keep Russia from having air superiority.

 

That's the point.

 

You are wrong.

 

So let's recap:

 

1.) Poland MIGs are actually in worse condition, so they were never going to be of any use

2.) A MIG cannot actually beat a Russian yet in a direct confrontation.

3.) The pilot even admits that more advanced anti-assault weaponry would be a better way to stop Russian jets than trying to beat them with MIGs.

 

So.......this debate is pretty much over.

 

There is nothing more to talk about regarding "buh BUH TEH MIGS!!!!!!!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...