UK Boxed Charts: Gran Turismo 7 retains first place as classic Switch games surge

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-03-20-gran-turismo-7-retains-first-place-as-classic-switch-games-surge-uk-boxed-charts

Gran Turismo 7 holds No.1 for a third consecutive week in the UK boxed charts, according to data firm GfK.

The PlayStation racing game had a tough week, including an issue that made it unplayable for over a day and further controversy around the in-game microtransactions. Nevertheless, it continues to sell well at retail and held No.1 despite a 42% drop in sales week-on-week.

It comes in ahead of Elden Ring at No.2, which actually rose a spot despite sales slipping 25% week-on-week. Last week's big new release, WWE 2K22, falls to No.3 after a relatively slight 44% sales drop.

Looks like the microtransaction controversy surrounding GT7 this past week hasn't affected its sales. It's still continues to fly off the shelves in UK. Holding 1st place for the 3rd week in a row is very impressive especially when you consider its competition is Elden Ring.

I hope the negative PR they got forces Sony and PD to address the issues the community has brought up concerning payouts and always online. The microtransactions are annoying for me but they wouldn't be an issue if they hadn't stupidly reduced payouts people get from racing with the last patch. Always online is also an issue brought up but if the servers hadn't gone down no one would have noticed. The most popular games nowadays are always online games anyway so while I understand the outrage myself it's not a huge deal when all things are considered. The bigger issue for me is the reduced payouts. They need to offer Seasonal Events and login bonuses like past GT games did. The game has a lot of cars and content and it makes no sense reducing payouts, let your players enjoy the content you made and stop trying to force them to buy microtransactions because many like myself won't.

The game is still a great game at its core and still the best sim on consoles as far as I'm concerned. PD and Sony just need to get their head out of their asses and stop trying to ruin the great experience the game offers with greed.

Edited by FIREPOWER
2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

I smell another multi-page meltdown coming from you since this thread has the magic words "GT7" in the title :mroff:

Another UK retail thread by this idiot to make himself feel better about the tons of bad press and fucked up economy the game has:lawl: 

Cope harder :rofl: 

Just now, Remij said:

Another UK retail thread by this idiot to make himself feel better about the tons of bad press and fucked up economy the game has:lawl: 

Cope harder :rofl: 

:mj: Damn, he's already full on triggered!

:mroff:  Grab your popcorn boys, it's about to be another 10 page thread now that he's found out GT7 is still #1 and still selling more than his precious Flopza Motorsport 7 and Halo Midfinite.

E30LV_QVUAMop8f.jpg.711ce34d124a1fff2b3ec08de603a336.jpg

If Sony truly wanted to make some serious dough they should have followed in MS footsteps. Release the game as an unfinished ''game as a service'' lacking basic features and release it day one on a subscription service that cost less than $10 per month instead of selling million of copies at $60. :aitch:

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Ramza said:

If Sony truly wanted to make some serious dough they should have followed in MS footsteps. Release the game as an unfinished ''game as a service'' lacking basic features and release it day one on a subscription service that cost less than $10 per month instead of selling million of copies at $60. :aitch:

:deader:

The copium :rofl: 

The hilarious thing is that nobody here is playing this garbage.  Jerky gave up.. he couldn't force himself through this trash.. and that clown wasted his money buying the 25th Anniversary Edition too... JUST SO HE COULD TALK ABOUT IT HERE! :rofls: 

FireRetard over here has probably put more time into making threads on it than playing it too :omglol: 

2 hours ago, Remij said:

The copium :rofl: 

The hilarious thing is that nobody here is playing this garbage.  Jerky gave up.. he couldn't force himself through this trash.. and that clown wasted his money buying the 25th Anniversary Edition too... JUST SO HE COULD TALK ABOUT IT HERE! :rofls: 

FireRetard over here has probably put more time into making threads on it than playing it too :omglol: 

:hest: He says no one is playing it but it’s #1 on the sales charts. I guess people are buying it to look at the box art then which ironically is still more entertaining than playing Halo Midfinite and Flopza :mickeyj:

:mroff: Talk about Copium….

1F4DC92E-7E52-4C1A-9F65-B78AB9AFF826.jpeg

Edited by FIREPOWER