TSHBR - House of the Dead Remake coming to PC, PS4, XO, and Stadia

44 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You just move the aiming reticle with one of the analog sticks. Its stupid and defeats the purpose of playing one of these games in the first place.

That sounds slow and stupid 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Oh no, not House of the dead :feelsbadman:

:drake:

You KNEW better than to be excited for it.. because you knew it wasn't going to be exclusive for long :tom: 

Who could have guessed just 3 weeks though?  That's not even enough time for me to beg for it :kaz: 

Oh, this will also 100% support PC light guns.  Essentially any game that supports mouse can support PC light guns.  It will easily be the best version of this game.. also VR will be modded in for sure.

Move support is coming to PS consoles at least.. so that's better than nothing for them.

It will be worst on Xbox though lol since there's no gyro support in their controllers :hehe: 

Edited by Remij
1 hour ago, Remij said:

You KNEW better than to be excited for it.. because you knew it wasn't going to be exclusive for long :tom: 

Who could have guessed just 3 weeks though?  That's not even enough time for me to beg for it :kaz: 

Its HOTD ohhh noooooo 

:drake:

LOL i don't understand.

no sheep has ever even made a thread about this game.

and poor butthurt Lemij is trying to celebrate this....because that, apparently..........is where he's at, right now:drake:

Aza made the announcement thread last year. Twinblade made the thread when it released.:umad:

48 minutes ago, Remij said:

Steam page up. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1694600/THE_HOUSE_OF_THE_DEAD_Remake/

Was already asked in the forums about lightgun support and they said the game supports mouse aiming so PC Light Guns should work out of the box B) 

No mention on any VR support though.

Who even owns a lightgun for PC? I didn't even know those things existed. There needs to be a VR version.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Who even owns a lightgun for PC? I didn't even know those things existed. There needs to be a VR version.

It's niche for sure.. but the saving grace is that with the products out there, which are mostly kickstarter affairs, they don't require the game to "support" a light gun, or specific light guns.  If a game supports mouse pointing, it supports the light guns.

Because they're kickstarters though, they can be a bit pricey.  Though these guys are ramping up production, and they do a lot of custom work too.   So it's obviously not a "mass market" solution.. which is unfortunate.. but understandable given how few light gun games release these days.  Some of the more expensive ones actually have solenoids in them for force feedback.

Check this out B) 

The best thing about them though is they work on modern displays, and work with essentially all emulators.. so every light gun game you can think of, will be supported :smoke: 

• Upvote 1
On 2022-04-21 at 4:56 PM, Remij said:

lol What sane person would be excited for a House of the Dead remake? Who even wanted this? In VR, I could understand but on a standard controller no less? C'mon son. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

lol What sane person would be excited for a House of the Dead remake? Who even wanted this? In VR, I could understand but on a standard controller no less? C'mon son. 

People who grew up with these games in the arcades and home console/pc conversions.. which many of us did.. and those who like light gun games, and VR in general.

Move support was already confirmed for PS4, and light gun support for PC was already a given.. since it literally acts as the mouse pointer.. so as soon as this game was announced I was excited because I knew what was coming.

I'd love for Namco to remake Time Crisis and release a new guncon as well.  That would be amazing.  Did you ever play any of these types of games with the guns?  They're short sure, but they're fun to pull out every so often and play with friends.