Jump to content

Rumor: Multiple sources saying Sony is buying Square Enix


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agreed   MS has killed gaming 

This would be pretty big for Sony, having most of SE's games exclusive like back in the PS/PS2 days.

They're still good, the FF7 remake is proof of that 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Ramza said:

FFXIV? Who gives a fuck? :rofl: 

 

I platinum'd DQXI, easily their best game of last gen but that's one game from a series that gets a new entry once per gen.

 

FFXV was trash. FF7 Remake was trash. FFXVI looks like trash. And everyone forgot FF Stranger of Paradise even exist in the first place. 

 

JRPGs :poop: 

FFXIV and it's expansions are basically the best FF campaign since PS2 era and the scores reflect that

 

XVI is from the director of XIV. Man is a massive Matsuno fanboy so you know he's got the right inspiration and you can expect the quality direction so far to continue. 

 

VII Remake was far from trash. Well at least 99% of it till the ending went retarded

 

Square still has a bunch of old hacks like Nomura shitting things up a bit but emerging talents like Yoshida and the Octopath team are coming to the forefront now

Edited by Voidler
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Saucer said:

This big wave of consolidation sucks. It's the short road to killing off a lot of creativity. 

Agreed

 

MS has killed gaming 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Voidler said:

FFXIV and it's expansions are basically the best FF campaign since PS2 era and the scores reflect that

 

XVI is from the director of XIV. Man is a massive Matsuno fanboy so you know he's got the right inspiration and you can expect the quality direction so far to continue. 

 

VII Remake was far from trash. Well at least 99% of it till the ending went retarded

A MMO being the best FF campaign is like saying the best bottle of wine is actually a bottle of vodka. FFXI and FFXIV never should have been part of the main series in the first place. I will not acknowledge the existence of that POS any further. Only losers play MMOs, thanks. 

 

FFXVI  little glimpse of gameplay I saw made it look like another pseudo action game. Tired of this crap. I love how we keep talking about Matsuno like he matters anyway. He hasn't made a relevant game since FFXII, a 2006 PS2 game. Let that sink in a bit, that was more than 15 years ago. 

 

VII Remake is garbo, any change to the story was pure cringe (no surprise there). Even low IQ JRPGs trash like Tales of Arise shits on it as an action RPG. Weak ass game I would never bother to replay, meanwhile I think I beat the original like 6-7 times. And we still have yet to get the remaining 3 discs worth of content. I just know they are gonna fuck that up royally, especially when they mentioned they are going to take even more creative decisions and changes.

 

We'll talk again in 2056 when the final part 4 come out, bro. :kaz: 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Ramza is 100% spot on.

 

 

MAYBE SquareEnix could improve and get to be great again under Sony... but I have massive doubts... and that's because SquareEnix no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt (aside from Yoshi-P and the Dragon Quest teams, like I said)

 

The real grab here would be all the IP that Sony would have and could potentially do whatever they wanted with.

 

 

But anyway, the point is that the SquareEnix of now is not the Square/Enix of the 16bit/32bit era.  It's not as massive of megaton because essentially all the FF games were already PS exclusive or heavily marketed as PS games.. and the Western IPs will still release on Xbox due to going to Embracer.  So not much will be changing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

From the person defending Bethesda :killzone: Rpgs

Their games are definitely not beyond criticism but I find they get way more shit than they deserve on here. You all sound ridiculous when talking about Bethesda like they're the worst thing ever with no redeemable quality all the while defending some cringe fgt JRPG. Lol, please. 

 

SE would need 150 years of development time to make a game as ambitious as Fallout 4 if their track record for FFXV and FF7R are anything to go by.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And case in point, if Fallout 3 had never been made we would have never got New Vegas, the greatest game of all time. Sit down, plebs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ramza said:

A MMO being the best FF campaign is like saying the best bottle of wine is actually a bottle of vodka. FFXI and FFXIV never should have been part of the main series in the first place. I will not acknowledge the existence of that POS any further. Only losers play MMOs, thanks. 

 

FFXVI  little glimpse of gameplay I saw made it look like another pseudo action game. Tired of this crap. I love how we keep talking about Matsuno like he matters anyway. He hasn't made a relevant game since FFXII, a 2006 PS2 game. Let that sink in a bit, that was more than 15 years ago. 

 

VII Remake is garbo, any change to the story was pure cringe (no surprise there). Even low IQ JRPGs trash like Tales of Arise shits on it as an action RPG. Weak ass game I would never bother to replay, meanwhile I think I beat the original like 6-7 times. And we still have yet to get the remaining 3 discs worth of content. I just know they are gonna fuck that up royally, especially when they mentioned they are going to take even more creative decisions and changes.

 

We'll talk again in 2056 when the final part 4 come out, bro. :kaz: 

 

I get your take on the MMO game and I agree, it shouldn't have been a numbered main series FF game. Same with XI of course. And I was always thinking an MMO can't have a good story, but I was wrong and two of the expansions have way better stories (and scenes) than any main FF in a decade.

 

It's very story focused but the problem remains that it's an MMO and like you say it doesn't compare to the single player games. Shadowbringers story is on par with the oldschool games storywise. but yea there is a minimum amount MMO gameplay you HAVE to do. 

 

I know not trying to change your opinion on MMO or anything, but I say it's sad that a lot of people will miss out on these stories. 

 

And square giving yoshi P (the mmo guy)  FF16 was the right choice, this guy knows what he's doing and i will OWN hard, I have no doubt about that. But yea, I'd also like FF to go back to the turn-based combat roots. But I doubt FF16 will be fully action-ey. 

 

 

Edited by kaz
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kaz said:

 

I get your take on the MMO game and I agree, it shouldn't have been a numbered main series FF game. Same with XI of course. And I was always thinking an MMO can't have a good story, but I was wrong and two of the expansions have way better stories (and scenes) than any main FF in a decade.

 

It's very story focused but the problem remains that it's an MMO and like you say it doesn't compare to the single player games. Shadowbringers story is on par with the oldschool games storywise. but yea there is a minimum amount MMO gameplay you HAVE to do. 

 

I know not trying to change your opinion on MMO or anything, but I say it's sad that a lot of people will miss out on these stories. 

 

And square giving yoshi P (the mmo guy)  FF16 was the right choice, this guy knows what he's doing and i will OWN hard, I have no doubt about that.

 

 

At the end of the day a party of unique and defined characters is not the same as doing a dungeon raid with 40 other virgins talking in your ear. I mean, I don't doubt there can be some redeeming storytelling going on in a MMO but it's not the type of experience I'm thinking about when I think of a new entry in the FF franchise, you know?

 

I have my doubts for FFXVI but we'll see. It's not like there's enough footage to make a good judgment of what to expect at this point anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope FF16 will be awesome.  In my own personal opinion, I like the style they've gone with, and the return to a more medieval setting.. so I have high hopes for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

At the end of the day a party of unique and defined characters is not the same as doing a dungeon raid with 40 other virgins talking in your ear. I mean, I don't doubt there can be some redeeming storytelling going on in a MMO but it's not the type of experience I'm thinking about when I think of a new entry in the FF franchise, you know?

 

I have my doubts for FFXVI but we'll see. It's not like there's enough footage to make a good judgment of what to expect at this point anyway. 

 

? I have no clue what you mean. The games have a MAIN STORY LINE with many main characters, completely fleshed out, and side characters etc. like any other main FF game. :D  expecting a raid with 40 people and story telling WHAT :D  

 

The MMO gameplay you have to do is minimal in between if you only want to do the story. You have instanced battles or scenarios that are only for the story, but also you have to get through a few story dungeons too. Which you can do with other people or they added the function that you can do them with the story characters. 

 

 

though I like MMOs too and the whole concept is super casual friendly, you gear up super fast, many jobs to play, 24-man raids are casual, the endgame content is based on 8-player. 

 

The 24-raids in shadowbringers owned so much too, all nier themed. one of the best soundtracks. I know you might no like the gameplay but the music is amazing. 

 

Spoiler

 

:bow: 

 

damn i loved this fight too. and all the sound effects from some attacks. now i wanna play :|   not trying to convert you ramza :D  i know you hate dat shite :D 

 

Edited by kaz
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

And case in point, if Fallout 3 had never been made we would have never got New Vegas, the greatest game of all time. Sit down, plebs. 

Lmfao :hest: Overrated trash, like all Obsidian games.

 

The worst part is people read the cult fanboys repeating their shit ad-nauseum and then they all buy into it because they all want to be part of the edge lord club. Its edgy to shit on KOTOR while jerking off KOTOR2, its edgy to shit on Fallout 3 and 4 while jerking off New Vegas. Lets be honest you've always been easy to indoctrinate in these kind of cults Poitras :reg:

 

Kotor2 was a buggy uninfished mess with a shit story. Fallout new vegas was a buggy unfinished mess with a shit story. Fankids keep making excuses but all I see is Obsidian sucks.

 

"Bu bu teh deep n matyuure writing!! :cry:"

 

lmfao give me a break. Motherfuckers cant even program an ending :cruise:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Fallout new vegas was a buggy unfinished mess with a shit story.

LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, kaz said:

 

? I have no clue what you mean. The games have a MAIN STORY LINE with many main characters, completely fleshed out, and side characters etc. like any other main FF game. :D  expecting a raid with 40 people and story telling WHAT :D  

 

The MMO gameplay you have to do is minimal in between if you only want to do the story. You have instanced battles or scenarios that are only for the story, but also you have to get through a few story dungeons too. Which you can do with other people or they added the function that you can do them with the story characters. 

 

 

though I like MMOs too and the whole concept is super casual friendly, you gear up super fast, many jobs to play, 24-man raids are casual, the endgame content is based on 8-player. 

 

The 24-raids in shadowbringers owned so much too, all nier themed. one of the best soundtracks. I know you might no like the gameplay but the music is amazing. 

 

  Hide contents

 

:bow: 

 

damn i loved this fight too. and all the sound effects from some attacks. now i wanna play :|   not trying to convert you ramza :D  i know you hate dat shite :D 

 

Lol I love how you don't understand what I mean by a 40 players raid not being the same while posting a video of a 40 players raid. ROFL :poop: 

 

Get that fucking trash out of my face. The best thing FFXIV has going on for it are borrowed from superior games. lmao

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, lostfool said:

Nintendo should step in to take Square back to where it belongs

Yeah Sony ruined SE

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cooke said:

Yeah Sony ruined SE

I agree. When Square and Enix worked closely with Nintendo they made amazing high quality games.  Now it's very hit and miss

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lostfool said:

I agree. When Square and Enix worked closely with Nintendo they made amazing high quality games.  Now it's very hit and miss

Has nothing to do with Nintendo, but the fact they fired Sakaguchi and replaced him with a banker

 

They lost their eye for quality 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2022-05-06 at 3:41 PM, Twinblade said:

This would be pretty big for Sony, having most of SE's games exclusive like back in the PS/PS2 days.

SE isnt the same as it used to be though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...