The Quarry GS review - 9.0

The Good
Its love for horror movies is infectious
The ensemble cast is wonderful and brings each character to life
Dialogue is snappy and genuinely funny
There's a palpable sense of weight behind many choice and the consequences that might follow

The Bad
Suffers from some pacing issues
Exploration drags due to a glacial walking speed

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-quarry-review-summer-scare-fest/1900-6417892/

I knew this would own :smoke: 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I have the PoC version pre-ordered. Hopefully its not a bad port :trump2:

Why did you pre-order the PC version?

Wait nvm don't answer that..

Of course you do.  You're a closet Hermit through and through. :hest:

"In general, my favorite part of Until Dawn, as well as the games in Supermassive’s Dark Pictures Anthology, was that it was at least as much of a mystery as it was a horror movie. During the adventure game-style exploration sequences, you had the chance to try and find crucial details about what was happening by discovering clues, reading files, solving puzzles, and occasionally falling into what was, with the benefit of hindsight, a really obvious trap. There isn’t anywhere near as much of that in The Quarry. You do have the chance to unravel some of the weird history behind the camp and the area around it, but it feels like an afterthought that left me disappointed."

from IGN. i need to read some user reviews before i buy this. i beat until dawn like 5 times because i would always find new shit.

24 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

"In general, my favorite part of Until Dawn, as well as the games in Supermassive’s Dark Pictures Anthology, was that it was at least as much of a mystery as it was a horror movie. During the adventure game-style exploration sequences, you had the chance to try and find crucial details about what was happening by discovering clues, reading files, solving puzzles, and occasionally falling into what was, with the benefit of hindsight, a really obvious trap. There isn’t anywhere near as much of that in The Quarry. You do have the chance to unravel some of the weird history behind the camp and the area around it, but it feels like an afterthought that left me disappointed."

from IGN. i need to read some user reviews before i buy this. i beat until dawn like 5 times because i would always find new shit.

‘Solving puzzles’ where? None of these games had anything I considered to be puzzles. Not sure I can trust that review.

25 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

‘Solving puzzles’ where? None of these games had anything I considered to be puzzles. Not sure I can trust that review.

there were some narrative puzzles, like figuring out how to avoid certain moments. i'm assuming that's what they mean.

• Upvote 1