The Last of Us Remake Part 1 is coming to PS5/PC

Just now, -GD-X said:

word. you called it and it's happening - fast af too. if pc versions mean getting games built for the ps5 (not ps4), i'm all in.

true. it should come down to what platform you prefer.

It does mean exactly that.  Being able to lean into the PC market makes the still young PS5 market less risky for massive releases.  The more single player games Sony can sell, the less risk.  There's no reason to limit themselves to their small slice of the overall market.. as Jimbo Ryan stated.  It's not like console fanboys have anywhere else to run to.  Once MS went that route, it was all but certain Sony would follow them.  It just makes sense.. and since Sony's SP games sell like crazy.. there's good money to be made.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't wait this is my favorite series! Gonna be a blast to play on the system it was always meant for!  

Lol the PC version isn't even coming out at the same time, all they're saying is that its 'in development'. Congrats on getting to play the waiting game yet again 

No need to.    Sony current strategy which they laid out is working.    Release new games on PlayStation first, once it reaches its sales threshold etc.. Port it to PC and reap the

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

Exactly.  They're fighting a war of attrition, and they know I'm ultimately going to win. :D 

The line has been crossed.. the sooner they just embrace it the better it will be.

No..............the console that is losing is the one that doesn't have exclusives and is going multiplatform

The other two are having the best success they've ever had............EVER in the history of their respective companies.

And you're trying to label it "attrition":tom:

Its absolutely hilarious how you're typing this to try and convince yourself.

6 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

the sooner the better.  we don't need artificial separation between pc, xbox, and playstation when they all have the same fucking parts inside.

Both Nintendo and Sony execs are looking at their earnings reports..............and then their looking at Microsoft's LACK OF EARNINGS being being a PC day-one multiplat developer.

And you honestly think they are going to reach the same conclusion YOU JUST REACHED?

:tom:

Jim Ryan is different than Jack Tretton and Shawn Layton.

Tretton or Layton would've never given you PS4 leftovers.

That's what Jim Ryan is currently giving you.

But Jim Ryan is not touching the core PS5 business while its the main platform.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

It does mean exactly that.  Being able to lean into the PC market makes the still young PS5 market less risky for massive releases.  The more single player games Sony can sell, the less risk.  There's no reason to limit themselves to their small slice of the overall market.. as Jimbo Ryan stated.  It's not like console fanboys have anywhere else to run to.  Once MS went that route, it was all but certain Sony would follow them.  It just makes sense.. and since Sony's SP games sell like crazy.. there's good money to be made.

yep, and PS has nothing to fear on the exclusives front anymore because MS has basically admitted defeat on real AAA development. They bet the farm on a subscriber model.  They're training their own customers to devalue games, dumb dumb dumb.

1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

It probably pisses off the hardcore cows but they’ve had plenty of time to come to grips with it. It’s not like Sony started releasing games on PC today. The writing has been on the wall since 2019 when they released HZD on Steam. Just saying that as long as PS5 still has exclusives, it’s a relevant console and it’s not in the same boat as Xbox.

So far all we’ve been getting on PC is PS4 games and in this case a PS3 remake. That’s still far from from releasing all their PS5 exclusives day and date on PC. Right now PS5 is still young and a majority of the games Sony has are PS4 games and remasters for it but as time moves on and we get more true PS5 exclusives, the difference between Sony’s PC release approach and MS’ will become clear.

It's always going to be relevant man.  Regardless of whether games release day and date on PC... the console still has a reason to exist..  it serves a specific market of people.. as does PC.  Sony realized that there's more potential to grow on the PC side than there is on the console side.  They've essentially saturated that market and dominated it.  They have to expand their horizons.. that much was obvious even before Horizon ZD was announced for PC.

Trust me, day and date is coming.  It's better that way.  It's about the company not the plastic box man.. the more people who play the games the better.  It will mean better games in the future too.  You keep going on about Sony "not being like MS"... but they'll both end up at the same place, despite taking different paths to get there.  MS was forced to because their console business was floundering... Sony will, because their console business is successful to the point where it's hard for them to grow it further..  They need to reach new markets.

I'm glad I stopped caring about the console aspect.. I've changed and just want to play where I want to play on the devices I want to play on.  All games should release on all platforms where it makes sense.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No..............the console that is losing is the one that doesn't have exclusives and is going multiplatform

The other two are having the best success they've ever had............EVER in the history of their respective companies.

Both Nintendo and Sony execs are looking at their earnings reports..............and then their looking at Microsoft's LACK OF EARNINGS being being a PC day-one multiplat developer.

And you honestly think they are going to reach the same conclusion YOU JUST REACHED?

:tom:

Jim Ryan is different than Jack Tretton and Shawn Layton.

Tretton or Layton would've never given you PS4 leftovers.

That's what Jim Ryan is currently giving you.

But Jim Ryan is not touching the core PS5 business while its the main platform.

Playstation just is videogaming for most people.  They've never lost.  Putting their games on PC is gravvy.

MS' problem isn't publishing on PC, it's being a shitty publisher.

Edited by sugarhigh
4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You're the one trying to convince yourself dude :mj: 

I don't care whether it's success or failure that leads a company's games to the platform I want to play on... LOL  They're coming all the same.

53 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

It's a joke we only got a single piece of concept art, but I am legitimately very hyped about the multiplayer game. Just to get back into that sick 3rd person stealth action. :lawd:

Yeah I actually think it's going to be amazing. 

If it is a live service type MP game then it has to be PS5/PC day 1. Every live service game from Sony needs to be multiplat. 

48 minutes ago, Remij said:

I wonder if it will include TLOU: Left Behind content?

Another comparison of a clicker.

8ec696e7-6607-4f61-bulkzp.jpeg

That's probably the biggest upgrade yet. Looks amazing.

and yeah I think the left behind content will be in it. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Playstation just is videogaming for most people.  They've never lost.  Putting their games on PC is gravvy.

MS' problem isn't publishing on PC, it's being a shitty publisher.

Jim Ryan putting LEFTOVERS on PC is gravy.

There is no way that Jim Ryan generates more money from PC gamers than what he expects to generation from a devoted PS5 fanbase.

PC sales numbers do not beat PS4 game sales numbers.

Jim Ryan is not going to risk messing up PS5 sales because he thinks he might make money on the PC.

he's already got that covered............the real money to be made on PC is the type of games Bungie makes.

18 minutes ago, Remij said:

You're the one trying to convince yourself dude :mj: 

I don't care whether it's success or failure that leads a company's games to the platform I want to play on... LOL  They're coming all the same.

I don't need to convince myself about concrete sales and earnings.

Its not even remotely a contest..........Jim Ryan will never make more money on the PC than he did during the PS4 gen.

You're admitting that you're only motivated by fanboyism (and port-begging)...........and with by reason and factual analysis.

No sweetie............Sony has already told you, that you're not getting real PS5 native games throughout the PS5 console gen.

Screenshot-2022-05-26-004513-768x419.jpg

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Jim Ryan putting LEFTOVERS on PC is gravy.

There is no way that Jim Ryan generates more money from PC gamers than what he expects to generation from a devoted PS5 fanbase.

PC sales numbers do not beat PS4 game sales numbers.

Jim Ryan is not going to risk messing up PS5 sales because he thinks he might make money on the PC.

he's already got that covered............the real money to be made on PC is the type of games Bungie makes.

Not sure if you heard, Bungie is PlayStation 🥲

Just now, sugarhigh said:

Not sure if you heard, Bungie is PlayStation 🥲

gee I wonder if that's why I typed "he's already got that covered" in the first place.

Sweetie, this reminds me alot of what Nintendo did after investors were pestering them to enter "the mobile space"

They said "fine" and they just bought into an outside company that does that, and they created some mobile games using their IPs.............and NEVER TOUCHED their core studios.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I don't need to convince myself about concrete sales and earnings.

Its not even remotely a contest..........Jim Ryan will never make more money on the PC than he did during the PS4 gen.

You're admitting that you're only motivated by fanboyism (and port-begging)...........and with by reason and factual analysis.

No sweetie............Sony has already told you, that you're not getting real PS5 native games throughout the PS5 console gen.

PlayStation-Digital-and-Investment.png?s

What does this slide show Jerky?

By 2025 Sony will be investing more in Live Service games than Single Player. Digital console software also projected to stay stagnant, while Physical shrinks.

The writing is on the wall. :reg: 

And we're already getting PS5 native games in this gen :drake:  Returnal, MM, Ratchet, and TLOU:Remake... for starters :rofl: 

Edited by Remij
Just now, jehurey said:

gee I wonder if that's why I typed "he's already got that covered" in the first place.

Sweetie, this reminds me alot of what Nintendo did after investors were pestering them to enter "the mobile space"

They said "fine" and they just bought into an outside company that does that, and they created some mobile games using their IPs.............and NEVER TOUCHED their core studios.

A major point of the Bungie purchase is to assist the whole 1st party in integrating online services. It's Nintendo's deep failure that they didn't use the Niantic/Go experience to improve their decrepit online capabilities.

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

PlayStation-Digital-and-Investment.png?s

What does this slide show Jerky?

By 2025 Sony will be investing more in Live Service games than Single Player. Digital console software also projected to stay stagnant, while Physical shrinks.

The writing is on the wall. :reg: 

And we're already getting PS5 native games in this gen :drake:  Returnal, MM, Ratchet, and TLOU:Remake... for starters :rofl: 

Except that's a byproduct of NEXT-GEN GAMES BECOMING CHEAPER as the console gen moves along.

Wow, you really are stupid.:drake:

That was easily to dismantle.

Live service games........................require constant development, hence its cost is never expected to get cheaper.  And they're counting on their Live Service games to get popular, which would require MORE development resources to maintain.

And nothing you said speaks to their core studios who make single-player games..........Jim Ryan has also said that those are going to operate untouched and unaffected by what they are doing in conjunction with Bungie's PC projects.

No, you're not getting actual PS5 games.

Take a look, sweetie:

Screenshot-2022-05-26-004513-768x419.jpg

This graph is specifically counting games...............and ONLY games.

Not some other indirect metric.

7 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

A major point of the Bungie purchase is to assist the whole 1st party in integrating online services.

No, its not "online services."

Its fully online games that is not part of the traditional game sales model.

Bungie supposedly has at least 9 different types of projects, and half of those are being done in conjunction with Sony.

And THAT is what is going on PC.

Bungie is not helping Naughty Dog/Insomniac/Santa Monica make their next game be an online PC game.

5 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

A major point of the Bungie purchase is to assist the whole 1st party in integrating online services. It's Nintendo's deep failure that they didn't use the Niantic/Go experience to improve their decrepit online capabilities.

Sony is literally buying studios to further their PC ambitions specifically.  Nixxes integrating with various developers, boosting their PC expertise... because they're fully committed now.

Jerky has NO fucking clue, and is in deep denial right now.  The GeforceLeak is fake :tear2: These games are leftovers :tear2: They're never coming day and date :tear2: You're not getting PS5 games :tear2: 

:rofl:

Just now, Substatic said:

This chart tells me Sony will continue to put games on PC.......not the other way around.

Are you blind or simply a retard?

And what else does the right bar tell you?

I love how you try to call me blind................yet you just attempted to BLOCK OUT part of the graph just right now:drake:

C'mon little boy.............finish explaining the bar graph to DADDY!

Just now, jehurey said:

And what else does the right bar tell you?

I'm not sure what graph you're looking at. The one you just linked leads me to believe Sony will continue to put out these games on PC. Hence gaming outlets also thinking as much once seeing that graph.

You are literally the only person I have seen on any gaming community who thinks the graph means the exact opposite of what it shows.