A Plague Tale Requiem developer diary

wow from 7 people garage project to 250. imagine making such a banger as your first game, incredible. hope they will eventually think of another IP

but first requiem, damn those shots look insane :lawd:  i love this world

the dudes working on the soundtrack so cool. I think without that ost it wouldn't be nearly the same world for me. such a dark and sad story :mjcry:  

so good

Edited by kaz
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, kaz said:

wow from 7 people garage project to 250. imagine making such a banger as your first game, incredible. hope they will eventually think of another IP

but first requiem, damn those shots look insane :lawd:  i love this world

the dudes working on the soundtrack so cool. I think without that ost it wouldn't be nearly the same world for me. such a dark and sad story :mjcry:  

so good

Yeah this guy is good, even Dying Light 2 had an impressive OST. For a while it was speculated that they were changing composers so Im glad to know they stuck with him

• Like 1

yea looks so good. I'm really surprised by the character development of amicia. she had to grow up real fast to face this crazy world for hugo. I love how they made it very clear how she feels about killing someone in the first game, but even there she started killing more and more, looks like it will only get worse in the sequel. 😩 

Edited by kaz
8 minutes ago, kaz said:

yea looks so good. I'm really surprised by the character development of amicia. she had to grow up real fast to face this crazy world for hugo. I love how they made it very clear how she feels about killing someone in the first game, but even there she started killing more and more, looks like it will only get worse in the sequel. 😩 

The new kid pleads with her to not kill anyone. I wonder if there will be slight changes in the story or the ending depending on whether you take a lethal or non-lethal approach.

20 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The new kid pleads with her to not kill anyone. I wonder if there will be slight changes in the story or the ending depending on whether you take a lethal or non-lethal approach.

I really doubt that and I wouldn't want that either. And I'm sure that's Lucas saying that to Amicia. They have to focus on ONE ending in my opinion, the story had very questionable choices at the end of innocence, it felt a bit rushed too.

Spoiler

For example that knight appearing with Hugo at their hideout place for no reason or Rodrick at the end insisting on moving that cart making him an easy target for archers - then dies lol. 

I wasn't very fond of controlling the rats with Hugo either, gameplaywise it can be frustrating. but I really hope they don't milk this IP and go straight for a satisfying ending, I hope it ends in requiem.

14 minutes ago, kaz said:

I really doubt that and I wouldn't want that either. And I'm sure that's Lucas saying that to Amicia. They have to focus on ONE ending in my opinion, the story had very questionable choices at the end of innocence, it felt a bit rushed too.

Reveal hidden contents

For example that knight appearing with Hugo at their hideout place for no reason or Rodrick at the end insisting on moving that cart making him an easy target for archers - then dies lol. 

I wasn't very fond of controlling the rats with Hugo either, gameplaywise it can be frustrating. but I really hope they don't milk this IP and go straight for a satisfying ending, I hope it ends in requiem.

I liked the ending, it was just the final boss that felt a bit rush. And I don't necessarily think this should be the last game. Plague Tale fills a niche that you don't see that often nowadays (linear & narrative focused action/adventure) so I think it has enough steam to become a trilogy at the least.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I liked the ending, it was just the final boss that felt a bit rush. And I don't necessarily think this should be the last game. Plague Tale fills a niche that you don't see that often nowadays (linear & narrative focused action/adventure) so I think it has enough steam to become a trilogy at the least.

That final boss was balls! WOAT! 

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Twinblade said:

oh ya, don't get me wrong a trilogy would be fine and I can see that too but then it should end. I just don't want this IP to end up a milking victim for no reason. these people have so much talent I wanna see a new IP. 

Like they can still keep the samey gameplay style and all. I have super high expectations for them. 

• Upvote 1