Jump to content

Eurogamer: Xbox "encouraged" console wars to drive competition, former exec says


Recommended Posts


 

This bullshit “good guy Phil” act they have now only started during the PS4 gen after they started getting their asses kicked :mj:

 

Seeing as Phil and Aaron Greenberg still follow the worst console warriors on Twitter, I still believe MS executives are still all about console wars. They just put on an act now for PR and to make people feel sorry for Xbox :hest:
 

:sabu: It’s nice Peter Moore is publicly exposing them for the frauds I always knew they were. Phil is out here telling us he can’t wait to play God of War Ragnarok so that he can get some brownie points and no one will ask him why Xbox has 0 first party AAA releases this year, LMFAO!

Edited by FIREPOWER
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Peter Moore owned, had a good sense for games. He made some great exclusivity deals for the Dreamcast and original Xbox.

And that's the thing. Sony and Nintendo knowing that Peter Moore was a formidable opponent is what helped make them better.   Phil Spencer is just coming up lame.   And as cool as

My nikka Moore is still upset https://venturebeat.com/2021/11/22/peter-moore-is-still-angry-about-sony-fuding-the-dreamcast/        

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Dude you're obsessed :Jeff:

:mjgrin: Is that your damage control?

 

I’m reporting the news. Don’t be mad that your savior Phil is being exposed as a fraud :hest:

Edited by FIREPOWER
Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter Moore owned, had a good sense for games. He made some great exclusivity deals for the Dreamcast and original Xbox.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ramza said:

Peter Moore owned, had a good sense for games. He made some great exclusivity deals for the Dreamcast and original Xbox.

This! I remember how legit upset Moore was when the Dreamcast was discontinued. Homeboy was passionate about the system.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ike said:

360 was the last gen that there was a "console war". Playstation has been dominating the last 10+ years lol. :D 

And even that was like 3 years. PS3 won in the end.

  • aitch 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

And even that was like 3 years. PS3 won in the end.

Yeah, PS3 launch was and first 2 years was pretty abysmal. The Sixasis truly one of the WOAT controllers. :scared: 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ike said:

Yeah, PS3 launch was and first 2 years was pretty abysmal. The Sixasis truly one of the WOAT controllers. :scared: 

Yea, Sony did everything possible to fail with the PS3 at launch and the PS3 still came out on top lol. The worst Playstation console still beat Microsoft’s best. If that wasn’t a signal for MS to give up, I don’t know what is :mj:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, PS3 launch was and first 2 years was pretty abysmal. The Sixasis truly one of the WOAT controllers. :scared: 

ike reached god mode!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Yea, Sony did everything possible to fail with the PS3 at launch and the PS3 still came out on top lol. The worst Playstation console still beat Microsoft’s best. If that wasn’t a signal for MS to give up, I don’t know what is :mj:

Also MS' advantage was bought with totally inadequate engineering, leading to something like a 90% failure rate on the early 360s.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And that's the thing. Sony and Nintendo knowing that Peter Moore was a formidable opponent is what helped make them better.

 

Phil Spencer is just coming up lame.

 

And as cool as it is to see that Nintendo and Sony are basically handling two different aspects of gaming, and therefore not stepping on each others toes, it also means neither Nintendo or Sony have anybody to fear.

 

Peter Moore understood the most important rule: The Name of the Game...is Games.

 

The platform who has the best, most sought after exclusives, wins.

 

A buffet of lesser games will never......ever......compensate for that.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

:mjgrin: Is that your damage control?

 

I’m reporting the news. Don’t be mad that your savior Phil is being exposed as a fraud :hest:

This all happened long before Phil had any say :Jeff:

 

Can you fucking imagine... if the MS of the 360 era, had the financial backing from Bill Gates, that Satya Nadella is giving Phil Spencer now?

 

Sony would have been finished lol

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Remij said:

This all happened long before Phil had any say :Jeff:

 

Can you fucking imagine... if the MS of the 360 era, had the financial backing from Bill Gates, that Satya Nadella is giving Phil Spencer now?

 

Sony would have been finished lol

 

 

Phil is still a console warrior, he’s just full of shit now and knows he can’t go head to head with Sony on anything now so he uses the passive aggressive tactic.

 

Go look at who he follows on Twitter,  he follows the worst Xbox console warlords and even joins their podcasts. He’s not fooling anyone but gullible people like you. You are only kidding yourself if you think Phil isn’t knee deep in console wars.

 

Well, it’s too bad for lems like you that Xbox didn’t get the backing they had to strike Sony when they were down. Instead MS pissed away all the goodwill and market they had during the 360 gen and allowed Sony to bounce back stronger than ever :mjgrin:. It’s too late now for what-ifs, Sony has grown in the last 15 years into a true juggernaut in the game industry. Something that MS even with their billions spent are still trailing far behind them.

 

The gen to win was the XB1 and PS4 gen when digital libraries and ecosystems were truly becoming a thing, and MS fucked up and dropped the ball hard.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Remij said:

This all happened long before Phil had any say :Jeff:

 

Can you fucking imagine... if the MS of the 360 era, had the financial backing from Bill Gates, that Satya Nadella is giving Phil Spencer now?

 

Sony would have been finished lol

 

 

:tom:this guy is now trying to say that Xbox was a poor, underfunded, underdog.

 

did you forget all of those Japanese games that Peter Moore announced at the launch of X360.....all of that was Microsoft moneyhatted.

 

Do you know how much money it cost Microsoft to be able to LAUNCH THE FUCKING CONSOLE ONE ENTIRE YEAR ahead of Sony?

 

And then on top of that........how much money it cost Microsoft to save Xbox, the entire brand, from the Red Ring of Death hardware fiasco.

 

And this guy is trying to retcon as if Xbox didn't have massive monetary resources back then.:lawl:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FIREPOWER said:

Phil is still a console warrior, he’s just full of shit now and knows he can’t go head to head with Sony on anything now so he uses the passive aggressive tactic.

 

Go look at who he follows on Twitter,  he follows the worst Xbox console warlords and even joins their podcasts. He’s not fooling anyone but gullible people like you. You are only kidding yourself if you think Phil isn’t knee deep in console wars.

 

Well, it’s too bad for lems like you that Xbox didn’t get the backing they had to strike Sony when they were down. Instead MS pissed away all the goodwill and market they had during the 360 gen and allowed Sony to bounce back stronger than ever :mjgrin:. It’s too late now for what-ifs, Sony has grown in the last 15 years into a true juggernaut in the game industry. Something that MS even with their billions spent are still trailing far behind them.

 

The gen to win was the XB1 and PS4 gen when digital libraries and ecosystems were truly becoming a thing, and MS fucked up and dropped the ball hard.  

:dame:

 

 

I hated Xbox back then :D 

 

Well not hated.. but I always wanted Sony to win.  Still though, you have to respect MS' hustle during that generation.  They had the better designed hardware, they had dev support, and massive franchises going full swing.

 

Sony was coming off the success of the PS2 ffs... that was a huge uphill battle for MS, and the fact that they essentially tied them by the end of the gen was massive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

:tom:this guy is now trying to say that Xbox was a poor, underfunded, underdog.

 

did you forget all of those Japanese games that Peter Moore announced at the launch of X360.....all of that was Microsoft moneyhatted.

 

Do you know how much money it cost Microsoft to be able to LAUNCH THE FUCKING CONSOLE ONE ENTIRE YEAR ahead of Sony?

 

And then on top of that........how much money it cost Microsoft to save Xbox, the entire brand, from the Red Ring of Death hardware fiasco.

 

And this guy is trying to retcon as if Xbox didn't have massive monetary resources back then.:lawl:

I didn't say that... at all.  I said.... they certainly didn't have the backing and blessing of MS back then the way they do now.   That's what I said.

 

It took that much money to compete against Playstation... after the juggernaut that was PS2.   They had lots of money.... but not billions to buy whoever they want... like Satya gave Phil.

 

LMFAO this clown trying to argue anything with me.  He wants to get slapped like a dumb bitch again I see... 4th consecutive night :tom: 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...