Does your GF swallow?

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

Ya. Best color-grader around. 

Oh, surprised to hear. I just use it because it's free (they do have a paid one) so I just assumed it was behind the other vid edit programs feature wise. 

Was thinking of just getting into premiere to keep everything Adobe tho. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Oh, surprised to hear. I just use it because it's free (they do have a paid one) so I just assumed it was behind the other vid edit programs feature wise. 

Was thinking of just getting into premiere to keep everything Adobe tho. 

Premiere is amazing, especially if you have mogrt files for slick transitions/type layouts,  and if you want to drag/drop your sequence into after effects. 

However, resolve (even the free one)’s color-grading makes premiere’s lumetri color feel like a phone app. Also, resolve has incredible tracking technology. I dare say it’s better than after effects’ roto brush 2.0

resolve allows for 3D creation, whereas premiere needs cinema 4D. 

but, if you are editing commercials or promotional videos, premiere is the way to go. Its templates via motion array, storyblocks, etc. are unparalleled. Also, you can drag/drop any codec (resolve can be stingy with non-raw files). The workflow will always be faster (excluding renders/exports)

but, if you are editing a film or a production-rich tv show, resolve is the way to go. It handles 4/6/8K raw files better than premiere and you will get the best picture quality possible (even with the free version). 

I paid the $300 for the studio because it takes advantage of my m1 max chip and its de-noise is mind-blowing for low light video. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Premiere is amazing, especially if you have mogrt files for slick transitions/type layouts,  and if you want to drag/drop your sequence into after effects. 

However, resolve (even the free one)’s color-grading makes premiere’s lumetri color feel like a phone app. Also, resolve has incredible tracking technology. I dare say it’s better than after effects’ roto brush 2.0

resolve allows for 3D creation, whereas premiere needs cinema 4D. 

but, if you are editing commercials or promotional videos, premiere is the way to go. Its templates via motion array, storyblocks, etc. are unparalleled. Also, you can drag/drop any codec (resolve can be stingy with non-raw files). The workflow will always be faster (excluding renders/exports)

but, if you are editing a film or a production-rich tv show, resolve is the way to go. It handles 4/6/8K raw files better than premiere and you will get the best picture quality possible (even with the free version). 

I paid the $300 for the studio because it takes advantage of my m1 max chip and its de-noise is mind-blowing for low light video. 

Wait, the pro version is only 300? I don't know why I thought it was like 1500 or something. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Wait, the pro version is only 300? I don't know why I thought it was like 1500 or something. 

Yup! You can get it for free if you buy the $395 speed editor (pretty sweet hardware). All updates are free and it’s a one-time payment.