Cult of the Lamb GS review - 9.0

Cult of the Lamb Review - A Cult Classic - GameSpot

The Good
Combat and dungeoneering are fast-paced, fluid, and fun
Skill trees, mini-games, upgrades, and base management elements are robust but not overwhelming
Art design and music are dark-yet-vibrant and creepy-yet-endearing
A surprising amount of customization and player-choice make the game very replayable
Accessibility options ensure the game is fun-yet-challenging for a wide variety of players

The Bad
Naturally, content can be a bit crude at times
Spikes in combat difficulty and resource generation might be found frustrating

On 2022-08-10 at 8:27 AM, Twinblade said:

It sometimes feels like indie devs are unable to make good games that aren't roguelikes. 

Katana Zero is an amazing non rogue like

This game's gameplay loop is damn good so far. It moves at a nice pace and you're constantly unlocking stuff and progressing through the many (but easy to understand and intuitive) systems that make up the base building/management aspect.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This game's gameplay loop is damn good so far. It moves at a nice pace and you're constantly unlocking stuff and progressing through the many (but easy to understand and intuitive) systems that make up the base building/management aspect.

Is this on consoles too?

On 2022-08-11 at 11:14 PM, Twinblade said:

I played about 90 minutes and totally agree.  If I wasn't actively passing out, I'd keep playing it right through the intro section. I just gave my first sermon at the Temple. The combat feels too basic, but the animation is still satisfying.