Saints Row reboot GS review - 6.0

39 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Volition spent around 5 years developing this, and their last game, Agents of Mayhem, was a colossal flop. This might actually be the End of the studio 

Given the major absence of GTAVI and any real major release until GoW, I think this could do well commercially  with the casual market. :yeshrug:

• Upvote 1

I think Saucer summed it up when he said it was tik tok zoomers trying to pay off their college debt. Fucking hard pass :facep: Saints Row 2 was the best but they nevwr recaptured that magic.

Every IP that started under Xbox 360 is in serious decline or dead. The 360 is cursed, confirmed.  

At metacritic:

Saints Row (2006) - 81

Saints Row (2022) - 63

Dead Rising (2006) - 85

Dead Rising 4 (2016) - 72

Gears of War (2006) - 94

Gears of War 4 (2016) - 84

Mass Effect (2007) - 91

Mass Effect Andromeda (2017) - 71

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Every IP that started under Xbox 360 is in serious decline or dead. The 360 is cursed, confirmed.  

At metacritic:

Saints Row (2006) - 81

Saints Row (2022) - 63

Dead Rising (2006) - 85

Dead Rising 4 (2016) - 72

Gears of War (2006) - 94

Gears of War 4 (2016) - 84

Mass Effect (2007) - 91

Mass Effect Andromeda (2017) - 71

I think it’s more that the newer games are just rehashes that don’t offer much in terms of new ideas.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think it’s more that the newer games are just rehashes that don’t offer much in terms of new ideas.

Crackdown (2007) - 83

Crackdown 3 (2019) - 54

14 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Crackdown (2007) - 83

Crackdown 3 (2019) - 54

Yeah that’s exactly what I’m saying. Crackdown was flawed but it was a breath of fresh air. Then they tried to make the same game 2 gens later and there was no way it was going to impress again.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah that’s exactly what I’m saying. Crackdown was flawed but it was a breath of fresh air. Then they tried to make the same game 2 gens later and there was no way it was going to impress again.

Lack of innovation is part of it but the games are still worse. Mass Effect is better than Andromeda. Dead Rising is better than Dead Rising 4. (Haven't played the rest so I wouldn't know).

It's not as if they made fantastic sequels that burned solely because said games played it safe. 

8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Lack of innovation is part of it but the games are still worse. Mass Effect is better than Andromeda. Dead Rising is better than Dead Rising 4. (Haven't played the rest so I wouldn't know).

It's not as if they made fantastic sequels that burned solely because said games played it safe. 

Dead Rising was also the first game in the series. That’s always going to color our perception of what It was doing at the time.

but Saints Row would have definitely been a 7ish game if it were more polished. The bugginess is a big contributor to the low scores.

6 hours ago, TLHBO said:

I think Saucer summed it up when he said it was tik tok zoomers trying to pay off their college debt. Fucking hard pass :facep: Saints Row 2 was the best but they nevwr recaptured that magic.

I dunno, I really enjoyed SR 3. I'd agree that SR2 is objectively better, but SR3 was so fuckin' ridiculous I easily had more fun with it than SR2.

11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Dead Rising was also the first game in the series. That’s always going to color our perception of what It was doing at the time.

I play it pretty much every year, so no. It's better than all the games that followed.