Steam Deck reservations made daily are the highest they've been since launch, and growing

Production is picking up speed too, and the queues are moving up quicker as well.

Developers do also seem to be using it as a marketing tool for their PC games.  I've seen a few "Deck Verified" confirmations result in people choosing the PC versions of certain games over the Switch version that they were considering.

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Production is picking up speed too, and the queues are moving up quicker as well.

Developers do also seem to be using it as a marketing tool for their PC games.  I've seen a few "Deck Verified" confirmations result in people choosing the PC versions of certain games over the Switch version that they were considering.

That's a very Microsoft like Stat... Talk of growth but no actual numbers,  I mean going from 1 to 2 is 100% growth after all. 

But the deck still isn't ready for mass market retail. 

Yes the guys that used it to play their steam games on Switch will game on Deck if they own one.... But that's not going to even be 1% of 1% of the entire user base. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

That's a very Microsoft like Stat... Talk of growth but no actual numbers,  I mean going from 1 to 2 is 100% growth after all. 

But the deck still isn't ready for mass market retail. 

Yes the guys that used it to play their steam games on Switch will game on Deck if they own one.... But that's not going to even be 1% of 1% of the entire user base. 

It's not that serious of a thread.  

The point is that reservations seem to be growing daily... regardless of how few it is.

And yea, Steam isnt going to be giving any numbers.

Doesn't matter.  Just a thread because I'm happy it seems to be doing well.

Just now, Remij said:

It's not that serious of a thread.  

The point is that reservations seem to be growing daily... regardless of how few it is.

And yea, Steam isnt going to be giving any numbers.

Doesn't matter.  Just a thread because I'm happy it seems to be doing well.

I'm not shitting on the deck.  Just saying that when companies "brag"  about biggest numbers since launch etc with no actual data points it rings hollow. 

They didn't even state a percentage. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

I'm not shitting on the deck.  Just saying that when companies "brag"  about biggest numbers since launch etc with no actual data points it rings hollow. 

They didn't even state a percentage. 

It's not a report... just a "fun fact" on twitter :shrug: 

10 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's not a report... just a "fun fact" on twitter :shrug: 

Robot All Your Base GIF by The Yetee

Fun facts aren't allowed on here my friend, look how quickly the sheep report for duty to piss on your parade :tom: No doubt jerderpey will come in soon, this is an ideal spot for him to drop his bait to set up an argument for the night.

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Fun fact - we sold 20% more and are seeing a 10% increase in reservations.   Simple. 

The interesting fact was that the demand is at the highest it has ever been since launch, it's actually very informative in of itself. Especially in a context where there's no particular reason for it (as far as I can tell), it's not a spike from holiday sales, it's not because of a price drop or a huge marketing campaign. If you ask me it shows a clear increase in consumers interests just for the product itself, probably because it received good word of mouth from those who currently has one. 

42 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The interesting fact was that the demand is at the highest it has ever been since launch, it's actually very informative in of itself. Especially in a context where there's no particular reason for it (as far as I can tell), it's not a spike from holiday sales, it's not because of a price drop or a huge marketing campaign. If you ask me it shows a clear increase in consumers interests just for the product itself, probably because it received good word of mouth from those who currently has one. 

Again without context of how much the increase was you have no idea if it's actually a spike or a minor uptick. 

Without any tangible percentage thus can spin it however they choose. 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Again without context of how much the increase was you have no idea if it's actually a spike or a minor uptick. 

Without any tangible percentage thus can spin it however they choose. 

A 1% increase would still indicate healthy demand since launch being consistent sales with no slowdown, you can at least assume that it has picked up in popularity since launch, which is a good sign. I mean there's more than quantity and raw numbers.