Jump to content

Is the Switch Pro Controller good?


Recommended Posts

Its good, but I believe I bought mines for like $50.

 

Yeah, I'd want more from the controller for $70.

 

Actually, I just quickly checked my emails, I bought it back in 2018 for $40 because of some black friday deal. I believe that was also right when they did a small update to the hardware.

Edited by jehurey
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a great controller, provided you do the d-pad mod.  It has a perfect form and shape IMO, but the d-pad issues are the major knock against it.

 

That considered, the best controller you can get for your Switch is the Gulikit KingKong 2 Pro controller.

 

https://www.gulikit.com/productinfo/737791.html

 

It has electromagnetic analog sticks which will never drift, and is great all around.

Edited by Remij
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Remij said:

It's a great controller, provided you do the d-pad mod.  It has a perfect form and shape IMO, but the d-pad issues are the major knock against it.

 

That considered, the best controller you can get for your Switch is the Gulikit KingKong 2 Pro controller.

 

https://www.gulikit.com/productinfo/737791.html

 

It has electromagnetic analog sticks which will never drift, and is great all around.

How do you fucking buy it???

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Remij said:

Awesome thank you.  Going to buy the white one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got it. Im glad I had a giftcard and only payed $45 or else I would have felt ripped off. This thing has the worst triggers I've seen on a modern controller.

 

Its still an improvement over the grip + joycons but thats not saying much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I just got it. Im glad I had a giftcard and only payed $45 or else I would have felt ripped off. This thing has the worst triggers I've seen on a modern controller.

 

Its still an improvement over the grip + joycons but thats not saying much. 

Yeah, the joycons are terrible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 4 of them. Yeah I'm crazy but they are the most comfortable controllers. I often have friends over for mario kart drink nights. No one wants to use fucking joylesscons

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cooke said:

I have 4 of them. Yeah I'm crazy but they are the most comfortable controllers. I often have friends over for mario kart drink nights. No one wants to use fucking joylesscons

"joylesscons" :D i'm dead. spot on!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

"joylesscons" :D i'm dead. spot on!

Suck it nintendo. They should never have made them detachable. Oh but look at all the colour combinations!!! :lemming:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cooke said:

Suck it nintendo. They should never have made them detachable. Oh but look at all the colour combinations!!! :lemming:

i mean, i get what they were going for. however, the execution was terrible. i have never experienced drift and button issues with any of my other controllers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The tech in the Joycons is still pretty impressive especially when you play games that really make use of them (like Ring Fit or 1 2 Switch) but it sucks for regular games and the drift is just unforgivable.

I've actually never had drift with mine and I have a launch day switch :smugd:

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Cooke said:

I've actually never had drift with mine and I have a launch day switch :smugd:

Shiii I have had 3 issues now. It would have been more, but I’ve been too lazy to return the joycons. Mind you, I have never had the rrod or yellow light of death, or any controller breaking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...