Jump to content

Intel NUC 12, the future of consoles


Recommended Posts

Oh man LOL... I'm still laughing :kaz: 

 

Jerky actually thought that companies like Dell, Intel, Hewlett Packard are paid by MS to include Windows.... and not the other way around :drake: 

 

 

:ovolol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Remij said:

LOL he's still trying to bullshit his way through something he doesn't know fuck all about:lawl: 

 

Holy shit this is hilarious :omglol: 

He's now trying to backtrack to his previous post because he knows he MESSED UP trying to trap me :lawl:

 

Idiot thought that I was talking about the relationship between Microsoft and Intel, and he thought Intel was an OEM.

 

:lawl:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

He's now trying to backtrack to his previous post because he knows he MESSED UP trying to trap me :lawl:

 

Idiot thought that I was talking about the relationship between Microsoft and Intel, and he thought Intel was an OEM.

 

:lawl:

LOLOL look at him :rofl:

 

Copies of Windows that are sold with Intel NUCs ARE OEM copies idiot................ :mj: 

Edited by Remij
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Remij said:

LOLOL look at him :rofl:

 

Copies of Windows that are sold with Intel NUCs

LOL he already knows I never once used the letters

 

N.

U.

C.

 

And I even said "PC heydays" and "the 90's" and I said "Dell" and "hewlett Packard" multiple times.

 

He's intentionally trying to change what I was talking about, and pretend he CLEARLY DIDN'T READ the context in which I was explaining:lawl::lawl:

Link to post
Share on other sites

LMFAO I still cant get over the fact that this idiot thought that companies like Dell, Intel, Lenovo, HP..... are paid and subsidized by MS... to include Windows on their devices.... when it's the other way around... they pay MS for OEM copies... :lawl: 

 

:rofl: :rofls: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jehurey said:

LOL he already knows I never once used the letters

 

N.

U.

C.

 

And I even said "PC heydays" and "the 90's" and I said "Dell" and "hewlett Packard" multiple times.

 

He's intentionally trying to change what I was talking about, and pretend he CLEARLY DIDN'T READ the context in which I was explaining:lawl::lawl:

LMFAO we're in a thread talking about Intel and other companies making a "console like" box.... and potentially using SteamOS..... :drake: 

 

LOL none of what you just said changes a single fucking thing LMFAO...  These companies PAY MS (a cheaper amount) to include Windows on their device... and they subsidize that cost... by passing it on to the consumer and factoring it into the total cost of the product.

 

They ONLY make money on selling the hardware idiot....  :snoop: 

 

So... in the case of making a "console box" PC.... they could put SteamOS on it... and not pay anything to Valve... and sell it specifically to gamers... AS IS.  They're not making any money that happens on transactions inside of SteamOS.. just like they wouldn't make money on any transactions that happen inside Windows :drake: 

 

Oh man :tom: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Remij said:

LMFAO we're in a thread talking about Intel and other companies making a "console like" box.... and potentially using SteamOS..... :drake: 

 

LOL none of what you just said changes a single fucking thing LMFAO...  These companies PAY MS (a cheaper amount) to include Windows on their device... and they subsidize that cost... by passing it on to the consumer and factoring it into the total cost of the product.

 

They ONLY make money on selling the hardware idiot....  :snoop: 

 

So... in the case of making a "console box" PC.... they could put SteamOS on it... and not pay anything to Valve... and sell it specifically to gamers... AS IS.  They're not making any money that happens on transactions inside of SteamOS.. just like they wouldn't make money on any transactions that happen inside Windows :drake: 

 

Oh man :tom: 

he's now melting down again, because I just caught him trying to pretend he didn't know what i was talking about.

 

Either one of two things:

 

1.) You lost the argument, and are trying to play stupid

 

or

 

2.) You're so tunnel-visioned angry, that you didn't pay attention.

 

Either one makes me laugh at you.:drake:

 

Like I said, go cry somewhere else..........I was already speaking to somebody else who wasn't making crying noises like you.

Edited by jehurey
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jehurey said:

because windows helps subsidize, or PAY THEM for including windows in their PC

 

you see Valve doing that, anytime soon?

 

That's what I thought

 

Dumbass doesn't even know how this worked during the 90's

Intel is in the chip business. They don't make an OS. They don't have a digital product to sell. They're selling the NUC to make a profit. Either Windows or SteamOS or some other Linux distro are going to make it useful. The Intel post says there will be a choice of OSes. We don't even know that SteamOS will be provided.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

Intel is in the chip business. They don't make an OS. They don't have a digital product to sell. They're selling the NUC to make a profit. Either Windows or SteamOS or some other Linux distro are going to make it useful. The Intel post says there will be a choice of OSes. We don't even know that SteamOS will be provided.

But I was talking about a universal "VCR" concept. So, sure the base hardware could be standardized, using Intel chips and their reference spec, but Intel doesn't to be the one fully investing in making the hardware, distributing, marketing, customer support. That would make them the defacto owner of a platform.

 

They'd rather have other companies share that risk, and they'd sell their chips to those OEMs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...