Official GOW thread (for those playing it - no spam)

11 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

About 10 hours in now but I've doing every side thing possible so probably not that far in main quest wise. Absolutely loving the game, big step up from the first while still keeping it's core. Some of these realms look unreal.

Gripe atm is the menus and UI are again pretty average if not down right bad, but I'm getting use to them. 

Vanaheim :wow2: 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man the combat in this game sucks ass.

About 3 hours in.  It's fucking goooood 

Beat it. Last 10 hours were great. No idea why they thought this needed to be a 20+ hour game, especially with how fast things progress in the last couple hours compared to the slow fucking slog of th

Posted Images

The Favors are stealing the show. Lots of places to explore, along the way to each respective objective. Fun puzzles. Excellent loot (I have some level 5 armor already). I feel like these side missions add even more depth to an already deep main arc. While some of the dialog can be wonky, most of the exchanges have been excellent. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 2022-11-14 at 10:33 AM, -GD-X said:

Vanaheim :wow2: 

On 2022-11-14 at 10:39 AM, -GD-X said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Freya’s and Kratos’ convo during the Vanaheim mission :wow2:

Excellent dynamic! 

So good! Right where I'm up to also and it's been excellent. 

Quite a few favours in this realm too and they are all excellent. This is such a meatier game and every part of it has the quality of a 'main campaign'. It's been excellent so far. 

Not a spoiler but just in case people are uber sensitive. 

Spoiler

love the larger cast of characters in this one too. Some great dynamics and they play off each other so well

• Like 1
8 hours ago, madmaltese said:

So good! Right where I'm up to also and it's been excellent. 

Quite a few favours in this realm too and they are all excellent. This is such a meatier game and every part of it has the quality of a 'main campaign'. It's been excellent so far. 

Not a spoiler but just in case people are uber sensitive. 

[spoiler]love the larger cast of characters in this one too. Some great dynamics and they play off each other so well[/spoiler]

Yeah, we are pretty close. Is it me, or do some of the favors feel as good as the best companion quests in Mass Effect 2? I feel like I’m learning a lot about the supporting players. 

10 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, we are pretty close. Is it me, or do some of the favors feel as good as the best companion quests in Mass Effect 2? I feel like I’m learning a lot about the supporting players. 

Yeah they have definitely used favours as a way to flesh out each of the supporting cast. Basically exactly like ME2 where side quests were used to get to know more about your crew. Such an excellent improvement over the first and give the entire game that top tier feeling as opposed to just the main quest. 

• Like 1

Finished it

Not sure which is my GOTY between those and Elden Ring

Elden Ring has the stronger first half, Ragnarok the stronger second half 

Elden Ring better exploration, but I always appreciate how Ragnarok builds puzzle progression into the exploration.

ER has more copy and paste content and some areas feel weaker than others. Both feel pretty equal in terms of overall content given. There are entire hidden areas within Ragnarok that don't show up until late or post game 

Felt like Ragnarok was the more challenging game that required me to learn all the mechanics (second hardest level), whereas ER I could just grind my levels to victory

Equal in world building but Ragnarok takes story

Elden Ring didn't have any moments as weak as Ironwood

Still have a lot of side quests left

Ending spoilers:

Spoiler

Genuinely got tearful at the ending. Taken as a 2 game saga, the character work they've done with Kratos and Atreus is unrivalled

I think it was the perfect ending for Atreus and let's the future continue to focus on Kratos

The side character work was phenomenal, particularly Brok and Sindri but also Freya's arc. 

Villains were fantastic, Thor as the alcoholic daddy's boy worked so well and Odin as the master manipulator. The twist with Tyr was genuinely phenomenal

Interested to see where the series goes because it felt like a good place to end the series.

Edited by Voidler
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Literally spending all my time doing these amazing Favours as opposed to the main story and that is not something I expected. 

nice homie. i am enjoying the favors more tbh.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The environment I just got to is pretty amazing looking

Hide contents

Plains of Ida in Asgard

We are at the same area. It’s been tough getting in game time this week. Hopefully, I can play more this weekend. But yeah, stunning area. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Man the combat in this game sucks ass.

It definitely leaves something to be desired, and I think part of the problem is that there's too much of it. If the combat encounters typically had just 1 wave of enemies that would be fine, but most of them throw 2 or even 3 at you and it just becomes a bit of a slog.

Yea I'm going to be honest.  I'm probably not as far as you guys are, but this game is like a rollercoaster.  For every awesome thing, there's some other thing that nags on me a bit.  I feel like maybe I was just being too judgmental for small things, but they kinda just add up.

I'm probably sitting around an 8/10 as it is right now... but still more to go.

I don't think this game is putting Elden Ring in any danger of losing my personal GOTY award though.  We'll see how it ends though. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Remij said:

Yea I'm going to be honest.  I'm probably not as far as you guys are, but this game is like a rollercoaster.  For every awesome thing, there's some other thing that nags on me a bit.  I feel like maybe I was just being too judgmental for small things, but they kinda just add up.

I'm probably sitting around an 8/10 as it is right now... but still more to go.

I don't think this game is putting Elden Ring in any danger of losing my personal GOTY award though.  We'll see how it ends though. 

It’s sitting at 8.5 for me, so far. I’m loving the story and the side quests. I don’t mind the combat. My main gripe is the interactive butler aspect, regarding puzzles and exploration in the main missions. 

• Like 1