Eli Lily (drug company) agrees to Cap insulin at $35

• Goukosan changed the title to Eli Lily (drug company) agrees to Cap insulin at $35

That's good news. Why were the prices jumping that high in the first place? Did they ever give a reason for it? Insulin isn't exactly a new drug with high R&D costs. 

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

That's good news. Why were the prices jumping that high in the first place? Did they ever give a reason for it? Insulin isn't exactly a new drug with high R&D costs. 

Truly a mystery.

• dead 2
29 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

It's funny how this kind of mind works. He believes in queer conspiracies but can't conceive why a company charged alot of money for something people need to live. 

The costs of everything are increasing. But insulin prices in the US increased far beyond the rate of inflation. I'm simply asking if they gave some sort of reason for it. Clearly you can't have a simple discussion without being an ass. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Capitalism. 

there is a chance he genuinely doesn't know, because--even though he complains about his left-leaning country that he lives in--he's so stupidly ignorant that he doesn't understand how a liberal government actually prevents the types of things that are happening all over the place in the US.

56 minutes ago, jehurey said:

there is a chance he genuinely doesn't know, because--even though he complains about his left-leaning country that he lives in--he's so stupidly ignorant that he doesn't understand how a liberal government actually prevents the types of things that are happening all over the place in the US.

He brought up inflation, like that has anything to do with it. Again, these people are idiots. 

Screenshot_20230301_202431.thumb.jpg.39202204de2264912dec290ee696ef44.jpg

This is from the Mayo clinic in 2020. 

One of the few times I found Joe Rogan to actually call out a right winger and know what he was talking about was debunking a dumb Canadian Libertarian who thinks the way Cooke does. 

That businesses and companies are good guys who go above and beyond to serve their customers because of the free market. 

Martin Skreli, that shit head pharma bro said he didn't feel bad raises prices because it was mostly coming out of the pockets of insurance companies, not regular people. 

Yes, it's moronic and still a net negative, but that's how these people operate. They can charge exuberant prices in the US because that's the bootleg system they want to keep going. 

2 hours ago, Cooke said:

The costs of everything are increasing. But insulin prices in the US increased far beyond the rate of inflation. I'm simply asking if they gave some sort of reason for it. Clearly you can't have a simple discussion without being an ass. 

Inflation has absolutely nothing to do with drug companies price gouging for their products. 

Insulin has been at a ridiculous price forever, even before the pandemic because it's a drug that people literally NEED to stay alive... So the drug companies have been charging out the nose for it. 

10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Inflation has absolutely nothing to do with drug companies price gouging for their products. 

Insulin has been at a ridiculous price forever, even before the pandemic because it's a drug that people literally NEED to stay alive... So the drug companies have been charging out the nose for it. 

Perhaps they need to reduce regulatory hurdles so smaller companies can manufacture it and put pricing pressure on the near monopoly Eli Lily has. 

Also to say inflation has nothing to do with it is wrong. Of course it does. It affects the price of raw goods and transportation. In my work the fuel cost increase has caused massive increases on our supply chain. 

3 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Perhaps they need to reduce regulatory hurdles so smaller companies can manufacture it and put pricing pressure on the near monopoly Eli Lily has. 

Also to say inflation has nothing to do with it is wrong. Of course it does. It affects the price of raw goods and transportation. In my work the fuel cost increase has caused massive increases on our supply chain. 

Oh I forgot your dumbass thought the gas price increase was related to inflation.... Yet somehow the oil companies made record breaking profits due to the increase. 

Insulin in America has been a ridiculous price  and steadily increasing for years before the pandemic happened. 

That has nothing to do with inflation.  Just like the Oil companies it had to do with corporate greed.  People need it to live.. So they will pay the high price for the drug. 

Screenshot_20230301_202431.jpg

46 minutes ago, Cooke said:

What led you to believe the current state of insulin manufacturing was a regulatory hurdle?

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Oh I forgot your dumbass thought the gas price increase was related to inflation.... Yet somehow the oil companies made record breaking profits due to the increase. 

Insulin in America has been a ridiculous price  and steadily increasing for years before the pandemic happened. 

That has nothing to do with inflation.  Just like the Oil companies it had to do with corporate greed.  People need it to live.. So they will pay the high price for the drug. 

Screenshot_20230301_202431.jpg

Gas prices related to inflation? Other way around bimbo. 

And yes oil companies are fucking cunts making record profits. As are grocery chains. They use inflation as an excuse to raise prices more than necessary to cover the actual cost of inflation. 

7 hours ago, Cooke said:

Gas prices related to inflation? Other way around bimbo. 

And yes oil companies are fucking cunts making record profits. As are grocery chains. They use inflation as an excuse to raise prices more than necessary to cover the actual cost of inflation. 

Which means inflation wasn't the cause of the high gas prices you dense OX. 

And lol at you just making up out of thin air that inflation was the reason insulin costs so much... 

Edited by Goukosan
42 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Which means inflation wasn't the cause of the high gas prices you dense OX. 

And lol at you just making up out of thin air that inflation was the reason insulin costs so much... 

I never said it was. 

"The costs of everything are increasing. But insulin prices in the US increased far beyond the rate of inflation. I'm simply asking if they gave some sort of reason for it. Clearly you can't have a simple discussion without being an ass. "

Edited by Cooke
1 hour ago, Cooke said:

I never said it was. 

"The costs of everything are increasing. But insulin prices in the US increased far beyond the rate of inflation. I'm simply asking if they gave some sort of reason for it. Clearly you can't have a simple discussion without being an ass. "

You never said what was? 

You just explained the greed of the oil companies and supermarket chains... Yet you somehow simply cannot grasp why a drug company is charging ridiculous prices for a life saving drug? 

Make that make sense.  It's quite obvious that the drug companies have been price gouging for decades.

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

You never said what was? 

You just explained the greed of the oil companies and supermarket chains... Yet you somehow simply cannot grasp why a drug company is charging ridiculous prices for a life saving drug? 

Make that make sense.  It's quite obvious that the drug companies have been price gouging for decades.

Omfg. I'm asking you guys if you know the reason why the drastically increased prices. And I clearly said it WASN'T INFLATION.