New Little Mermaid Trailer

I love it. White racists will skip this because she's black. Black racists will skip this because the male love interest is White. I should probably skip this because Im not the intended demographic for this movie, but oh I'll be there, along with a nephew or niece of mine as my beard to not look weird sitting next to underage girls.

jk Im not seeing this in theatres, or probably at all. But the politicizing going on with Disney, especially with the governor of Florida since I live there, is hilarious.

6 hours ago, z,warrior said:

I love it. White racists will skip this because she's black. Black racists will skip this because the male love interest is White. I should probably skip this because Im not the intended demographic for this movie, but oh I'll be there, along with a nephew or niece of mine as my beard to not look weird sitting next to underage girls.

jk Im not seeing this in theatres, or probably at all. But the politicizing going on with Disney, especially with the governor of Florida since I live there, is hilarious.

:D 10/10 thread

Peter Pan is brown, Tinker Bell is black, The lost boys are now the lost they/thems but captain Hook the villain is still White 😂

How about instead of race swapping old stories, why not make new stories ? 

Edited by Cooke
41 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Peter Pan is brown, Tinker Bell is white. The lost boys are now the lost they/thems but captain Hook the villain is still White 😂

How about instead of race swapping old stories, why not make new stories ? 

Stop the presses.. Oh noooes 😢

51 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Stop the presses.. Oh noooes 😢

And your point is they shouldn't race swap? Thank you. 

43 minutes ago, Cooke said:

And your point is they shouldn't race swap? Thank you. 

Point is you had no problems with the tons movies with race swapped white actors.... Now conveniently you have an issue with Peter Pan.... Strange... 

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Point is you had no problems with the tons movies with race swapped white actors.... Now conveniently you have an issue with Peter Pan.... Strange... 

How do you know this? I thought ghost in a shell looked incredibly stupid with what's her face as the lead.  And God's of Egypt should have used Arab looking people. But it's not a remaking of another movie, that's different. It's bad casting from the beginning. 

Edited by Cooke
Just now, Cooke said:

How do you know this? I thought ghost in a shell looked incredibly stupid with what's her face as the lead.  And God's of Egypt should have used Arab looking people. But it's not a remaking of another movie, that's different. It's bad casting from the beginning. 

Ghost in a shell movie  is a remake of the Ghost in the shell amine movie. 

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Ghost in a shell movie  is a remake of the Ghost in the shell amine movie. 

You can clearly see I was talking about God's of Egypt at that point Gouk. 

34 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

And that somehow negates ghost in the shell being a remake? :umad:

In which i agreed that the casting was terrible? 

6 hours ago, Cooke said:

It's fucking Peter Pan, they make a new one every five fucking years. One doesn't have as many white people as you would like. 

They don't make new stories because they want to make money. 

18 hours ago, Cooke said:

In which i agreed that the casting was terrible? 

That speaks to her ability as an actor not her race. 

I'm sure you were up in arms when you saw Mat Hardy as Bane in the dark knight rises instead the character being Hispanic right? 

Or star ship troopers where the main character (Jonny Rico) was white instead of Filipino like the source material. 

Or the tons of movies about Egypt where all Egyptians are white? 

Im sure all those instances were terrible casting to you Amirite? :umad:

5 hours ago, Goukosan said:

That speaks to her ability as an actor not her race. 

I'm sure you were up in arms when you saw Mat Hardy as Bane in the dark knight rises instead the character being Hispanic right? 

Or star ship troopers where the main character (Jonny Rico) was white instead of Filipino like the source material. 

Or the tons of movies about Egypt where all Egyptians are white? 

Im sure all those instances were terrible casting to you Amirite? :umad:

Johnny Rico was white? I read the book like 20 years ago and thought he was Argentinian..(Latino). Don't remember anything about the Philippines other than him saying a line in Tagalog.. but that doesn't mean much. 

Mat Hardy the wrestler? Lol 

What "tons of movies about Egypt?" We are talking about changing the race of the characters in remakes and reboots of movies. Unless there was some Egyptian movie that was redone I'm not sure what you're talking about. Also, do you even know what race Egyptians were before Arabs colonized egypt in 630AD? 

10 hours ago, Cooke said:

Johnny Rico was white? I read the book like 20 years ago and thought he was Argentinian..(Latino). Don't remember anything about the Philippines other than him saying a line in Tagalog.. but that doesn't mean much. 

Mat Hardy the wrestler? Lol 

What "tons of movies about Egypt?" We are talking about changing the race of the characters in remakes and reboots of movies. Unless there was some Egyptian movie that was redone I'm not sure what you're talking about. Also, do you even know what race Egyptians were before Arabs colonized egypt in 630AD? 

Cooke stop playing dumb. 

In the movie Jonny Rico was played by a white man.  In the book he was not a white man. 

Bane is Hispanic in the comics but was played by a white man in the movie. 

Were you up in arms about those changes?  :umad:

No the topic is about race swapped characters... Your damage control after getting called out for your hypocrisy.. Was bbbbut remakes and reboots. 

And lmfao at your last point with Egypt.... You're stupidity know no bounds :kaz:

Edited by Goukosan
5 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Cooke stop playing dumb. 

In the movie Jonny Rico was played by a white man.  In the book he was not a white man. 

Bane is Hispanic in the comics but was played by a white man in the movie. 

Were you up in arms about those changes?  :umad:

No the topic is about race swapped characters... Your damage control after getting called out for your hypocrisy.. Was bbbbut remakes and reboots. 

And lmfao at your last point with Egypt.... You're stupidity know no bounds :kaz:

Did you think ancient Egyptians were Arab Muslims Gouk? 🤣

On 2023-03-15 at 2:42 PM, Cooke said:

Did you think ancient Egyptians were Arab Muslims Gouk? 🤣

No. Dip shit....  They definitely weren't white as they are in the movies :umad:

So by you dodging Bane and Jonny Rico means you had no issue with the race swap for those characters you fucking hypocrite :patpatpat:

Edited by Goukosan
16 hours ago, Goukosan said:

No. Dip shit....  They definitely weren't white as they are in the movies :umad:

So by you dodging Bane and Jonny Rico means you had no issue with the face swap for those characters you fucking hypocrite :patpatpat:

This doesnt even matter because if you create new characters and an original story, these racist will still find something to complain. Motherfuckers spent a week complaining about Everything, Everhwhere, All at once. They just dont want to see non-white people in starring roles. 

On 3/15/2023 at 11:44 AM, Goukosan said:

So by you dodging Bane and Jonny Rico means you had no issue with the face swap for those characters you fucking hypocrite :patpatpat:

How would I know Melvin Lipschitz is Hispanic? 

Edited by Cooke