Sony PSVR2 Headset Off to Slow Start, “price cut may be needed to avoid complete disaster”

4 minutes ago, Substatic said:

PlayStation VR 2 Is Apparently Selling Really Badly - Report - GameSpot

breakfast-pancakes.gif

People still don't want to wear some big ole' bullshit on their heads.

LOL that article is basing it off of the same "estimate" from several days ago.

What a shitty news article, for them to even use the word "apparently". Sounds like something you'd read on Buzzfeed.:tom:

I love how gamers/investors expect VR devices to do as well as their flatscreen counterparts.

Even if the PSVR2 was cheap, it still wouldn't sell like crazy. VR gaming is without a doubt very niche and will probably stay that way for a long time. 

It's just the ease of use of sitting in front of a TV VS having to make room for you to stand up and move around, wear a helmet and actually use your body to play. It's never going to have the same appeal.

Even me, who is big on VR, sometimes I don't feel like wearing the stupid helmet or making room to play, so I end up playing a lot less VR than I do regular games. I mean you come back from work tired, you're most likely going to stick to your couch potato flatscreen experience. Sure, some VR games can be played while sitting down with a typical controller but those are not your typical VR games experiences, there actually a rarity in VR games. 

VR is like playing sports next to regular gaming. Try to play a boxing game in VR for a couple of hours like you would with a regular boxing game on your TV. Good fucking luck. You'll quit out of exhaustion 45 minutes in. Now do you really think this activity has the same appeal? It doesn't, they're completely different in nature, one is physical, the other isn't. 

PSVR2 will sell like 5-7m units lifetime and that's totally fine.