om Henderson: Sony has been working on new/unreported hardware – "wonders what the competition will think of it"

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Not really interested unless its a Vita successor. Almost no chance of that happening tho.

I would love a successor (as long as it ditches proprietary storage). 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I would love a successor (as long as it ditches proprietary storage). 

I think it could find its own niche in the market especially with the lack of competition. The 3DS isn’t around anymore and the switch is kind of a hybrid system. If Sony could make a Vita successor dedicated entirely to portability at a reasonable price, it could be a success. Especially if they can find a way to make it backwards compatible with most of PS library up to the PS4 gen. Maybe even take a page from Nintendo and make the OLED screen 3D compatible and have that be one of the selling points. In fact it would be pretty damn cool to play games with PS4 level visuals in 3D on a handheld. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think it could find its own niche in the market especially with the lack of competition. The 3DS isn’t around anymore and the switch is kind of a hybrid system. If Sony could make a Vita successor dedicated entirely to portability at a reasonable price, it could be a success. Especially if they can find a way to make it backwards compatible with most of PS library up to the PS4 gen. Maybe even take a page from Nintendo and make the OLED screen 3D compatible and have that be one of the selling points. In fact it would be pretty damn cool to play games with PS4 level visuals in 3D on a handheld. 

eh, i think i'm past the 3D stuff. ps4 visuals + ability to play older titles (the ones available on their marketplaces) + $299 price = day 1 for me.

• Upvote 1
On 4/4/2023 at 12:58 AM, jehurey said:

What if they made a handheld that could run PS4 games on it, and they purposely made it a device for PS+ Subscription service games?

I don't think thats even remotely possible with the hardware difference between a mobile and desktop AMD APU.