Steamdeck sold 1.6 million in 2022, sell another 2 million in 2023, report

4 hours ago, Cooke said:

Those are below WiiU numbers 

WiiU was sold at every major retailer in the world and had tv advertisements. Steamdeck is soldand marketed on one website.

51 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

WiiU was sold at every major retailer in the world and had tv advertisements. Steamdeck is soldand marketed on one website.

the biggest PC retailer website for games.

..........and it still isn't sold out

I love how its projected growth from Year 1 to Year 2 isn't even as big as Switch's growth from Year 1 to Year 2.

or even its Year 2 to Year 3.:trump:

Edited by jehurey
27 minutes ago, jehurey said:

the biggest PC retailer website for games.

..........and it still isn't sold out

I love how its projected growth from Year 1 to Year 2 isn't even as big as Switch's growth from Year 1 to Year 2.

or even its Year 2 to Year 3.:trump:

Thinking advertising a handheld on a sole desktop digital distribution service is anywhere near the same as advertising on prime time tv to casuals and having it easy for them to pick up in Argos, Game, or on Amazon :tom: Sheep, gotta take whatever victory you can get eh?

And wtf do you mean not sold out? It was backlogged almost the entirety of past year :tom: They want to keep supply up with demand, do you expect them to have "sold out" for weeks at a time on the store page so nobody can buy one? If you want artificial shortages stick with Nintendo.

3 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Thinking advertising a handheld on a sole desktop digital distribution service is anywhere near the same as advertising on prime time tv to casuals and having it easy for them to pick up in Argos, Game, or on Amazon :tom: Sheep, gotta take whatever victory you can get eh?

And wtf do you mean not sold out? It was backlogged almost the entirety of past year :tom: They want to keep supply up with demand, do you expect them to have "sold out" for weeks at a time on the store page so nobody can buy one? If you want artificial shortages stick with Nintendo.

So it was backlogged with what? 500k units? 

3 hours ago, TLHBO said:

whatever victory I can get, eh?

Like..........the complete victory, all around?

Dang, I guess if that's what I can get.:yeshrug:

Look at your excuses:hest:The handheld needs "advertising"?:tom:How many Switch commercials advertising the hardware did you see after its launch around Spring 2017?

2 hours ago, Cooke said:

So it was backlogged with what? 500k units? 

It was backlogged all the way up until September/October 2022. I think they had sold over a million by then anyway

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

whatever victory I can get, eh?

Like..........the complete victory, all around?

Dang, I guess if that's what I can get.:yeshrug:

Look at your excuses:hest:The handheld needs "advertising"?:tom:How many Switch commercials advertising the hardware did you see after its launch around Spring 2017?

Switch had plentt of advertising and yeah Switch dominates in sales no doubt, good job the Deck dominates in games then :umad:

4 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Switch had plentt of advertising and yeah Switch dominates in sales no doubt, good job the Deck dominates in games then :umad:

Its actually doesn't.

Switch actually had GOTY winners made for it.

There is no Steam Deck owner here who bought the device with an empty steam library, because they want to buy new games for it.:umad:

4 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Wii U is the biggest and most massive flop to ever exist in the gaming market, especially by an established player. There's no sugar coating that.

No that would actually be the Vita.

4 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Wii U is the biggest and most massive flop to ever exist in the gaming market, especially by an established player. There's no sugar coating that.

Saturn has entered the chat.