Amnesia The Bunker gameplay walkthrough

the biggest cunt rats i've ever seen :D 

I hope if you read the notes and stuff it does pause the game, it looks like it didn't but I hope it's just for show, I don't wanna have to worry about reading everything super fast lol

the game looks terrifying.... the sounds that thing makes :gasp:  can't wait to shit my pants when this thing is near 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

So there was a demo released on Steam a few days ago. I only found out about it now.

Played through it and the game has a bunch of interesting mechanics that I dig. Stuff like managing your time and keeping track of how much fuel there's left in the generator. Thats definitely going to add some intensity. I also really like the setting, its atmospheric and even though it just drops you in with minimal story/set up, there's still a fair amount of notes scattered throughout that flesh out the bunker and hint at some of the dark shit that went on within it.

However I do have some concerns

- The setting while cool might have some limitations from a level design/perspective. The rooms and corridors can blend together so even in the small demo area I was finding myself often turned around and confused as to where exactly I was. There's also no in-game map on your person that you can pull out at anytime (there's only a map in the generator room which is basically like your hub). This is probably deliberate to increase the intensity when you have to run and hide from the monster, but I still don't like the idea of getting lost especially as more areas are opened up. 

- I don't think its quite as dynamic as they're making it out to be. For example, one of the tool tips they give you is literally 'if you think something is possible then it probably is' so since my objective was to basically open a locked door made out of chain links, one of the first things I tried was simply dragging an explosive barrel to the door and then blowing it up with my pistol to get through........but the door was completely unaffected  :ben: Opening that door the normal way ends the demo, so maybe there's a chance they deliberately made it static so that people would be forced to see the entire demo and not try to shortcut their way through it.

16 minutes ago, Remij said:

This is off topic, but @Twinblade but did you ever play Song of Horror?  It's on sale on Steam right now.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1096570/SONG_OF_HORROR_COMPLETE_EDITION/

I don't think I ever played it.. but it looks like a decent classic RE / Silent Hill inspired game.

I pondered for a while about that game but I never checked it out. I think the idea of the AI director basically generating all the scares and stuff made it less appealing to me.

• Like 1