Rumor: MGS3 Remake being shown soon at PlayStation Showcase. Also deals for exclusivity for MGS, Silent Hill, and possibly new Castlevania

This is actually a pretty great example of how to throw money to create things that actually end up being a benefit to people.

The current status quo of Konami is that there's NO GAMES coming from dead. They've stopped. They're just sitting on un-used IPs.

Sony is spending money to create remakes of well-liked games, and maybe even creating new sequels to those IPs, Konami gets money for basically doing nothing but approving this, and Sony is using their studios that can remake games.

This is very similar to what Nintendo did by working with Sega to resurrect the Bayonetta IP.

This is why Microsoft and Phil Spencer are fucking morons who don't get it.

$70 BILLION dollars changes hands.............for what? So that the company logo in the bottom right corner of the box is changed?

What do we gain from $70 billion dollars changing hands?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

MGS3 was the weakest MGS entry.

Give me a MGS2 full on  current remake and I'll shit myself.

Nah. Mgs3 had significantly better boss fights than 2. Subsistence made it play better too. 

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Nah. Mgs3 had significantly better boss fights than 2. Subsistence made it play better too. 

MGS3 makes the most sense to remake as well since it’s the earliest in the timeline. 

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, Ike said:

MGS3 makes the most sense to remake as well since it’s the earliest in the timeline. 

MGS3 Subsistence aged the best out of the original trilogy though. 

MGS1 and MGS2 would benefit more from a remake, imo. 

Personally I don't care much. I like those games has they are and still own them, I'm in no rush to play a non Kojima MGS remake. 

• Upvote 2

Poor lemshits.

I knew this would happen once Sony got their stock issues sorted with the PS5.

Sony is now leveraging their ridiculous market share and popularity in Japan to exclusives from Japanese publishers and studios. It also doesn't help that lemshits don't buy games and basically wait for everything to go to LamePass. Japanese devs especially are watching their games not sell on Xbox and looking at monstrous sales for their games on PS5 and just choosing to skip Xbox.

11 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Poor lemshits.

I knew this would happen once Sony got their stock issues sorted with the PS5.

Sony is now leveraging their ridiculous market share and popularity in Japan to exclusives from Japanese publishers and studios. It also doesn't help that lemshits don't buy games and basically wait for everything to go to LamePass. Japanese devs especially are watching their games not sell on Xbox and looking at monstrous sales for their games on PS5 and just choosing to skip Xbox.

Plus MS doesn't do these kind of deals anymore it's all about gamepass. The days of moneybatted Tales of Vesperia or GTA episodes are long gone.

• Upvote 1