God of War art director can’t stand having to work on rehash after rehash, ditches Sony for Netflix (TCHBFR!!!!!)

Even though GOW looked like a PS4 game, TCHBR. Lots of people starting to leave Sonys studios after being forced to work on rehash after rehash. TLOU MP being all but canned, Sonys weak ass Showcase.. yikes, not a good time to be a Cow. No wonder @FIREPOWER left, I’d leave too LMAO!

sony-fanboy.gif

Edited by Tears of the Cows

“Today is my last day at Sony after over a decade of being a part of this incredible journey,” Grassetti said in a tweet. “It’s bittersweet, but above all, I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the countless opportunities I’ve been fortunate to have.”

He continued, “Sony has been my second home, and I’m immensely grateful to be involved so deeply with God of War. The skills I’ve learned, and the deep connections I’ve formed with incredible people will stay with me forever.

“A special thanks to the amazing Cory Barlog, Eric Williams, Yumi Yang, Scott Rohde for believing in me, and the entire Santa Monica Studio family for the support. Sony has played an integral role in shaping my career, and I will forever hold dear the memories and experiences.

“I am extremely confident in the studio’s continued success, and I hope we can create together again in the future. I will share more news on what’s next for me next week.”

- Raf Grassetti

2 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Professional talk for get me the fuck out of here, LOL. 

Doubtful. Could be more pay from Netflix more than anything... also he's going to work with Joseph Staten who worked on Halo Infinite. No one wants to work with this dude. :mj: 

Just now, lynux3 said:

Doubtful. Could be more pay from Netflix more than anything... also he's going to work with Joseph Staten who worked on Halo Infinite. No one wants to work with this dude. :mj: 

He literally said in his tweet he can’t wait to work with him :bena:

Just now, Tears of the Cows said:

He literally said in his tweet he can’t wait to work with him :bena:

Professional talk for, "fuck 🤦‍♂️, at least I'm getting paid more :woo:". The dude was the lead writer for Re6ore and Crackdown 3: Power of the Cloud Good Enough for ShamePass Edition. He then left Bungie after working on Halo for years and putting a hand in Destiny to "pursue new creative challenges"... just to work on more Halo with Halo Finite at 343i; a massive ShamePass fodder FLOP :flop:. :mj: 

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Professional talk for, "fuck 🤦‍♂️, at least I'm getting paid more :woo:". The dude was the lead writer for Re6ore and Crackdown 3: Power of the Cloud Good Enough for ShamePass Edition. He then left Bungie after working on Halo for years and putting a hand in Destiny to "pursue new creative challenges"... just to work on more Halo with Halo Finite at 343i; a massive ShamePass fodder FLOP :flop:. :mj: 

And it scored higher than 90% of PS exclusives :tom:

After a couple of these big games creative people typically want to move on and do other things.  When you're of a high enough profile, you can make a lot more money, and companies like Netflix, Amazon, and Comcast can bully their way into gaming because they're big enough.

Ironic part of this thread is he's joining Joseph Staten and Jerry Edsell who both left Xbox to do this :ben:

But on a serious note, pretty decent team Netflix has got here but still have practically zero expectations for this. Don't know why but these have rarely turned out good in the past. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Ironic part of this thread is he's joining Joseph Staten and Jerry Edsell who both left Xbox to do this :ben:

But on a serious note, pretty decent team Netflix has got here but still have practically zero expectations for this. Don't know why but these have rarely turned out good in the past. 

The Initiative comes to mind.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

After a couple of these big games creative people typically want to move on and do other things.  When you're of a high enough profile, you can make a lot more money, and companies like Netflix, Amazon, and Comcast can bully their way into gaming because they're big enough.

I fully support this kind of thing. Imagine if Kojima had never left Konami. We would have never gotten Death Stranding.