Capcom's been doing pretty well lately, haven't they..

Got to admit, they've been on quite the roll lately.  Their releases have all been scoring well, selling well... seems like they've really found their groove with getting out high quality games at a regular cadence, and to back it all up they have their own proprietary engine which runs extremely well on everything. Good stuff for sure. Some people wont necessarily agree with that though.. and would say they're wasting too much time remaking games.

The reality though is that:

-Monster Hunter is firing on all cylinders, "World 2" will be absolutely massive for them and is an obvious next step for the franchise.

-Resident Evil Remakes continue to score and sell extremely well.  RE4R was great, and Capcom are asking people right now in a survey which other RE games they want remade.

-Street Fighter 6 has scored extremely well and is being accepted very well by the fighting game community and fans all over.  This game should sell very well too.

-Dragon's Dogma 2 is coming and looks great!

-They aren't afraid to try new stupid ideas with smaller titles like Exo-primal, RE:Verse

-Getting remasters of older games like Ghost Trick and the Ace Attorney series.

-They've put out some new classic inspired games in classic series like Ghosts n Goblins, and Mega Man.

There's also other IPs that they have the opportunity to explore which could be big.  Lots of people would love to see a Dino Crisis Remake, and they also have a little series called Lost Planet which was pretty awesome, and could be a perfect IP to reboot.

So yea, it looks like all their series and teams are back on track.  Coming this far from where they were during the slump of the PS3/360 generation... it's quite an amazing turn around and should be commended. :whew: 

• Upvote 1

Still no where as good as Capcom in it's prime. Too much reliance on Resident Evil and Monster Hunter. One Street Fighter per gen, one Marvel per gen. This shit gets old.

Dragon Dogma 2 is a nice surprise though and a step in the right direction. They have to try to revive some of their old IPs. I want to see Dino Crisis instead of always RE, I want to see a new Darkstalkers instead of Marvel. And a new Okami, not another Monster Hunter. Give us something, anything. 

You don't realize how big of a step up Street Fighter 6 is until you compare the character models side by side with SF5 :D

(or maybe SF5 just looks far worse than I remember it looking lol)

SF6-vs-SF5-1038x576.jpg

Edited by Remij
37 minutes ago, Remij said:

You don't realize how big of a step up Street Fighter 6 is until you compare the character models side by side with SF5 :D

SF6-vs-SF5-1038x576.jpg

His cleavage is better in SF6 no question

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, Remij said:

SF6-vs-SF5-1038x576.jpg

It is a huge step up. 

V looked good when it released but now it looks atrocious.