[VG History Foundation] 87% of games released in the US before 2010 are no longer purchasable

Absolute nonsense. There's isn't a single game I can't find and only select titles become too pricey for the average person. It's not like those games are expensive because they're good anyway. 

No one should pay 1200$ to play boring piece of trash like Kuon. No one bought that title when it came out and that's the only reason it's pricey, it's just a rare game that was shipped in low quantities and is only now getting recognition because people didn't know From Soft until they started releasing the same game every two years. Otherwise it would be within affordable range. Hell, 1200$ isn't that bad. 

PS3/360 games that came out before 2010 in general aren't worth shit. 5$-10$ per game unless a sought after collector game. Even then, they're priced around the same as a new game coming out now, not unpurchasable by any stretch of the imagination.

The rarest games are all NES, SNES, N64, Saturn and longbox PS1? Why? Because the package was flimsy, weak and broke down easily, so finding complete-in-box in a great condition is rare as fuck. It's normal. This will never happen with PS3, PS4 or PS5 games because they now use more solid plastic packaging like DVDs. 

You can easily find cartridges for any of those platforms or discs quite easily and cost next to nothing. NES games are like 10$ and they're as old as I am. 

What proactive and speculating collectors should look for are digital only games that gets a limited physical release. Those are good, because eventually all the old consoles stores will be shut down once the revenue stream is smaller than what it cost to keep offering the service.

You'll have tons of games that will disappear in the digital realm forever. And most of them are too insignificant to get a rerelease. We've seen this happen many times already. Hell, that's pretty much the only reason why those fuckers at Limited Run Games exist. Terrible company though. 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

:drake:the pathetic pc gamer's argument.

That's one of the best post edit I ever seen. Lmao.

But the worst part of emulation is not the fact they aren't paying, is that it's usually a buggy mess and a worse experience all around. It fucking sucks and it's such a headache to setup properly in most cases. It's not worth it unless you're fucking nerd. 

There's always one section in the game where some unexpected problem arise. It's fucking terrible. I still can't get some PS1 games to play properly to this day. Valkyrie Profile is a fucking bitch. Chrono Cross framerates is like it's on crack. A few ones works really well and are much better though but still, fuck that shit. I have a better time playing them on the old hardware, at least it's the authentic experience. 

8 hours ago, jehurey said:

:drake:the pathetic pc gamer's argument.

Says the hypocritical piece of shit who admitted to stealing PC and Meta VR games.  Shut the fuck up clown... your pathetic bitch ass gets owned every single time.  Not everyone is like you. :drake:

3 hours ago, Remij said:

Says the hypocritical piece of shit who admitted to stealing PC and Meta VR games.  Shut the fuck up clown... your pathetic bitch ass gets owned every single time.  Not everyone is like you. :drake:

Go cry somewhere else bitch.

The difference between me and you is that I don't try to avoid the word "stealing"

I'm stealing from a dead platform, that's DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

But at least I bought the hardware.

you guys are begging for GameCube games more than you beg for VR games , to play on another platform entirely

Hence you're stealing, completely.

And I don't try to assign myself a "noble cause" like you losers do. :drake:

Go cry somewhere else, bitch.

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

Go cry somewhere else bitch.

The difference between me and you is that I don't try to avoid the word "stealing"

I'm stealing from a dead platform, that's DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

But at least I bought the hardware.

you guys are begging for GameCube games more than you beg for VR games , to play on another platform entirely

Hence you're stealing, completely.

And I don't try to assign myself a "noble cause" like you losers do. :drake:

Go cry somewhere else, bitch.

Yea, the difference is that I don't steal games... that's what I don't use the word, fucking moron :drake: 

Jesus christ this clown actually thought he had something :lawl: 

2 hours ago, Remij said:

Yea, the difference is that I don't steal games...

yes, you clearly do.

which makes you a liar.

You've literally told us of the roms that you have, and no...........too late to try and pretend that you have them as backup and have the physical copies.

The irony, considering how much of a fakeboy you are, and have been hiding consoles that you do own from this forum.:lawl:

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yes, you clearly do.

which makes you a liar.

You've literally told us of the roms that you have, and no...........too late to try and pretend that you have them as backup and have the physical copies.

The irony, considering how much of a fakeboy you are, and have been hiding consoles that you do own from this forum.:lawl:

More absolute bullshit spewing from your mouth :tom: 

I don't steal games Jerky... and I don't own a PS5 either.

You however DO steal games... and that makes you an absolute fucking hypocrite :hest: 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

More absolute bullshit spewing from your mouth :tom: 

I don't steal games Jerky... and I don't own a PS5 either.

You however DO steal games... and that makes you an absolute fucking hypocrite :hest: 

No, you steal games. You've already talked about GC/Wii and even Wii U games that you could load up on your computer at any time.

you don't own these games.

so..........you've stolen games. plain and simple.

you're a fakeboy..........you don't have credibility

you calling me a liar is about as empty and fruitless as PCVR's upcoming AAA development schedule.:tom:

19 hours ago, Ramza said:

That's one of the best post edit I ever seen. Lmao.

But the worst part of emulation is not the fact they aren't paying, is that it's usually a buggy mess and a worse experience all around. It fucking sucks and it's such a headache to setup properly in most cases. It's not worth it unless you're fucking nerd. 

There's always one section in the game where some unexpected problem arise. It's fucking terrible. I still can't get some PS1 games to play properly to this day. Valkyrie Profile is a fucking bitch. Chrono Cross framerates is like it's on crack. A few ones works really well and are much better though but still, fuck that shit. I have a better time playing them on the old hardware, at least it's the authentic experience. 

That's because these PC gamers who boast about emulation, don't actually sit down and play the games entirely on their PC.

They just fiddle around with it for 40 minutes, take a screen shot, and say how superior it is.

The problem I see here is a business problem.

Movies have already developed a business solution to this. There are companies who buy the rights to movies, and remaster them, and sell new products, and everybody makes money.

Criterion finds select older movies.

Kino Lorber Publishing specializes in speghetti western classics.

Arrow Video specializes in older horror and shlocky exploitation and foreign films.

Shout/Scream Factory, well its obvious what they specialize in.

So why isn't there any comparable companies like that in the video game space?

Its mostly just Limited Run Games, right?

The real issue is somebody trying to go to Japan and find the rights-holders for alot of old Japanese games, and doing deals to license those games.

But these PC gamers..........they're just plain ol' thieves. If you found these obscure japanese games, and made the effort to convert them to run on Win-64 bit with a proper menu and controller support, and simply sold it for $9.99 on steam.........they wouldn't buy it.

87% of games aren't available for sale today for a reason.