Resident Evil series rumors are starting to come out

Apparently the protagonist of RE9 is going to be Leon.. and it sounds like he might be the player character for the entire game.

There's also a rumor that RE1 is being Remade again, but this time with the REX engine and is possibly going to release in 2026.

These two rumors come from reputable leakers out there, but remains to be seen in they are true or not.  I can believe it, because Dusk Golem basically said there are like 5 RE games in development currently..

You know I'm sure some people will have their opinions about them, remaking RE1 again... but fuck it.. as long as they are releasing actual sequels and other games like Monster Hunter, and whatever else Capcom has coming... I honestly don't mind at all.  I personally hope that Code Veronica is getting a remake, as I think that game is ripe for an update.. but I'd push all that back to have Dino Crisis remake come out sooner.

They'll remake everything they can to avoid having to deal with the bs that will come with remaking RE5 lol 

Hope RE9 is still first person. Not sure if makes much sense for Leon to be the main character the entire game but that's fine. I just like the way the core RE series is shaping up to be also a set of 3 distinctive trilogies stylistically and hope that RE9 continues that and then REX can be the next big evolution.

13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

They'll remake everything they can to avoid having to deal with the bs that will come with remaking RE5 lol 

Hope RE9 is still first person. Not sure if makes much sense for Leon to be the main character the entire game but that's fine. I just like the way the core RE series is shaping up to be also a set of 3 distinctive trilogies stylistically and hope that RE9 continues that and then REX can be the next big evolution.

Yea.  Really though, I hope they do remake RE5 and 6 and honestly just change them up to be more in line with the rest of the main series.  Don't make them 'co-op action games'... bring them to the same style of survival horror that they have going with the rest of the remakes, and don't worry about what people think regarding where the games take place.  This is a game that takes place in Africa.. obviously you're going to be killing African people there... just like you're killing Spanish people from Spain in RE4.  Don't get me wrong, I understand the criticism the game has gotten, but just be real about it and do it in a respectful way and it shouldn't be an issue.

I personally want RE9 to be in 3rd person like the remakes.  I feel like the first person thing worked great for Ethan and his character and story arc.. but that's apparently done with now, so they should just move on to the superior format for RE games, or maybe allow you to switch between them at will, something like MGS2 and 3 when aiming.  Also, I think it's time we have some new protagonists in RE and 10 could be a perfect starting point for those characters.

26 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

It's time for CV.

Yep, definitely the one I'm waiting for as far as RE goes.  It's the only main RE game that's not on PC officially in any capacity lol.

What I also want is a Classic Trilogy release with RE1, RE2, and RE3 on modern platforms.  That's easy money just sitting on the table for Capcom because I know a lot of people want that.

15 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea.  Really though, I hope they do remake RE5 and 6 and honestly just change them up to be more in line with the rest of the main series.  Don't make them 'co-op action games'... bring them to the same style of survival horror that they have going with the rest of the remakes, and don't worry about what people think regarding where the games take place.  This is a game that takes place in Africa.. obviously you're going to be killing African people there... just like you're killing Spanish people from Spain in RE4.  Don't get me wrong, I understand the criticism the game has gotten, but just be real about it and do it in a respectful way and it shouldn't be an issue.

I personally want RE9 to be in 3rd person like the remakes.  I feel like the first person thing worked great for Ethan and his character and story arc.. but that's apparently done with now, so they should just move on to the superior format for RE games, or maybe allow you to switch between them at will, something like MGS2 and 3 when aiming.  Also, I think it's time we have some new protagonists in RE and 10 could be a perfect starting point for those characters.

Yeah I agree, I actually think that when they are remade (RE5/6) they will actually be looked up on more favourably then when they were released. They are fine games, just maybe not what people wanted back then. 

The racial RE5 issues are ridiculous, always were. Hopefully Capcom ignore it all and just do their own thing in their own Japanese way. 

Yeah I get that. Probably just my obsession with wanting full circle things lol But I have also really enjoyed the first person REs, possibly because they have been accompanied by the usual 3rd person RE games with the Remakes. 

• Upvote 1