Ass Creed Shadows officially announced - Set in Feudal Japan

I would be mildly interested if I hadn't already played Rise of The Ronin and already know exactly what this game will be. This should have come out earlier especially since people have been asking for it for years.

Posted (edited)

lmfao what a clusterfuck of a trailer.

Set in Feudal Japan, shows an African guy. ROFL

EDIT: They are fucking roasting the trailer in the comments, deservingly so.

Edited by MalaXmaS
Posted (edited)

Fuck I keep forgetting to put that last one eBay. What a piece of shit that was. 

edit: the top comment:

The most heroic thing about this trailer is that they left the comments open.

:drake:

Edited by Cell
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, Nightshade79 said:

Why is he black? Don’t all the black/white weeb-cows want to play as a Japanese samurai? 

It’s Low Tom’s dream game.

On 2024-05-15 at 4:32 PM, Twinblade said:

I would be mildly interested if I hadn't already played Rise of The Ronin and already know exactly what this game will be. This should have come out earlier especially since people have been asking for it for years.

It's already a loss as it won't be as good as Ghost of Tsushima. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

It's already a loss as it won't be as good as Ghost of Tsushima. 

Genuine question, as a black dude how do you feel about it when companies cast characters like this?

32 minutes ago, Cell said:

Genuine question, as a black dude how do you feel about it when companies cast characters like this?

Funny you asked. I found out about this game last night when the usual Twitter racist were up in arms about the game. My girlfriend who loves AC and is white was supper excited about it, I was not.

At the end of the day the most vocal and upset people about stuff like this are racist, sexist, and homophobic people who want to feel outraged about something and it ends up being people of color, women, and gay people that are blamed when we had nothing to do with this and catch strays over it. 

So the guys actually based on a historical character so it's not like they made up a black guy in Japan, but it's obvious that they went out of their way to make the character black as they could use any of the Japanese eras with real characters as well. 

To play devils advocate about it it does stand out in all of the recent Samurai games that are hitting shelves after the success of ghost of Tsushima. 

• Thanks 1

He's a real character, and has tons of potential for a cool story..   This is exactly the type of thing that should be encouraged instead of swapping races/genders of established characters for the hell of it.

I have a good feeling about this game.

Posted (edited)

I love the white guys online who are trying to act offended on behalf of not japanese........but specifically on behalf of japanese males.

because there is an japanese lead character, but its a woman.

So there are imbeciles trying to say that japanese men are not being represented in games.

and when you point to Yakuza, Like a Dragon, Rise of Ronin......they then have to modify their complaint to "japanese men are not being represented in games made by WESTERN DEVELOPERS." :hest:

....and then you point out that the single best type of AAA action game that has come out in the past few years is Ghost of Tsushima, which has a fantastic main protagonist, fantastic and interesting main antogonist, and pretty well developed Father, Uncle, long-time best friend, and several other jepense and asian males in the game, and was made by a top-tier Sony developer from Washington State..........then these guys basically have no reason to whine, whatsoever.:tom:

Edited by jehurey
4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I love the white guys online who are trying to act offended on behalf of not japanese........but specifically on behalf of japanese males.

because there is an japanese lead character, but its a woman.

So there are imbeciles trying to say that japanese men are not being represented in games.

and when you point to Yakuza, Like a Dragon, Rise of Ronin......they then have to modify their complaint to "japanese men are not being represented in games made by WESTERN DEVELOPERS." :hest:

....and then you point out that the single best type of AAA action game that has come out in the past few years is Ghost of Tsushima, which has a fantastic main protagonist, fantastic and interesting main antogonist, and pretty well developed Father, Uncle, long-time best friend, and several other jepense and asian males in the game, and was made by a top-tier Sony developer from Washington State..........then these guys basically have no reason to whine, whatsoever.:tom:

I hate to rain on your parade but if you look up what japanese players themselves think of this character you'll find that their opinions are generally pretty negative.

Just now, Twinblade said:

I hate to rain on your parade but if you look up what japanese players themselves think of this character you'll find that their opinions are generally pretty negative.

To be fair, we see how the Japanese have represented their black characters. This is kind of a moot point. I would actually agree if their wasn't an abundance of Japanese representation in the edo era and already. 

Posted (edited)

Will probably follow the same tired SonySoft template. Cant really be excited for that. (looks better than GOT tho)

Edited by JonDnD
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Ah...............so you'll help women and minorities help voice their complaints when they feel like they aren't properly represented?

You're saying you're going to help amiplify their message, like you're doing here on behalf of those poor japanese men?

Edited by jehurey
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

That's not what I've seen.  Yasuke is a very well known figure in Japan that has been in numerous Japanese games, movies, books etc. 

3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

That's not what I've seen.  Yasuke is a very well known figure in Japan that has been in numerous Japanese games, movies, books etc. 

Whats funny is how many Asian themed productions have starred white characters who wound up in Asia and none of the Hitler youth of gaming and movies ever have a problem with it.