Ass Creed Shadows officially announced - Set in Feudal Japan

22 hours ago, David P said:

Nobody cares.

He is a black guy in a feuda Japan game.

Done by Ubisoft nonetheless. They won't get nearly remotely close to what the original intent was.

For further proof, look at their clusterfuck rendition of Bolivia in Ghost Recon Wildlands. 

Ubisoft has very little clue about the subject they portray in their videogames.

43 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Nobody cares.

Done by Ubisoft nonetheless. They won't get nearly remotely close to what the original intent was.

For further proof, look at their clusterfuck rendition of Bolivia in Ghost Recon Wildlands. 

Ubisoft has very little clue about the subject they portray in their videogames.

did you come to the forums to whine about how they treated bolivia?

No, you didn't right?

So...........that's exactly how you should be acting when it comes to this, right? Or else, you'd look like a hypocrite, right?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, jehurey said:

did you come to the forums to whine about how they treated bolivia?

No, you didn't right?

So...........that's exactly how you should be acting when it comes to this, right? Or else, you'd look like a hypocrite, right?

I did complain at several forums about Ubisoft getting Bolivia so wrong and so do gamers worldwide.

Gamers are not stupid like you.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/460930/discussions/0/1729828401665357605/

Edited by MalaXmaS
6 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

Nobody cares.

Everyone was sucking Shogun's dick about white people in Japan. Shows like Marco Polo, movies like The Last Samurai, dances with wolves, Pocahontas all use the white savior trope reactionary retards never complain about. 

There's was an Anime just a couple of years ago about this character as well as Mangas and such. Fantasy media is usually about the exceptions, not the rule. The one few Hobbits that are brave enough to travel the world and risk danger or small village that is able to take on an army of bandits or outlaws. 

Overall, Japan will be fine. It has plenty of representation in gaming. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Everyone was sucking Shogun's dick about white people in Japan. Shows like Marco Polo, movies like The Last Samurai, dances with wolves, Pocahontas all use the white savior trope reactionary retards never complain about. 

There's was an Anime just a couple of years ago about this character as well as Mangas and such. Fantasy media is usually about the exceptions, not the rule. The one few Hobbits that are brave enough to travel the world and risk danger or small village that is able to take on an army of bandits or outlaws. 

Overall, Japan will be fine. It has plenty of representation in gaming. 

The Japanese don't even like this.

If it had been done by a proper developer that will take its care to correctly portray the feeling of having an African in Feudal Japan , it would have been a hit. The only developer that can pull this off flawlessly is Kojima Studios.

However, this new GOT clone is being done by Ubisoft, one of the worst developers from the industry.

These guys get everything regarding the theme wrong. Having an African character and Japanese girl in a game about Japanese Samurais is the perfect clusterfuck reaction they are all looking for.

Trust me, they will get the game wrong, and typical Ubisoft, it will be full of fetch quests, like in all of their Asscreed games.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Wait the new ass creed game has a black samurai ninja? How fucking stupid is that. Couldn't they actually save that for a game set in Africa.

Ass creed has already been set in Africa. 

When the game was set in Africa, the protagonist was white. 

Im sure you were outaged. 

Edited by Goukosan
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

The Japanese don't even like this.

If it had been done by a proper developer that will take its care to correctly portray the feeling of having an African in Feudal Japan , it would have been a hit. The only developer that can pull this off flawlessly is Kojima Studios.

However, this new GOT clone is being done by Ubisoft, one of the worst developers from the industry.

These guys get everything regarding the theme wrong. Having an African character and Japanese girl in a game about Japanese Samurais is the perfect clusterfuck reaction they are all looking for.

Trust me, they will get the game wrong, and typical Ubisoft, it will be full of fetch quests, like in all of their Asscreed games.

Lmfao am I supposed to care how they feel? If the game was set in Africa and every character looked like a sambo gorilla face no on in japan would feel offended and play it with no issues. 

I like how you're moving the goal post to them not properly portraying what life would be like for an African in feudal Japan. Despite the fact you haven't played the game or even know what that would be like for reference.

I assume there would have been a lot of racism and scandal. And putting that in the game would make all of the people already upset about this even more upset, including the Japanese. This is why normal people can't take reactionary people seriously. Y'all will always find something to be upset about. It's a fools errand. 

Then you finish off about the redundancy of AC games as if anyone in 2024 is expecting an evolutionary leap in the game mechanics. Again, you guys get upset first, then spend all of your time reverse engineering justifications as to why you're upset. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Ass creed has already been set in Africa. 

When the game was set in Africa, the protagonist was white. 

Im sure you were outaged. 

Lmfao Aza has spent 12 hours a day looking up as much videogame information as humanly possible for 23 years and didn't know this. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
4 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lmfao am I supposed to care how they feel? If the game was set in Africa and every character looked like a sambo gorilla face no on in japan would feel offended and play it with no issues. 

I like how you're moving the goal post to them not properly portraying what life would be like for an African in feudal Japan. Despite the fact you haven't played the game or even know what that would be like for reference.

I assume there would have been a lot of racism and scandal. And putting that in the game would make all of the people already upset about this even more upset, including the Japanese. This is why normal people can't take reactionary people seriously. Y'all will always find something to be upset about. It's a fools errand. 

Then you finish off about the redundancy of AC games as if anyone in 2024 is expecting an evolutionary leap in the game mechanics. Again, you guys get upset first reaction, then spend all of your time reverse engineering why you're upset. 

But here's the thing, Japanese people aren't upset by this. 

Yasuke is a very well known figure in Japan that has been in numerous Japanese games, movies, books etc. 

He was most recently in NIOH, you know that Japanese centric game with a white protagonist. A game non of these cry babies cried about. Yusake was in it as a Japanese villain... That was cool with them I guess. 

But him being one of the protagonist? Naah that's taking it too far... Lol

Malacries need to focus on more important things. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Then you finish off about the redundancy of AC games as if anyone in 2024 is expecting an evolutionary leap in the game mechanics. Again, you guys get upset first, then spend all of your time reverse engineering justifications as to why you're upset. 

I haven't played the game, but I have played most of the Ubisoft games and they are piss poorly researched. This is why I brought Ghost Recon Wildlands, set in Bolivia where every inhabitant there speaks with a Mexican accent.

The reason people are getting upset is because in a game of Japanese Samurais during feudal Japan, it couldn't be of a greater idea for the bright minds at Ubisoft to have both an African and a woman as their main protagonists.

We all know why they are doing it, and it most likely will fail.

And if there is something that Ubisoft sucks terribly is at storytelling.

3 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

I haven't played the game, but I have played most of the Ubisoft games and they are piss poorly researched. This is why I brought Ghost Recon Wildlands, set in Bolivia where every inhabitant there speaks with a Mexican accent.

The reason people are getting upset is because in a game of Japanese Samurais during feudal Japan, it couldn't be of a greater idea for the bright minds at Ubisoft to have both an African and a woman as their main protagonists.

We all know why they are doing it, and it most likely will fail.

And if there is something that Ubisoft sucks terribly is at storytelling.

This is why dealing with reactionary people is pointless. You have two main characters that cover both genders, and has Japanese and African representation. All quadrons are covered.

But, no. There isn't a Japanese male main character now. At this point they might as well make a white character too so they don't upset aggrieved white guys. Now you have four characters they have to write a story for. Further watering down their product. The game thing supposed gamers claim they hate. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

This is why dealing with reactionary people is pointless. You have two main characters that cover both genders, and has Japanese and African representation. All quadrons are covered.

But, no. There isn't a Japanese male main character now. At this point they might as well make a white character too so they don't upset aggrieved white guys. Now you have four characters they have to write a story for. Further watering down their product. The game thing supposed gamers claim they hate. 

Also they said they will be doing chapter dlc.

Gane is going to bomb so hard. 

2 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

Also they said they will be doing chapter dlc.

Gane is going to bomb so hard. 

You've gone from "why is there a black character?" to complaining about the existence of DLC. 

Just now, Mr. Impossible said:

You've gone from "why is there a black character?" to complaining about the existence of DLC. 

I just don't have faith in Ubisoft at all.