Hellblade 2 review embargo is set for an hour before release.

Now what do we think that means. :bena:

Surely 7 years to make this 4 hour long tunnel walking simulator will pay off?

Lems are due a win. :banderoos: 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hoping for pity points lol  Got to try do any form of marketing themselves since MS hardly know the game exists 

Still should not be even close to that far down the list.  It's seriously concerning.  MS has completely failed this game, the studio, and the IP.   Either people really seriously don't give

Real talk though Microsoft's marketing in general is abysmal, and has been for a very long time. I see Nintendo and PlayStation commercials multiple times per day, and absolutely nothing for Xbox.

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

Personally don't think it really means anything. 

What's more worrying that any of that... is where it ranks on Steam's Global Top Sellers list considering it releases in a couple days... It's currently #102 

:deadest:

It's actually embarrassing how little, and pathetically, MS has pushed and marketed this game.  Just fucking close the studio right now if you're not going to support them ffs...  I'm actually kinda pissed at MS about this game, because the IP is great, the character is good, there's tons of awesome marketing they could have done with this game..

It's going to bomb big time judging by where it is on the Steam charts right now.. reviews don't even matter at this point. 

Edited by Remij
44 minutes ago, Remij said:

Personally don't think it really means anything. 

What's more worrying that any of that... is where it ranks on Steam's Global Top Sellers list considering it releases in a couple days... It's currently #102 

:deadest:

It's actually embarrassing how little, and pathetically, MS has pushed and marketed this game.  Just fucking close the studio right now if you're not going to support them ffs...  I'm actually kinda pissed at MS about this game, because the IP is great, the character is good, there's tons of awesome marketing they could have done with this game..

It's going to bomb big time judging by where it is on the Steam charts right now.. reviews don't even matter at this point. 

Thats the thing its on GP so I don't really see it being a top seller anywhere.

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thats the thing its on GP so I don't really see it being a top seller anywhere.

Still should not be even close to that far down the list.  It's seriously concerning.  MS has completely failed this game, the studio, and the IP.

Either people really seriously don't give a shit about it..... or it's the literal non-existent marketing, and the trailers for the game not really revealing anything interesting about the game at all.

• Upvote 1

Real talk though Microsoft's marketing in general is abysmal, and has been for a very long time. I see Nintendo and PlayStation commercials multiple times per day, and absolutely nothing for Xbox.

• Like 1

The game launches in less than 24h and it's #59 on Steam's Global Top Sellers list.

Man, I honestly can't believe it.  I mean, I'm sure the game will have a higher than average GamePass to Sales ratio because it's supposedly a short game and many people wont see the value in it.. but damn.  It's just so clear that MS failed this game.. and I think secretly the developers behind it are pissed about it.  They basically know their game has been sent out to die.  I mean, it must suck knowing that your game, which MS used to announce the fucking platform, releases in less than 1 day and there's people out there who are just finding out... Their big marketing push was a few tweets and rehashed trailers of footage we've already seen before... as well as a few banners on some sites... 

I think the game will review fine, but it wont matter.  The damage has already been done.. people aren't going to suddenly start caring about this game, or even the IP now.  It had a lot of promise, and it was squandered. :shake: 

Posted (edited)

A good game will be played by people. Marketing doesn’t matter all that much. If it gets good scores, that will be the marketing I guess lol. If it doesn’t, I guess that’s why MS chose not to. 

Edited by Tears of the Cows
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Remij said:

Launch trailer just dropped

That's pretty bad. The graphics look fine but this trailer is just one terrible out of place song and random snippets with no attempt to set up what we're looking at. No voice over, no sound mixing, no text? It's the laziest attempt possible. 

Not saying this reflects the game quality but it definitely shows little to no care put in to promoting the game. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
  • Like 1

That trailer was zzzz. I hope it is surprisingly good, but nothing about it wows me. The novelty of the first’s incredible sound design has worn off, leaving a walking simulator with occasional, awful combat. If the combat plays a bigger role, hopefully it’s not clunky. I’m hoping for a AA-quality game, but I’m expecting a 5 or a 6 experience. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

That trailer was zzzz. I hope it is surprisingly good, but nothing about it wows me. The novelty of the first’s incredible sound design has worn off, leaving a walking simulator with occasional, awful combat. If the combat plays a bigger role, hopefully it’s not clunky. I’m hoping for a AA-quality game, but I’m expecting a 5 or a 6 experience. 

yeah the trailer is just slow motion shots of her walking in a line or swinging a sword. It doesn’t really show anything at all.

I think the game will be worth playing for the visuals but as whole I don’t think it will leave much of an impression.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

yeah the trailer is just slow motion shots of her walking in a line or swinging a sword. It doesn’t really show anything at all.

I think the game will be worth playing for the visuals but as whole I don’t think it will leave much of an impression.

yeah, for a month of GP, it's worth checking out and giving it my own opinion, since i don't really trust reviews.

• Upvote 1
Posted (edited)

Ninja Theory are gonna get shut down. 7 years to make a 4 hour walking simulator and they are charging $50 for it. The game’s ranking on Steam is abysmal so we already know it’s not gonna sell and as we’ve seen from Tango’s closure ShitPass metrics mean nothing to MS.

:luff: TLHBFR! They spent years making fun of Sony’s “movie games” and MS gave them the ultimate movie game walking simulator that can be beat in the time it takes to watch a feature length film, LMAO.

Edited by FIREPOWER