Hellblade 2 reviews (Meta - 81, 6/10, IGN - 8/10)

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hellflop 2, TLHBFAssRaped!!!!!!   7 years in the making, 5 years of hyping for this 6/10 flop       STFU, you imbecile. It's an absolute disaster for you lemshits. This is t

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Always a good sign when a PC game auto defaults to low settings on your computer :ben: 

Its demanding for sure lol. 

Damn, graphics are unreal on series x. Interesting you can go into photo mode on cutscenes too, and freely move the camera. I wonder if the games limitations are due to the graphics or if they could whip out a linear style game with a little open world elements and other physics in it while still maintaining this level of quality. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Remij said:

Game is running incredibly well for me.  No Unreal Engine stuttering at all so far in this game :smoke: 

It does run good. Only have a few small stutters here and there probably streaming in or auto saving saving.

And just like that, the game that nobody will play is being played by half the forum if not more LOL

1 minute ago, JonDnD said:

It does run good. Only have a few small stutters here and there probably streaming in or auto saving saving.

Yeah, I had one stutter when I think it autosaved moving between areas.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Damn, graphics are unreal on series x. Interesting you can go into photo mode on cutscenes too, and freely move the camera. I wonder if the games limitations are due to the graphics or if they could whip out a linear style game with a little open world elements and other physics in it while still maintaining this level of quality. 

Yea, the photomode in this game is quite possibly one of the best I've ever seen.  Cutscenes or whatever, you can freely move the camera around and add lighting and rotate/move the characters.  It's crazy in depth.  Probably more depth than the actual gameplay :D 

Edited by Remij

Are you playing this at 4k? Im averaging around 80-90fps but there were a couple times it dipped under 60 at 1440p with DLSSQ. Im using FG tho so its typically locked at 120 but some parts hit.

Prob need a 4080 just to stay above 60fps 100 percent of the time.

27 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Its demanding for sure lol. 

Its actually running surprisingly well for me. 3440 x 1440, DLSS, and everything on high (except shadows on medium because there's rarely a noticeable difference) im getting 35-40FPS on average.

• Upvote 1

Are you playing this at 4k? Im averaging around 80-90fps but there were a couple times it dipped under 60 at 1440p with DLSSQ. Im using FG tho so its typically locked at 120 but some parts hit.

Prob need a 4080 just to stay above 60fps 100 percent of the time.

I forget what the resolution it was exactly when I first started playing last night, but it was around 4K. Game was running silky smooth I think ~100fps.  Today when I got home from work I switched it to 7680x3200 and was getting ~40-45fps.

I'll check everything when I play it again later tonight.

• Upvote 1
  • Remij changed the title to Hellblade 2 reviews (Meta - 82 (Stellar BladeHBR), Gamespot - 6/10, IGN - 8/10)

I'm still confused on why they chose to have such a restriction on gaming reviews if the game is at least decent. It's like they wanted the game to fail or something.

Even if you don't have confidence it will be commercially successful, you then hope positive word of mouth will help raise awareness. This was a retarded move by MS. 

If fucking cheech and Chong can afford ad buys I'm sure fucking Xbox can. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I'm still confused on why they chose to have such a restriction on gaming reviews if the game is at least decent. It's like they wanted the game to fail or something.

Even if you don't have confidence it will be commercially successful, you then hope positive word of mouth will help raise awareness. This was a retarded move by MS. 

They said they wanted to avoid spoilers.

I guess i should update my drivers forgot about that.

i actually forgot to do this as well.

I played through the first part and the game seems serviceable so far. The constant voices in her head are actually pretty damn annoying. They were a neat gimmick in the original but now they don't add anything to the game and if anything they detract from the immersion and atmosphere.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I think it really was due to just not wanting to have spoilers out there... because basically the story and environments is all the game has lol.  They have a bunch of reviews out there with a bunch of different images, it basically spoils the locations and enemies and such.

Like I said before though, it makes no difference.  They didn't market this game and no matter what reviews it gets, it's not going to help its sales to any meaningful degree.

Not surprised to hear you say that. I like it, its a war in her head. The part in the boat was unnerving lol. 

2 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

They said they wanted to avoid spoilers.

That's a stupid reason. Ultimately if it's releasing on gamepass I guess they don't care. People will play it for free and they can just promote it on xbl or something. 

• -GD-X★ changed the title to Hellblade 2 reviews (Meta - 81, 6/10, IGN - 8/10)
  • Remij changed the title to Hellblade 2 reviews (Meta - 82 (Stellar Blade HBR) Gamespot - 6/10, IGN - 8/10)