Anyone else agree sports at home generally > going to the game

I can’t actually watch the event when I’m there. Hate having a shittier view than tv provides. Don’t get the narratives from the play by play. 

of course going with friends and getting shit tanked is always a good time tho. 

Just now, David P said:

I hate all non combat sports. American football, soccer, hockey and baseball are all so fucking boring to watch. 

Even boxing/mma, you can’t see shit at the events lol end up screen watching anyway 

Just now, Tears of the Cows said:

Even boxing/mma, you can’t see shit at the events lol end up screen watching anyway 

I can confirm for boxing. Even relatively close to the ring it still much harder to follow what's going on, you on floor level and the boxers are elevated, you get a better view on tv.

I can imagine UFC fighters in the cage is even harder to see. 

Just now, David P said:

I can confirm for boxing. Even relatively close to the ring it still much harder to follow what's going on, you on floor level and the boxers are elevated, you get a better view on tv.

I can imagine UFC fighters in the cage is even harder to see. 

Right and you end up paying thousands for a worse view than you could have got for free 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Right and you end up paying thousands for a worse view than you could have got for free 

It was amateur league boxing with the protective headgear, it cost like 10 dollars. I wouldn't pay hundreds, let alone thousands of dollars for one fight night.

Edited by David P
20 minutes ago, David P said:

I hate all non combat sports. American football, soccer, hockey and baseball are all so fucking boring to watch. 

Dude you literally have no fucking clue about what you are talking about. 

4 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Football/Soccer is the most boring shit ever, they kick around a ball for 30 minutes with no goal. How it's the most popular sport in the world is beyond me.

Cheap to play 

12 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

Dude you literally have no fucking clue about what you are talking about. 

I've played all those sports. 

Absolutely boring af to watch and a complete waste of my time. Like your posts.

Definitely not football (soccer) in practically any European/South American country and many throughout asia too. Unparalled atmosphere live. Would honestly be like comparing listening to music at home as opposed to a concert. 

15 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

I can’t actually watch the event when I’m there. Hate having a shittier view than tv provides. Don’t get the narratives from the play by play. 

of course going with friends and getting shit tanked is always a good time tho. 

Clearly you haven't watched a game at Oracle Park.  Glorious views all around.  

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, David P said:

I've played all those sports. 

Absolutely boring af to watch and a complete waste of my time. Like your posts.

I've been to many sports venues, soccer, hockey, baseball. 

I've been to Gillette Stadium, the new Dunkin Donuts Yard Goats Stadium and the Xfinity venue in Hartford. 

You can feel the vibe, cheering in the stadium. 

Like I said, you have absolutely no fuckin clue about what you are saying. 

Edited by MalaXmaS

In many cases, sure. However, watching  the Yankees play the Sox at Fenway was an epic experience. I felt the 100+ years of history in the air. Also, I loved seeing fans of each respective team fuck with the other. 

2 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

I've been to many sports venues, soccer, hockey, baseball. 

I've been to Gillette Stadium, the new Dunkin Donuts Yard Goats Stadium and the Xfinity venue in Hartford. 

You can feel the vibe, cheering in the stadium. 

Like I said, you have absolutely no fuckin clue about what you are saying. 

Yea like no else has ever been to a big concert or game. Lmfao, shut up.  

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, David P said:

Yea like no else has ever been to a big concert or game. Lmfao, shut up.  

They are not boring to watch, dumbass. 

Edited by MalaXmaS

Not at all. In fact plenty of unwatchable sports are better in person than TV. I go to Yankee and Met games all of the time but you couldn't pay me to watch a single inning of baseball even in a bar.