Jez Corden: Next Xbox will be a reference design for other manufacturers to make devices, similar to Surface

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a lot of spin to say their strategy still hasn't changed and has been the same for years.   You're trying to spin and conflate day 1 GAAS as something new or as some new indicator tha

Not this gen, but the next! Wait not that gen, but the next!! Any day now!!1  

The reality is Xbox already has day and date games on Playstation, and Playstation already has day and date games on PC.  The fact that people are pathetically trying to distinguish between "single pl

Posted (edited)

So basically like the Steam Machine lol..  Except Windows is obviously in a far better position than Linux was back when Valve tried the Steam Machine haha.

Sounds like they're doing what I said they should just do and offer people a lower priced Xbox branded small form factor PC and get the fuck out of the dedicated console business.  Xbox as a traditional console is done.

Edited by Remij
Posted (edited)

Hopefully it’s upgradable tho. I’d like a PC that plays games only too (lol sounds like a console, but tf do I need a computer for I have plenty and don’t use any). Just strip away all the extra non gaming bs. 

Edited by Tears of the Cows
Posted (edited)

:vabe: This Discord leak has proven to be completely true.....

spacer.png

With this news and the leak that next DOOM is also releasing on PS5....

:cruise: TLHBFR!!!!

Edited by FIREPOWER
22 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

When has it happened before?

:cruise: Steam Machines retard.

Have you been living under a rock for the last 15 years?

There is nothing innovative about this. Steam Machines released by valve following the same concept and flopped because no one bought them. Portable PCs with console form factors are ass because they aren’t particularly good at anything. Way better to own an actual console or a PC. 

It’s literally going to end up being something ugly like Alienware with a license to run Xflop games and have the shitty Xbox logo on it. :mj: 

44 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

There is nothing innovative about this. Steam Machines released by valve following the same concept and flopped because no one bought them. Portable PCs with console form factors are ass because they aren’t particularly good at anything. Way better to own an actual console or a PC. 

Sounds basically like a console now. 

im going PC + switch 2 anyhow. Not buying either the next PS or Xbox. 

1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

You know exactly why nobody bought them... they were running Linux and had no game compatibility support... not to mention Steam OS was "big picture mode" back then..lmao.  Times have changed greatly since then and Linux, as well as proton are real contenders now.. and SteamOS is about as console-like as you can get from a PC at this point and it keeps getting better.

Microsoft with Windows could EASILY disrupt this market, IF MS makes a Windows gaming shell that's very nicely tailored to a console like experience.  Especially if it plays Xbox and PC games.

24 minutes ago, Remij said:

You know exactly why nobody bought them... they were running Linux and had no game compatibility support... not to mention Steam OS was "big picture mode" back then..lmao.  Times have changed greatly since then and Linux, as well as proton are real contenders now.. and SteamOS is about as console-like as you can get from a PC at this point and it keeps getting better.

Microsoft with Windows could EASILY disrupt this market, IF MS makes a Windows gaming shell that's very nicely tailored to a console like experience.  Especially if it plays Xbox and PC games.

I don't know about that but we'll see. If I was to place bets I'd still bet they won't fly off the shelves regardless of Microsoft's advantage with Windows.

1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

I don't know about that but we'll see. If I was to place bets I'd still bet they won't fly off the shelves regardless of Microsoft's advantage with Windows.

Of course it's a "we'll see".  MS will find some way to fuck it up.  Though it's important to note that if they did this, the number of units they sell wouldn't be as imperative as they'd likely be making a bit of money on each one, and their games would still be coming to PS and Nintendo regardless.

This type of console/handheld would 100% a transitional device to get out of the traditional console business altogether.  They need to lean into their strengths.. make Windows better for gaming, and just sell their games on everything.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Remij said:

So basically like the Steam Machine lol..  Except Windows is obviously in a far better position than Linux was back when Valve tried the Steam Machine haha.

Sounds like they're doing what I said they should just do and offer people a lower priced Xbox branded small form factor PC and get the fuck out of the dedicated console business.  Xbox as a traditional console is done.

This kind of makes no sense and seems like going third party with more steps. If you're not getting out of the hardware game then why bother making hardware that other companies and liscence their your name to with varying degrees of quality? 

It would simply be multiplying the reasons for people to complain about the brand. 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

This kind of makes no sense and seems like going third party with more steps. If you're not getting out of the hardware game then why bother making hardware that other companies and liscence their your name to with varying degrees of quality? 

It would simply be multiplying the reasons for people to complain about the brand. 

Because it seems like they don't want to take the full burden on selling hardware anymore, but want to have hardware out there for others to sell.  They want licensed Xbox products out there to support what Gamepass subs they have.

And no, in no way would an Xbox that plays PC games, give people more to complain about.  Xbox has nothing to lose anymore.  Their strengths are their own windows PC ecosystem.  Just make them a hybrid at this point like Nintendo did with their failure products (consoles) and their successful products (handhelds)...

But this is clearly referring to a potential portable console.. and not necessarily their next traditional console if they make one.  Any attempt to release a portable console that isn't a hybrid that can also play PC games is dead in the water.  If they make a device like the ROG Ally or Steam Deck and it plays Windows games plus Xbox games... then they're in business.

Edited by Remij