Lords of The Fallen is out on GP

Just now, JonDnD said:

Xbox app says 10 hours so probably like 7. I made it to the 5th boss which was destroying me. And i dont have any of those dumb seeds to place a way point so i have to run through a guantlet of enemies in the poison forest and its basically impossible to not get touched. You also have to switch back and forth from umbral to even get to the gate again. It takes longer for me to get to the boss than it takes for the boss to kill me. Its just a waste of time. 

yeah that sounds annoying af.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He said UE5 games 

UE5 games make you feel like your PC is broken.    Tried it for 20 minutes, dont care for it at all.

I tried it again. Just ran away from the enemy that was giving me issues last time. Still seem hard af lol. Im in the resident evil part and got smashed by some zombie with antlers. Hard coming back i

Its trash. Like there is zero fun in that. All that on top of being in the poison forest which is THE WORST.

Everything this game does i feel ive already done in other souls clones and its also the most annoying of them all. The cliche horse boss was the last straw lmao fuck this game, it sucks.

ITs like hey lets make a game that sucks in everyway but its hard and copies souls games so people will like it. NO. Also, for me at least, its WAY harder than stuff like Wo Long and Elden Ring and has zero of the fun of those games.

Well I didn't even last as long as jonb :D 

I killed a boss, moved forward and there was NO bonfire equivalent even though I got a bunch of souls and the game put me in a new area. I was stuck in Umbral but figured I could just keep rushing forward and grind my way through waves of the constantly respawning fodder the devs thought would somehow be a fun mechanic, and eventually i would find a bonfire where I could rest and spend my souls. 

NOPE. I was wandering around and even though I found one of the entry points that returns you to the regular world I couldn't use it because I had aggro'd so many enemies around me. Then suddenly the Umbral timer ran out and this unique (I assume unkillable) enemy comes out of nowhere and one shots my character. So I lost a whopping 8000 souls which is a significant amount in the early game while deep into a new area.

Uninstalled. I just don't have the time or patience for this kind of thing anymore. This might be the worst designed souls-like i've seen, If this is the state the game is in when fully patched then I can't imagine just how bad it was at launch. 

Posted (edited)

It's a nice touch that you cannot leave umbral when enemies are around. Also nice when you enter umbral you lose half your health and can get one shotted immediately after from an off screen enemy's projectile.

My favorite enemies are the swamp monsters on stilts that you cannot attack without projectiles or magic. So you basically get stuck rolling around all over fighting grub enemies that are easy to kill hoping you won't get poisoned from off screen by multiple projectile shooters and die.That was great.

I probably would have enjoyed this game if it was just a standard action game. But almost every death outside of the bosses I felt was more luck based than skill based. IT SUCKS. Unoriginal,  frustrating junk.

This game can go roll off a ledge. I'm officially done with souls like games. Fuck this shit :mad:

Also , yes fuck that red vampire enemy things and fuck having to have seeds to get a bonfire before or after some bosses. Terrible design lmfao

Edited by JonDnD
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, JonDnD said:

It's a nice touch that you cannot leave umbral when enemies are around. Also nice when you enter umbral you lose half your health and can get one shotted immediately after from an off screen enemy's projectile.

My favorite enemies are the swamp monsters on stilts that you cannot attack without projectiles or magic. So you basically get stuck rolling around all over fighting grub enemies that are easy to kill hoping you won't get poisoned from off screen by multiple projectile shooters and die.That was great.

I probably would have enjoyed this game if it was just a standard action game. But almost every death outside of the bosses I felt was more luck based than skill based. IT SUCKS. Unoriginal,  frustrating junk.

This game can go roll off a ledge. I'm officially done with souls like games. Fuck this shit :mad:

Also , yes fuck that red vampire enemy things and fuck having to have seeds to get a bonfire before or after some bosses. Terrible design lmfao

Can't remember if you played Lies of P but that was great. Steelrising is also decent, in fact I just checked and can't believe it has a lower MC score than Lords of The Fallen.

I did play a bit of lies of p. It was good but I wasn't in the mood for that kind of game at the time. I should try to get back into it.

I finished steel rising. It was good , very budget tho . I hate fighting robots in games but it was at least fun to play and challenging In the right way. Story was sleep inducing tho.

I think lotf could have been much better than both of those games if they nailed it. Such a frustrating miss tho.

7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Are you just doing melee? I haven’t figured out any of the magic stuff yet, but maybe that can help.

Magic makes you OP. A friend of mine was a playtester for it. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, JonDnD said:

I did play a bit of lies of p. It was good but I wasn't in the mood for that kind of game at the time. I should try to get back into it.

I finished steel rising. It was good , very budget tho . I hate fighting robots in games but it was at least fun to play and challenging In the right way. Story was sleep inducing tho.

I think lotf could have been much better than both of those games if they nailed it. Such a frustrating miss tho.

Lies of P has been greatly balanced to be more inviting for new players. I remember you quitting at the factory. Trust me - it gets a lot better. It was my GOTY last year. 

On 2024-05-30 at 3:10 PM, -GD-X said:

let me know how it is. @Sabo did you ever beat it?

Yeah. I liked it enough to do another playthrough. It's solid,  I'd give it a 7/10. Good ideas but some sloppy execution in some areas, I'd like to see a sequel because I think this team could really nail it if given a second chance.

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Lies of P has been greatly balanced to be more inviting for new players. I remember you quitting at the factory. Trust me - it gets a lot better. It was my GOTY last year. 

I tried it again. Just ran away from the enemy that was giving me issues last time. Still seem hard af lol. Im in the resident evil part and got smashed by some zombie with antlers. Hard coming back into the game after not playing in so long but ill give it a go. 

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 1

So im playing Lies of DavidP, and i come across a section where i have to climb up some ladders and cross some bullshit planks.😠 All while getting shot at from a far with Lies of Poison then getting knocked off of the planks, falling to my death in the poison pit below.🤬 Electric balls and only being able able to jump while sprinting....I used all of my throwables 😡 Finally manage to get thru that bullshit and i am faced with a mini boss and no health🤡 This feels........awfully familiar :faketan:

Finally managed to run through that shit , find a shortcut and beat the mini boss but goddammnn. I just dont know if im cut out for these games as they are all exactly the same. At least this one runs good and its much more visibly appealing than Lords of the Souls Clone. 

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

So im playing Lies of DavidP, and i come across a section where i have to climb up some ladders and cross some bullshit planks.😠 All while getting shot at from a far with Lies of Poison then getting knocked off of the planks, falling to my death in the poison pit below.🤬 Electric balls and only being able able to jump while sprinting....I used all of my throwables 😡 Finally manage to get thru that bullshit and i am faced with a mini boss and no health🤡 This feels........awfully familiar :faketan:

Finally managed to run through that shit , find a shortcut and beat the mini boss but goddammnn. I just dont know if im cut out for these games as they are all exactly the same. At least this one runs good and its much more visibly appealing than Lords of the Souls Clone. 

Use throwables at any enemy from afar, especially if they shoot stuff at you. Fortunately, I know where you are, and I think you are done with that part (since you found the shortcut). 

5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Use throwables at any enemy from afar, especially if they shoot stuff at you. Fortunately, I know where you are, and I think you are done with that part (since you found the shortcut). 

The first run i had grenades so it wasnt too bad as one grenade killed those guys. Then i died at the mini boss and had nothing strong enough to do any damage to them. So i Gumped it and stumbled across the shortcut thank fucking god.

How do you do the powerful attack when the enemy has an X on them? I cant remember lmao its been a minute. I did get a grinder that applies fire to your weapon and thats how i beat that mini boss. 

1 hour ago, JonDnD said:

The first run i had grenades so it wasnt too bad as one grenade killed those guys. Then i died at the mini boss and had nothing strong enough to do any damage to them. So i Gumped it and stumbled across the shortcut thank fucking god.

How do you do the powerful attack when the enemy has an X on them? I cant remember lmao its been a minute. I did get a grinder that applies fire to your weapon and thats how i beat that mini boss. 

when they are stunned? there's a red dot on the ground, just next to them. just go to it and hit right back (or action).  

some hints:

humans are weak to acid

puppets are weak to electricity

carcasses are weak to fire

use your quartz to level up your player. it's critical, unless you are a parry god

mix different blades with handles. you can turn a shitty weapon into a godly one

if you are truly stuck on a boss, then farm for throwables/xp. the best early/mid area is in world/level 2? (beginning of factory), the room with the electric coil. it has two robots in it. the electric coil melts those robots.

Yeah, and its the same as LOTF. Have to run through the gauntlet every time just to get back to the boss. Thats the most frustrating part. I just dont want to do it. 

Just now, JonDnD said:

Yeah, and its the same as LOTF. Have to run through the gauntlet every time just to get back to the boss. Thats the most frustrating part. I just dont want to do it. 

that's fair. the walk backs could have been better in spots.