State of Playstation thread (starting in around 10min)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What did they do to Silent Hill 2?    

it's awful.

State of Xbox play:  

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea... if you've already conceded that PSVR2 is dead and that they never really cared about it.

Astro for PSVR2 should have been the first thing in development and one of the games that was literally driving the technologies they adopted to create the PSVR2.  It absolutely should have been a game to push PSVR2.. but it's quite abundantly clear now that they've given up on it first party-wise.

They're simply not going to divert any resources to PSVR2 specific development anymore.  I'd be pissed if I owned that trash :D 

I hate Sony but honestly, at least they featured VR games in their state of play and promoted the PSVR2 a bit with the VR games catalog coming to PS+. 

I was expecting even LESS VR content... that tell how much faith I have in Sony and PSVR2. They are definitely not going to make games for it.

Flat 2 VR modders have gotten licenses to make flatscreen games VR modes for PSVR2, third party are going to pick up the slack so PSVR2 isn't complete wasteland with no games but it's definitely not coming from Sony. Which is sad. 

Horizon! Gran Turismo! That Until Dawn rail shooter! .......*one year later*........ Astro Bot 2?...Nope. 

gene wilder nothing GIF

:pavarotti: 

Edited by David P
5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea... if you've already conceded that PSVR2 is dead and that they never really cared about it.

Astro for PSVR2 should have been the first thing in development and one of the games that was literally driving the technologies they adopted to create the PSVR2.  It absolutely should have been a game to push PSVR2.. but it's quite abundantly clear now that they've given up on it first party-wise.

They're simply not going to divert any resources to PSVR2 specific development anymore.  I'd be pissed if I owned that trash :D 

The fact they didn’t bother to put the first game on there says it all, IMO.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

The fact they didn’t bother to put the first game on there says it all, IMO.

Impossible though. It would need to be completely changed without the Dualshock 4 motion capabilities. The game is very reliant on gimmick with the controllers, which you see in the virtual world.

This Concord game is such an unoriginal rip off.  This is the state of Playstation alright. Yikes

1 minute ago, JonDnD said:

This Concord game is such an unoriginal rip off.  This is the state of Playstation alright. Yikes

State of Xbox play:

Fire This Is Fine GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2
Posted (edited)

The show was mostly ass like I knew it would be. 

Alien VR, AstroBot, Ballad of Antara, and Where the Wind Meets were great but the rest of the show was a snoozefest :mj:

I'm hoping we get an actual showcase this year when they are showing off the PS5 Pro. I'm glad I didn't get myself hyped for this State of Play.

Edited by FIREPOWER
17 minutes ago, David P said:

I hate Sony but honestly, at least they featured VR games in their state of play and promoted the PSVR2 a bit with the VR games catalog coming to PS+. 

I was expecting even LESS VR content... that tell how much faith I have in Sony and PSVR2. They are definitely not going to make games for it.

Flat 2 VR modders have gotten licenses to make flatscreen games VR modes for PSVR2, third party are going to pick up the slack so PSVR2 isn't complete wasteland with no games but it's definitely not coming from Sony. Which is sad. 

Horizon! Gran Turismo! That Until Dawn rail shooter! .......*one year later*........ Astro Bot 2?...Nope. 

gene wilder nothing GIF

:pavarotti: 

They're doing the least they are required to do.  They conned a few 3rd parties into developing games for it.. they basically have to make it appear that they haven't completely forgotten about it, at the very least.

It IS sad, because you just know Sony could make some killer VR games.  I mean could you fucking imagine the Sony of old, with Japan Studios and devs like Team ICO creating VR games and just pumping them out consistently?  Those companies had tons of creativity.  Media Molecule, Japan Studios, Team Asobi, Studio Liverpool and so on.. 

It's depressing.  The VR medium was just too little too late for some of Sony's most creative studios.  It sucks.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, David P said:

State of Xbox play:

Fire This Is Fine GIF by MOODMAN

Here's the state of DavidPs play vv

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Konami hosted a livestream with additional SH2 footage

Aspects of it look decent.  There's just some aspects of it which completely take me out.

I'm not going to act like it's an easy job to remake such a beloved game..  In all honesty, it would be destined to disappoint/fail outside of everyone but a very small group of developers.. and they're all busy with other shit.. so it really should have probably just not been made.

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

Aspects of it look decent.  There's just some aspects of it which completely take me out.

I'm not going to act like it's an easy job to remake such a beloved game..  In all honesty, it would be destined to disappoint/fail outside of everyone but a very small group of developers.. and they're all busy with other shit.. so it really should have probably just not been made.

The combat looks janky but thats always been the least important part of these games so I don't mind it. If the character model for Angela wasn't such a horrible downgrade I wouldn't have many faults with this as a remake.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

New fucking non vr full fledged ASTRO BOT game. Holy fuck yes! That trailer was incredible!!! Could not be more hyped.

Yeah I was worried they were gonna mention VR at some point and it’d all be a waste. Game looks like Astrobot meets Mario Galaxy. The mechanics of astrobot are already so great, if they can build a good, full game around it, we’re in for a treat. 

6 minutes ago, Casual said:

Yeah I was worried they were gonna mention VR at some point and it’d all be a waste. Game looks like Astrobot meets Mario Galaxy. The mechanics of astrobot are already so great, if they can build a good, full game around it, we’re in for a treat. 

Looks beyond anything I could've hoped. Honestly Asobi with Astrobot are the only team close to Mario's level and that trailer just looked unreal.