As disappointed as I was in RDR2......

....there's no denying that the game had some pretty amazing details. Im actually finding out about a lot of the ones in this X thread for the first time

This makes me more excited for GTA6

After years of people bugging me I finally tried red dead online back in February and have been hooked since. It completely reversed my views on RDR2. I only played a couple of hours when I got the game so many years ago and never went back. 

Playing in a posse helped acclimate me to the game much faster than playing it in solo mode. So the crafting and the nutritional/health/cooking mechanics were clearer. I can say it's sad GTAO makes a billion a year and Rockstar shafted RDO. I hope they take a lot of what they did with RDR2 and implement them in gta6. 

51 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

That’s spot on. 

yea for me, unless i missed something,.it was reallt annoying mission after mission having to ride your horse across the map. was their a fast travel i missed or one you unlock? haven't played since launch and didn't put too much time in before i moved on

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

That’s spot on. 

Have to disagree. The gameplay is pretty damn good. There's a a small number of guns by a shooter standard but all of the guns are unique and well designed. The hand to hand combat is while simple, is surprisingly diverse and well done. The horse riding mechanic is also well made as well. 

Playing online the map is fully open and it's a bit faster to level up and open up stuff but ability cards and money open up a lot of the potential gameplay stuff. They pretty much perfected the western movie motif. 

2 hours ago, poopy_butt said:

yea for me, unless i missed something,.it was reallt annoying mission after mission having to ride your horse across the map. was their a fast travel i missed or one you unlock? haven't played since launch and didn't put too much time in before i moved on

I know there is fast travel online, I assume it works the same in single player but the maps not fully open at first so fast traveling probably isn't an option at first. 

This is definitely the primary problem of the single player. I feel like most gamers who bail from the game do so because of the slow crawl early in the game. Myself included but when you're heavy into the game, the isolation is enjoyable despite possibly feeling boring for sure. Not to mention the speed and performance difference with the better horses you gain down the line.