[VGC]The Xbox showcase brought the E3 magic

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/opinion/the-xbox-showcase-brought-the-e3-magic/

E3 is dead now, but everybody turns up anyway, and plays by the same old rules: it’s June, it’s Pacific time, it’s a lot of new trailers, show up and show off. The rule for Xbox specifically, for the last decade, is that it has to prove itself. 

For most of that time, it’s been struggling: Playstation and Nintendo have stayed far ahead on platform sales, and despite amassing a gigantic studio portfolio, Xbox has struggled to build momentum.

:vince:

14 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Midori says the next Nintendo showcase is going to be fire even If there is no Switch 2 Reveal. 

Yeah I heard too. I’m interested but not sure what they’d reveal unless they have enhanced versions ready to go too for the Switch 2 reveal. 

16 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

It sure did. It was so good that goobs and gsp left firesale to fight alone :rofl:

Jenny talking like he has appointments in his calendar to make sure he's on Systemwars defending Xbox's honour during media events. 

:tom:

Yeah, I dunno. Feels like people are really gassing this one.

Part of that is to do with SoP sucking  and this being much better in comparison but I'm just not buying that this was some peak conference. Lot of games, yep. Also lot of open ended dates far in the future or no dates at all. We've heard that story before from MS and it ended in disappointment.

Good stuff:

+Doom was the standout to me in terms of known quantities

+Age of Mythology is cool

+Cautiously optimistic on Fable - they seem to have the tone down. Vague window and zero gameplay though.

+Stalker looked great

Unsure:

-Perfect Dark looks cool but clearly is also not representative of the final product. Not even a date on the showcase and one of a handful of games that didn't even list Series S or X as platforms so you know that shit is years away.

-Gears prequel is a good idea but again, obviously very early - similarly to PD, didn't list platforms

-Blizzard stuff is a known quantity at this point - D4 is still in the shitter even if it's now floating at the surface and WoW retail lost the plot years ago.

Bad Stuff

-Dragon Age/South of Midnight/

-Starfield DLC just seems like a waste at this point.

The rest was just whatever imo, lots of games that seem destined for the mid 70s on metacritic. Serviceable but hardly noteable.

We'll see what Nintendo was - not expecting much since they're obviously winding down and I fully expect them to have a banger launch and 2025 given what they must be cooking at this point.