Metal Gear Legacy Series video Part 2 with David Hayter

Man, I fucking LOVE what they've done with this.  This is pretty much exactly what I could have hoped for.. because if they had tried to do an actual remake with new voice actors and scripts.. it would not have been faithful or up to snuff.  This way, it stays relatively close to Kojima's vision, while completely updating the visuals and improving elements of the gameplay.

All these fucking remakes makes me feel old and jaded as fuck. I don't want to relive the PS2 high notes, it wasn't that long ago, plus they all got HD ports throughout the PS3/PS4 generations. I replayed MGS2 and 3 on PS3 in 2011 with the HD compilation and MGS3 held up really well. Persona 3 had a HD remaster like two years before the remake came out. Talk about overkill.

There aren't that many PS2 games that are still only bound to the PS2 that are actually worth playing/porting at this point. Fuck that shit. 

PS1 remakes/remasters are cool though as they are much more needed. No one wants to go back to PS1 loading times and flickering textures. 

Just now, David P said:

All these fucking remakes makes me feel old and jaded as fuck. I don't want to relive the PS2 high notes, it wasn't that long ago, plus they all got HD ports throughout the PS3/PS4 generations. I replayed MGS2 and 3 on PS3 in 2011 with the HD compilation and MGS3 held up really well. Persona 3 had a HD remaster like two years before the remake came out. Talk about overkill.

There aren't that many PS2 games that are still only bound to the PS2 that are actually worth playing/porting at this point. Fuck that shit. 

PS1 remakes/remasters are cool though as they are much more needed. No one wants to go back to PS1 loading times and flickering textures. 

PS2 is damn near 25 years old man lmao... 

Yes, the original games hold up well for how old they are, but these just look a lot better and as they said, it allows younger generations of people who maybe never played these classics before to play them with fresh visuals and updated controls.  I get the want for new games, but lets be honest, there's a literal shit ton of new games out there.  Too damn many to play... and actually the team that is remaking these games probably want to get some experience with these games before attempting something new that's going to try to emulate/improve on them.

Plus, for me personally, I'm glad as fuck all these games are being remade/remastered because they're all coming to PC now :glad: :juggle: 

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

PS2 is damn near 25 years old man lmao... 

Yes, the original games hold up well for how old they are, but these just look a lot better and as they said, it allows younger generations of people who maybe never played these classics before to play them with fresh visuals and updated controls.  I get the want for new games, but lets be honest, there's a literal shit ton of new games out there.  Too damn many to play... and actually the team that is remaking these games probably want to get some experience with these games before attempting something new that's going to try to emulate/improve on them.

Plus, for me personally, I'm glad as fuck all these games are being remade/remastered because they're all coming to PC now :glad: :juggle: 

Fuck younger generations.

The AAA gaming industry is going to end up like Hollywood isn't it? Just a bunch of old recognizable IPs being constantly brought back and remastered/remade to infinity? Oh wait it's already happening. Creatively bankrupted. 

32 minutes ago, David P said:

You say it wasn't that long ago, it's been 20 years if it releases this year. Sands of time remake is set for 2026 which will be 23 years. That just makes me feel old as absolute fuck because I remember buying and playing these games. 

Edited by Cell
7 minutes ago, Cell said:

You say it wasn't that long ago, it's been 20 years if it releases this year. Sands of time remake is set for 2026 which will be 23 years. That just makes me feel old as absolute fuck because I remember buying and playing these games. 

Like I said, they all got HD remastered, and I played quite a few of those. The games are relatively fresh in my memory. Especially MGS3. I'm good. I don't need to replay the same game that many times. 

Whatever people, enjoy stagnant series with no new games. Can't wait for Uncharted 1 remake and MGS4 remake on PS6 in 2030.

Ironically I will end up playing FF7 Rebirth and not this. It looks good though, I'll give it it that.

3 minutes ago, David P said:

Like I said, they all got HD remastered, and I played quite a few of those. The games are relatively fresh in my memory. Especially MGS3. I'm good. I don't need to replay the same game that many times. 

Whatever people, enjoy stagnant series with no new games. Can't wait for Uncharted 1 remake and MGS4 remake on PS6 in 2030.

Ironically I will end up playing FF7 Rebirth and not this. It looks good though, I'll give it it that.

David Hater :mad: 

• Haha 1