• Tears of the Cows changed the title to iOS18 announced. What feature will android copy first?
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"This update finally allows you to arrange app icons on the home screen."    

Nigga, at least I have a job. You shit in dirt holes and sleep in mud huts.          :

They just don’t want to interfere with the air or something. I’m like fuck you it costs as much, give me the goods.

32 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Android still primarily relies on sms lmfao

Android primarily relies on RCS. 

And surprise surprise Apple will be adopting RCS in ios18 :sass2:

• aitch 1
44 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

"This update finally allows you to arrange app icons on the home screen."

:drake: 

It gets better lol

"With this update you can finally change the flashlight and camera shortcuts on the lockscreen"   :ANYWORD:

anyone in 2024 who still thinks apple is better is delusional. the one thing i will always admit to is apples keyboard for some reason just works where as android im constantly mashing the wrong thing/their autocorrect is retarded. other than that apple has been the same people circle jerking since the days when ios was hands down better while android was in its buggy infancy.

18 minutes ago, poopy_butt said:

anyone in 2024 who still thinks apple is better is delusional. the one thing i will always admit to is apples keyboard for some reason just works where as android im constantly mashing the wrong thing/their autocorrect is retarded. other than that apple has been the same people circle jerking since the days when ios was hands down better while android was in its buggy infancy.

i don't think either one is generally better. both are great. it comes down to preference.

27 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i don't think either one is generally better. both are great. it comes down to preference.

One has superior hardware the other is makeshift 3rd party parts

no wonder one is always pushing the envolope while the other scrambles :blessed:

• NPC 1
52 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

One has superior hardware the other is makeshift 3rd party parts

no wonder one is always pushing the envolope while the other scrambles :blessed:

i mean, on the camera front, the 15 max is kind of a pos. instead of adding an additional 120mm lens, they took away the 77mm one. therefore, if you zoom in to 77mm, it's just the 24mm heavily zoomed in. also, the 15 max had questionable thermals.

14 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i mean, on the camera front, the 15 max is kind of a pos. instead of adding an additional 120mm lens, they took away the 77mm one. therefore, if you zoom in to 77mm, it's just the 28mm heavily zoomed in. also, the 15 max had questionable thermals.

I have a 15 Pro Max and the camera seems fine, but doesn’t seem great. Then again I’m not really into photography or anything. Thermals are good and I think that issue was software related when it launched.

25 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I have a 15 Pro Max and the camera seems fine, but doesn’t seem great. Then again I’m not really into photography or anything. Thermals are good and I think that issue was software related when it launched.

i just i hate misleading statements, like the 15 max having 7 lenses (according to apple): macro, 13mm, 24mm, 28m, 35mm, 48mm and 120mm. anyone with an ounce of knowledge about lenses knows this is horseshit lol. it's just a macro, 13mm (ultra wide), 24mm and 120mm (telephoto). when you zoom in to the portrait range (75-85), i dare say the standard iphone 15 looks better, since it has an actual 77mm lens. the samsung has a phone with a 200mm lens and the latest pixel has a 48mp ultra wide (which is actually pretty cool in person, way better than the 12mp in the 13mm).

edit: i would never expect a phone to replace a dedicated full frame or aps-c camera (the 200mm on the samsung is just ok). but i do shoot RAW with my iphone if i'm at a place where i can't bring my gear and i want to at least be able to get decent quality and grade the pics in LR.

20 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i just i hate misleading statements, like the 15 max having 7 lenses (according to apple): macro, 13mm, 24mm, 28m, 35mm, 48mm and 120mm. anyone with an ounce of knowledge about lenses knows this is horseshit lol. it's just a macro, 13mm (ultra wide), 24mm and 120mm (telephoto). when you zoom in to the portrait range (75-85), i dare say the standard iphone 15 looks better, since it has an actual 77mm lens. the samsung has a phone with a 200mm lens and the latest pixel has a 48mp ultra wide (which is actually pretty cool in person, way better than the 12mp in the 13mm).

edit: i would never expect a phone to replace a dedicated full frame or aps-c camera (the 200mm on the samsung is just ok). but i do shoot RAW with my iphone if i'm at a place where i can't bring my gear and i want to at least be able to get decent quality and grade the pics in LR.

I don’t understand how the 15 Pro Max has a higher DxOMark score. It doesn’t seem like it’s anything special.

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

You seem to be one of the rarer ones then. Most people i know, friends, coworkers, other people's entire families still smell their own farts and try to get me to switch to iphone, and ignorantly claim vast superiority of iphones. ive been in many group chats before with all iphone users who always tried to give me shit for being the lone Galaxy user.

• Upvote 1
Just now, lynux3 said:

I don’t understand how the 15 Pro Max has a higher DxOMark score. It doesn’t seem like it’s anything special.

i know the 15 max (and iphones in general) have clever use of AI processing. Its jpegs are processed very well, at least for social media. it sharpens just enough, slightly color grades the pics (based on what it thinks is ideal) and the fauxkeh in portrait mode is actually getting pretty good (i'm finally seeing less of a helmet head look at f1.4).

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

i mean, on the camera front, the 15 max is kind of a pos. instead of adding an additional 120mm lens, they took away the 77mm one. therefore, if you zoom in to 77mm, it's just the 24mm heavily zoomed in. also, the 15 max had questionable thermals.

It is, but still class leading. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Just now, poopy_butt said:

You seem to be one of the rarer ones then. Most people i know, friends, coworkers, other people's entire families still smell their own farts and try to get me to switch to iphone, and ignorantly claim vast superiority of iphones. ive been in many group chats before with all iphone users who always tried to give me shit for being the lone Galaxy user.

i tell people it's ok to try other brands out...or don't. nothing wrong with sticking with what you are already happy with.

Just now, Tears of the Cows said:

I hate my iPhone 15 pro max camera tbh. Always smudges. But it’s still better than alternatives. lol ever take a pic w a Samsung?

i have, actually. i was curious about the 200mm telephoto. i was impressed the phone could pull it off with such a small lens form factor.

if there's one thing i LOVE about the iphone's camera, it's easily the stabilization in the video camera. also, cinematic mode is very well done and lets you shoot in RAW.

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

"Calculator comes to iPad. Biggest cheer of the day. Not joking"  

Man apple fans continue to be easily impressed. 

It’s more of an inside joke than anything. Aren’t iPads 20x more powerful than the galaxy tablets or something (which I actually like)?