i finally ordered a pc.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

I think you're just fine, nothing wrong with that 

ive been watching for almost a year now and finally just got sick of waiting. hopefully i don't regret it. lenovo claims i wont see it until the end if august anyways

That’s actually pretty great for the money. Most pre-built 4070ti super PCs come with only 16g of ram and cost close to $2,000. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

That’s actually pretty great for the money. Most pre-built 4070ti super PCs come with only 16g of ram and cost close to $2,000. 

i remember you saying 4070 or bust last time i posted about pc's. its wild the price point between 4060 and 4070 and this one seemed pretty nice after months of watching

• Upvote 1

That'll run Playstation games real nice.

I have a 4070ti and it's been great for 1440p

Posted (edited)

if anyones in the market, you could add a student, teacher, medical, or military discount as well and drop it to the 1300-1400 range pre tax. shipping is free but claims it won't arrive until end of August 

Edited by poopy_butt
29 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It's all good. Lemij buys pre-builts too. :mjgrin:

guy on that link i sent said he pieces one together with pc parts picker and that pre built is actually cheaper. is it true? i dont fuckin know but hopefully itll work well for my needs

I don't know much about ryzen cpus but you'll be able to get 120fps+ with dlss and fg on basically every game out at 1440p max settings. Most games you'll get 120+ without fg.

There are only a few games that make the 4070ti struggle at 1440p.

Just beware the dreaded unreal engine 5. It's a fucking stinker .

22 minutes ago, poopy_butt said:

guy on that link i sent said he pieces one together with pc parts picker and that pre built is actually cheaper. is it true? i dont fuckin know but hopefully itll work well for my needs

It’s true. Manufacturers get wholesale prices and cheaper parts, but doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not performant. It’s a good price.

Looks like a great buy. Some things I noticed::

- 1TB SSD is a bit limited for AAA games. The manual says there are versions with 4 M2 slots (1 intended for wifi/bt) and others with 3. It's not clear which version you got. Either way you're in good shape, but the 4 slot version would give you even more room to upgrade. You've also got 4 SATA (slower, but generally cheaper) ports and a PCIEx4 you can adapt for more fast storage:
https://www.amazon.com/M-2-Adapter-Aluminum-Heatsink-Solution/dp/B07JJTVGZM

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/desktop_pub/legion_t5_26_ug_en_202211.pdf

- There's 4 ram slots on the motherboard, and it ships with 2x 16GB dimms. This leaves you with room to upgrade down the line, nice

- Only 1 USB-C port on the back, none on the front. You might want to use that PCIx4 slot to add a couple more