Still Wakes The Deep - 73 at MC so far

Game is alright but the shit that pops up on your screen to indicate the direction of the monster and that organic mutated stuff is actually pretty annoying, especially in darker areas.

i play this on slimepass rn and y'all talking some bullshit lmfao, my pc maxes this out easily not dips or anything, doesn't matter if I use this upscaling garbage, I think its set to unreal ones, don't care FSRR/DISS shit missing

game looks really good too, oil rigs are pretty cool. It's not soma-level but I like the game. there is some disturbing shit happening lmfao

pretty sure twinbitch and GayDonkey will enjoy this a lot :11:

the scariest part so far was witnessing these british delicacies in the canteen in the intro 

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The voice acting in this game is top tier. Like some of the best in recent memory, and its not just the main character either.

MCLEEEREEEY YOU ARE FIRRIREEIEDI you hear me FRIEIIED

i play without subtitles but man, what the fuck are these bean buggers saying sometimes :kaz:  

but I agree, it's very good voice acting, the guy you playing acts completely reasonable to everything happening and you can really sense his fear, the heavy breathing etc

Edited by kaz
  • Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Game is alright but the shit that pops up on your screen to indicate the direction of the monster and that organic mutated stuff is actually pretty annoying, especially in darker areas.

I like that, these mutation visuals make me hard, the direction it shows is no biggie for me, it's not like there is pointer on the thing or some shit. I still had to look at it to know where it goes etc.

I didn't have a problem with the hidey parts, just turn off my light and watch the fucker, no idea what you mean

Edited by kaz
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, kaz said:

I like that, these mutation visuals make me hard, the direction it shows is no biggie for me, it's not like there is pointer on the thing or some shit. I still had to look at it to know where it goes etc.

I didn't have a problem with the hidey parts, just turn off my light and watch the fucker, no idea what you mean

It’s just distracting. I don’t want half my screen covered in substatic’s cheeto sweat when I’m trying to hide from or track a monster.

• Haha 1

Just finished it. I was pretty impressed, I think its the chinese room's best game so far and it actually makes me more faithful that they'll be able to pull of Bloodlines 2.

As I mentioned before the dialogue and VA are the highlights. Every conversation between the characters felt completely natural. It actually puts most AAA games to shame in this regard. The visuals are also very good, especially the way they use water and reflections. When the environments focus on both of those it looks pretty striking.

The gameplay is simple but I wouldn't call it a walking sim. Its more interactive than those and I actually enjoyed the first person platforming sprinkled throughout. I think its actually overall more engaging than Hellblade's 2 gameplay if ill be honest.

So yeah this game took me by surprise as I really wasn't expecting much especially after the middling reviews. Like Alone in the Dark, I think it was underrated and if I were to give it a score It would be either a 8.0 or even 8.5

• Like 1

Just finished this up. What a depressing game lmao. There were a few parts i didnt like but over all it was really good. It wasnt as tedious or annoying as the other "monster" type games. I really liked the story and acting, depressing as it may have been. The ending was also surprising to me. I also feel like like there was no clear reasoning for why this was all happening, unless i missed it. One of those come up with your own conclusion type stories.

Things i did not like, the constant hold R to grip, Hold L to hold on, Hold right to open lock, Hold R to release valve. There is a LOT of that and i think most of that could have been skipped by just a button press. Also the res scale resets every time you boot the game. That was annoying.

Graphics are also very very good. No stutters, game runs great.

8/10

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 1