Looks like Trump is for immigration again.

Just now, Mr. Impossible said:

While I never cared enough about Canada to learn anything about it, I find it it hard to believe that a colonized country and 11th toe of England didn't utilize immigration like Europe and America did. That really doesn't make any sense. 

We did, just not to the same scale. Less in my province due to the language barrier. We definitely had period of mass immigration, usually came from a few select places. French, Haitians, Italians, Irish. The usual. 

Doesn't change the fact we're reached new peaks and this is not looking to slow down anytime soon. Trudeau opened up immigration to insane levels and begged all provinces to increase the amount of legal immigrants each year. And In Canada where everyone gets free healthcare and guaranteed welfare on top of a housing crisis, it's a costly thing. 

As anecdotal evidence I have never seen so many foreigners in the capital. Also anecdotal, there's a huge influx of workers, which we lack in almost all sectors... so it's not all bad. As a plus side, it's extremely easy to find work and bosses have to offer better conditions when there's more jobs than people working. Supply and demand, I guess.