non oled steam decks are 15% off right now

Alright now that i praised it, time to bash windows. I just hooked this up to my tv to play an emulator. noticed it didnt look so sharp in on the tv, so i enabled something called 3d mode. Now my emulator on the tv wont load a game and i cant display both the lego and tv at the same time any more and the option to disable 3d mode is completely gone from display settings and it doesnt even detect multiple displays any more. Once funny is i googled it and it seems like a known problem with only deleting registry things as a solution so far. so gay. this is a windows problem however.

20 hours ago, poopy_butt said:

Alright now that i praised it, time to bash windows. I just hooked this up to my tv to play an emulator. noticed it didnt look so sharp in on the tv, so i enabled something called 3d mode. Now my emulator on the tv wont load a game and i cant display both the lego and tv at the same time any more and the option to disable 3d mode is completely gone from display settings and it doesnt even detect multiple displays any more. Once funny is i googled it and it seems like a known problem with only deleting registry things as a solution so far. so gay. this is a windows problem however.

It sounds like the original issue was with the emulator so you should have tweaked its settings first before tweaking stuff within windows. I’d say that’s a good rule of thumb for any piece of software running on windows.

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It sounds like the original issue was with the emulator so you should have tweaked its settings first before tweaking stuff within windows. I’d say that’s a good rule of thumb for any piece of software running on windows.

I don't think so if you Google it it looks like a windows problem that they never bothered to fix. Apparently if you turn 3d mode on with a device that doesn't support it it'll mess up the graphics drivers and windows completely gets rid of the option to turn 3d mode off it just completely disappears from the ui. I ran a system restore which did bring the option back and it's now off again thank God however then I couldn't get tropical freeze to run again and gave up cuz I got sick of troubleshooting shit for the day. 

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, poopy_butt said:

the biggest problems with windows on a handheld are when it's actually working. even if there weren't buggy gotchas like 3d mode, you're still missing out on a gaming handheld that actually works like one.

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

the biggest problems with windows on a handheld are when it's actually working. even if there weren't buggy gotchas like 3d mode, you're still missing out on a gaming handheld that actually works like one.

I can mod it to behave closer to one if I wanted too. And the legion go does have a ui that will boot on start up to make it appear like it's got it's own dedicated os/ui but it's obviously not lol. I can Def see the pros and cons of windows 11 handheld vs something like steam deck. However I was able to use gift cards for this to get it for free lol where as a steamdeck on Amazon is like 200% price mark up fuck that. I had Amazon cards. 

3 hours ago, poopy_butt said:

I can mod it to behave closer to one if I wanted too. And the legion go does have a ui that will boot on start up to make it appear like it's got it's own dedicated os/ui but it's obviously not lol. I can Def see the pros and cons of windows 11 handheld vs something like steam deck. However I was able to use gift cards for this to get it for free lol where as a steamdeck on Amazon is like 200% price mark up fuck that. I had Amazon cards. 

If one of your goals is to play emulated games then you absolutely got the right device. The Legion Go and Ally are far better emulation devices than the deck.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

If one of your goals is to play emulated games then you absolutely got the right device. The Legion Go and Ally are far better emulation devices than the deck.

:Jeff:

Deck literally has a FARRRRR better community for emulation than any other device in history.  Literally download one thing, and it will auto download and setup every emulator you could possibly want...

• aitch 1
12 hours ago, Remij said:

:Jeff:

Deck literally has a FARRRRR better community for emulation than any other device in history.  Literally download one thing, and it will auto download and setup every emulator you could possibly want...

Deck has a far better community for emulation than... Windows..? Ehhh.

13 hours ago, Remij said:

Watch ya mouf or you gon get Decked :sam: 

:juggle:  

Go sit on a Deck :roff: DeckTards have been owned :pacspit:

11 hours ago, JonDnD said:

Go sit on a Deck :roff: DeckTards have been owned :pacspit:

Do you guys like the thick black deck or would you prefer a slim white deck? 

On 2024-07-05 at 5:28 PM, poopy_butt said:

Bazzite on Go:

spacer.png