Figure GD would like this lol

lmao what the fuck, I thought this was some goofy 'MK fatalities in real life' clip but this is from a movie? I gotta watch this, that clip was ridiculous :D

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

This is just straight up psychopath shit. 

The director must be white. 

let's hope.

• dead 1
  • 1 month later...

Got around to watching this and enjoyed it quite a bit, but it is an incredibly slow paced movie with an ending I assume most people will hate lol. It's probably closer to a nature documentary than a slasher if I'm being honest. :D

The kill from this thread is also the only one that really gets to this level of sadistic, everything else is pretty standard horror fare. There's another kill towards the end that's cool and boy does the movie let it play out, but nothing on the level of pulling somebody's head through their torso. I was pretty disappointed for the first half of the movie because a lot of the slowness didn't really serve a purpose with where the plot was and the kills weren't living up to the hype, but the second half had more tension that the slowness helped amplify. Still probably could have been 30 minutes shorter without losing much in the way of atmosphere or just done something else with the runtime than have hookboy getting his David Attenborough on.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

how is this still not on shudder. They produced it and won't even put it on their own streaming service? :| 

I imagine they're getting solid revenue from people paying to watch it with the word of mouth over just using a Shudder trial. I'd still wait for Shudder, though. If it doesn't vibe with you it's probably going to be one of the most boring movies you've ever seen. 

6 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I imagine they're getting solid revenue from people paying to watch it with the word of mouth over just using a Shudder trial. I'd still wait for Shudder, though. If it doesn't vibe with you it's probably going to be one of the most boring movies you've ever seen. 

I've had a shudder sub for a while and there's so many long droughts where they don't put out anything interesting. The situation with this movie is just making me further question why I haven't cancelled already.

15 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Got around to watching this and enjoyed it quite a bit, but it is an incredibly slow paced movie with an ending I assume most people will hate lol. It's probably closer to a nature documentary than a slasher if I'm being honest. :D

The kill from this thread is also the only one that really gets to this level of sadistic, everything else is pretty standard horror fare. There's another kill towards the end that's cool and boy does the movie let it play out, but nothing on the level of pulling somebody's head through their torso. I was pretty disappointed for the first half of the movie because a lot of the slowness didn't really serve a purpose with where the plot was and the kills weren't living up to the hype, but the second half had more tension that the slowness helped amplify. Still probably could have been 30 minutes shorter without losing much in the way of atmosphere or just done something else with the runtime than have hookboy getting his David Attenborough on.

Did you ever see The House That Jack Built? Fucking masterpiece :smoke:

9 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Did you ever see The House That Jack Built? Fucking masterpiece :smoke:

I have not. I remember all the controversary surrounding it, but just never got to around it. Got a mini-Nic Cage marathon planned for next weekend with Longlegs and Arcadian, the latter of which I'm gonna grab an AMC+ sub for and The House That Jack Built is on there too so I'll check it out this week.

• aitch 1