GrimReaperPass strikes again - more layoffs this week apparently

Posted (edited)

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/more-xbox-layoffs-incoming.1672512/

Wow. Who would have thought that giving all your prized assets away for a bargain bin price whilst simultaneously spending 80 billion dollars on a single publisher was bad business. For reference, they're estimated to be making about 3 billion a year from gamepass, which is revenue, not profit. 

Let's hear the lemspin. :mj:

Edited by Cell

I mean if we are talking stability of a company, MS obliterates Sony and could buy 30 companies Sony’s size. 

if we are talking about Xbox profits, who gives a shit? I don’t subscribe to gamepass to help Microsoft. I do it to get games that have no value (hint: every single one) for cheap AF. 

im guessing cows still buy physical DVDs and music too. :D 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

I mean if we are talking stability of a company, MS obliterates Sony and could buy 30 companies Sony’s size. 

if we are talking about Xbox profits, who gives a shit? I don’t subscribe to gamepass to help Microsoft. I do it to get games that have no value (hint: every single one) for cheap AF. 

Lems getting raped, cows getting raped, errybody getting raped in here. 

:pacspit:

Edited by Cell
2 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Gaming time is not limited by money, it's limited by free time. Playing games MS made deals with sucks compared to buying the games you actually want to play. Some of the best games I spent a lot of time with  this generation like Elden Ring, Baldurs Gate, and Helldivers never appeared on Gamepass.

• Upvote 1
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Gaming time is not limited by money, it's limited by free time. Playing games MS made deals with sucks compared to buying the games you actually want to play. Some of the best games I spent a lot of time with  this generation like Elden Ring, Baldurs Gate, and Helldivers never appeared on Gamepass.

I don’t exclusively play GP games. 

GP allows me to play games I wouldn’t normally bother spending money on or in some cases, games I would. I’d much prefer all games to be on GP though. 

I also get ubi+ for a month for ubi games. I would never go back to them, so why buy?  For example in a few weeks when avatar DLC releases, I’ll resub and beat it. That means I paid around $30 for $80 worth of content. What am I missing here? lol how is this bad?

Edited by Tears of the Cows
4 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

What does MS profits have to do with Xbox bleeding money and losing staff?

Dat lemshit spin. Keep spinning and damage controlling as ShitBox fades into irrelevance :kaz:

It's exactly because MS is so successful that's why they don't give a fuck about Xbox and keep treating it like it's dead weight. Neither Nintendo nor Sony are as rich as MS but keep totally raping them in the gaming hemisphere because both companies are focused on their primary breadwinners while MS is out here trippin all over themselves :cruise:

1896A14F-3B59-4903-9ED6-C5515B641A1D.thumb.jpeg.6c8aedfbf421d124cf096be045164c5a.jpeg

• dead 1
2 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

I don’t exclusively play GP games. 

GP allows me to play games I wouldn’t normally bother spending money on or in some cases, games I would. I’d much prefer all games to be on GP though. 

I also get ubi+ for a month for ubi games. I would never go back to them, so why buy?  For example in a few weeks when avatar DLC releases, I’ll resub and beat it. That means I paid around $30 for $80 worth of content. What am I missing here? lol how is this bad?

ok so you

waste money paying for a subscription you don't use / use it for games that you don't think are worth spending money on.

this is why i think it's bad and why i cancelled my own membership.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Sheep winnin :blessed:

Sheep already getting raped, in jail for being pedophiles. 

Edited by MalaXmaS
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

ok so you

waste money paying for a subscription you don't use / use it for games that you don't think are worth spending money on.

this is why i think it's bad and why i cancelled my own membership.

I pay like $1 a month for gamepass. 

But at full price, it’s the same price as buying 3 games a year. 

There’s a difference between spending $70 and basically nothing, and it dramatically alters expectations. 

there have been maybe 2-3 non-Nintendo games this gen worth $70.

Edited by Tears of the Cows

I used to want Microsoft to acquire Sega... now I want them to stay the fuck away from them forever.  I hope no Japanese publisher/studio ever gets acquired by them ever again after what they did to Tango.  You just know that if they got Sega, half of those studios would close down. :mad: 

Wonder which studios it's going to be this time with layoffs? :shake: :[ 

43 minutes ago, Remij said:

I used to want Microsoft to acquire Sega... now I want them to stay the fuck away from them forever.  I hope no Japanese publisher/studio ever gets acquired by them ever again after what they did to Tango.  You just know that if they got Sega, half of those studios would close down. :mad: 

Wonder which studios it's going to be this time with layoffs? :shake: :[ 

He's put down the crack pipe today I see. :mj:

17 minutes ago, Cell said:

He's put down the crack pipe today I see. :mj:

You see Japanese executives taking massive pay cuts when their studios fail to meet expectations, instead of firing people and shutting them down.  These motherfuckers in the West making millions and just firing muhfuckas every month or shutting studios down.   Nah, no more.. I've seen enough over the past 2 years.  Leave Japan alone :mad:  

• Geese 1
  • dead 1
3 hours ago, Remij said:

You see Japanese executives taking massive pay cuts when their studios fail to meet expectations, instead of firing people and shutting them down.  These motherfuckers in the West making millions and just firing muhfuckas every month or shutting studios down.   Nah, no more.. I've seen enough over the past 2 years.  Leave Japan alone :mad:  

:mjgrin: I’m glad you finally put the crack pipe down and are seeing some reality. Too bad your fellow lembros like Cuckstz continue to cheerlead for the cancer of gaming to buy up more studios and publishers. Shows that most lemmings truly aren’t gamers. You’ve gained some respect from me today as I didn’t know you had it in you to put fanboyism aside and embrace what’s best for gaming.

Whether anyone likes GP or MS’ current stable of games is irrelevant, if they can’t see how damaging it is for a company to buy out publishers/studios for billions of dollars only to shut them down months later then they are totally in a cult. I don’t want anyone buying SEGA period, and I don’t want any major studios or publishers to be bought out by Sony, Nintendo or MS. The publisher and studio acquisition wars have been overall harmful to gaming over the past couple of years. I think most sane people can admit to that no matter what side they stand on in the console wars.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

:mjgrin: I’m glad you finally put the crack pipe down and are seeing some reality. Too bad your fellow lembros like Cuckstz continue to cheerlead for the cancer of gaming to buy up more studios and publishers. Shows that most lemmings truly aren’t gamers. You’ve gained some respect from me today as I didn’t know you had it in you to put fanboyism aside and embrace what’s best for gaming.

Whether anyone likes GP or MS’ current stable of games is irrelevant, if they can’t see how damaging it is for a company to buy out publishers/studios for billions of dollars only to shut them down months later then they are totally in a cult. I don’t want anyone buying SEGA period, and I don’t want any major studios or publishers to be bought out by Sony, Nintendo or MS. The publisher and studio acquisition wars have been overall harmful to gaming over the past couple of years. I think most sane people can admit to that no matter what side they stand on in the console wars.

Shits no good for anybody if they keep closing down studios.  The last couple years have been brutal.  It's obvious to me now that they would shut down half of Sega studios if they were to ever acquire them.

Microsoft has actually pissed me off with how they've handled the studios and IPs they've acquired.  I thought for sure that Phil would see the sensible thing to do and bring back some the classic franchises once they had studios who are reputable for making those types of games (or even worked on those franchises in the past)  but they just keep fumbling every fucking ball.  Franchises like Banjo, Conkers, Perfect Dark, Kameo, Killer Instinct.. they now own Crash and Spyro.. and had studios that know how to make fun platformers.. and they don't take advantage of them.  Phil keeps talking about his love for all these games and studios.. and yet nothings happening.  Jez Corden apparently said he heard there's no Banjo game in the works...

I know it's funny for me to say this here of all places, but I'm honestly just tired of MS fumbling every fucking thing that I get excited for.  Some of this stuff should be an easy lay up for them.. they've got good IP to work with.. but terrible management ruins it.. and who pays for it?  The developers apparently.. while these motherfuckers are getting promotions.  Get rid of them.  There's no fucking way Halo should ever have been allowed to fall from grace the way it has.  MS should have had their eyes on every pulse of gaming to realize when and how they should change and adapt it.  Their studio culture is so fucked up it's beyond repair.. they literally would have to start new.  Halo should be an epic SP campain with an awesome focused story.  How hard would it be to create a linear, graphically stunning Halo game with fun set pieces?  Can you imagine what Sony Santa Monica would do with the Halo IP?  Cmon now..  I just don't get it.  Infinite was great gameplay-wise IMO, but the story barely moved anything forward, and the open world felt unfinished.. and we all know the graphics were setting any benchmarks.. but damn.

MS undoubted has franchises that were great, and COULD be again.. they just don't have the management and culture that can make those games with the love and care they deserve anymore.  Only a couple studios MS has are seemingly able to release those quality games anymore.  Playground and The Coalition.  Forza Motorsport was quite possibly the biggest let down for me.  It just does not feel like Turn 10 have that spirit in them anymore.. they just phoned it in.  That pissed me off really... like... they almost never fuck up Forza.  If the next one is like FM was... then just stop.  It's over.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm excited for stuff they have coming, but they have to stop fumbling every time they get something good going, then laying off massive amounts of devs, and closing studios.  I'm tired of it.  I don't want Sega or Capcom, or any Japanese developer to be acquired by them.. or anyone.

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

Remij makes a good point in the Wii U days Iwata and other heads took a pay cut not to lay off people. While MS relies on contractors. No wonder Nintendo makes such good games. 

Edited by Playstation Tablet
  • Upvote 1