Playing Crysis 1 for the first time, this isnt impressive even in a time capsule.

1 hour ago, Casual said:

honestly every game you listed is something i would never reconsider replaying at this point in time. products of the generation.

crysis was always talked about for it's technical prowess anyway.

Also, crysis felt more open, with awesome physics, which was pretty cool then. Now, not so much, since hundreds of shooters have recycled the same template.  I would imagine that halo 3 and Killzone 3 move at a better pace and are probably more entertaining (though I wouldn’t play either lol). 

59 minutes ago, poopy_butt said:

At the time crysis looked absolutely amazing. Also the remasters somehow look worse.

I think it’s because we got used to seeing it with the mods. Look at the gta remasters. Vice City’s mods smoke that lazy ass release. 

It came out during the golden era of PC gaming. The visuals and physics were incredible for its time and it would look and run great on lower end PCs. I remember being blown away by it and I had a measly 8800gt that was like $200-$300, now you spend upwards of a grand on video cards on average just to play console ports.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It came out during the golden era of PC gaming. The visuals and physics were incredible for its time and it would look and run great on lower end PCs. I remember being blown away by it and I had a measly 8800gt that was like $200-$300, now you spend upwards of a grand on video cards on average just to play console ports.

Yeah. I was blown away by how good it looked on the 8800gt. 

• aitch 1