BREAKING NEWS: [The Verge] Microsoft may stop marketing of Xbox consoles in EMEA and focus only on Game Pass, Cloud, PC and Xbox Controllers

2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lmfao one of the dumbest ideas possible. 

No, not really. MS just doesn’t care to do it. They have the money to play the long game if they felt the need. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's done.. put it out of its misery.  Cancel the next console box if it is anything other than an "Xbox" branded PC... same goes for any handheld.  Incentivize console players to jump to PC and keep

this

Rumor has it that this was why Biden's press conference was behind schedule.     

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JonDnD said:

They already are. You just continue creating them because you are an obsessed buffoon :rofls: irl system warrior REEF

"They already are :lemming:"

1424970945_Screenshot2024-07-11at10_49_41PM.png.a8ac08d19c398dfeba3743ad9cd5297d.png

:mj: Then why the fuck are you still posting here as a lemming if lems are already extinct? 

:kaz: What a butthurt lemshit.

IMG_3810.JPG.84091f9d539cbd79a751c647575047e7.JPG

• dead 1
5 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

No, not really. MS just doesn’t care to do it. They have the money to play the long game if they felt the need. 

You sound like a fourth grader right now. So invest 60 billion dollars, then cut off most of the revenue stream of the entity you just bought. The operate at a loss for an undetermined amount of time until the audience that will no doubt hate your company gives up and buys the console?

This isn't a start up. You don't pull this move in year twenty of your company and what do you think that will do to their stock prices? The hit sounds like it would be far worse even in the long run than the course they are taking. They want to make money, not give their fanboys bragging rights. 

6 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

"They already are :lemming:"

1424970945_Screenshot2024-07-11at10_49_41PM.png.a8ac08d19c398dfeba3743ad9cd5297d.png

:mj: Then why the fuck are you still posting here as a lemming if lems are already extinct? 

:kaz: What a butthurt lemshit.

IMG_3810.JPG.84091f9d539cbd79a751c647575047e7.JPG

You take this that seriously ? Cause I never changed my color when the forum swapped ? :tom:

GamePass increase makes no sense to have a physical Xbox considering they are pushing streaming, although it makes more sense to have a PC at this point. 

Lmfao Playstation. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

You sound like a fourth grader right now. So invest 60 billion dollars, then cut off most of the revenue stream of the entity you just bought. The operate at a loss for an undetermined amount of time until the audience that will no doubt hate your company gives up and buys the console?

This isn't a start up. You don't pull this move in year twenty of your company and what do you think that will do to their stock prices? The hit sounds like it would be far worse even in the long run than the course they are taking. They want to make money, not give their fanboys bragging rights. 

And MS couldn’t do this if they wanted to?

3 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

And MS couldn’t do this if they wanted to?

To what end? It's not simply if they are capable of it. I don't think it would yield the results you think it would. 

Even the logistics of it don't seem possible. Killing of the majority of the money they would make, then investing in porting every game to the xbox console, then absorb paying their operating cost and salaries for years, hardware losses, ruining their standing with gamers, and essentially gambling the future of the entire division on the success of their console. 

All while staffing down the stock price of the overall company. Again, for years. Even if it sold well, I can't see a single console carrying that entire catalog. I wasn't being hyperbolic when I said it's one of the worst ideas possible. It would be disastrous. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

To what end? It's not simply if they are capable of it. I don't think it would yield the results you think it would. 

Even the logistics of it don't seem possible. Killing of the majority of the money they would make, then investing in porting every game to the xbox console, then absorb paying their operating cost and salaries for years, hardware losses, ruining their standing with gamers, and essentially gambling the future of the entire division on the success of their console. 

All while staffing down the stock price of the overall company. Again, for years. Even if it sold well, I can't see a single console carrying that entire catalog. I wasn't being hyperbolic when I said it's one of the worst ideas possible. It would be disastrous. 

How do you think Sony did it? :D 

… or Nintendo???

Edited by Tears of the Cows
25 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

How do you think Sony did it? :D 

… or Nintendo???

Sony and Nintendo never chnsged their business model and remained consistent with it, big difference.  

Remember when you clowns were saying it was just a matter of time for Nintendo and Sony to copy MS?

Anyday now :lemming:

Now you're saying MS will just flip a Switch and go back to the business model of Nintendo and Sony... Lmfao. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Sony and Nintendo never chnsged their business model and remained consistent with it, big difference.  

Remember when you clowns were saying it was just a matter of time for Nintendo and Sony to copy MS?

Anyday now :lemming:

Now you're saying MS will just flip a Switch and go back to the business model of Nintendo and Sony... Lmfao. 

No, I’m saying they COULD if they wanted to. They’re the richest company in the world. 

I also said doing this would lose me as a customer. 

it’s like you actually can’t read.  :tom: 

Sony definitely changed their business model lmao what is this fake analyst talking about?

21 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Sony definitely changed their business model lmao what is this fake analyst talking about?

In terms of a day 1 gamepass type model sloooooooooooooow Jonny :lemming:

• dead 1

Sony and Nintendo DID actually change their business models to remain relevant and grow.  Nintendo merged their console and handheld businesses together, and Sony started releasing games on PC.  Nintendo and Sony COULD go back to their respective business models before... but it would turn out terribly for them.  Nintendo's consoles suffer when they focus on handhelds.. and Sony's investors require constant growth.  Both would trigger uncertainty from investors... just as it would MS for them to try to go back... except PS and Nintendo would survive... MS would end up out of gaming entirely if they tried it now.  There is no confidence in their products.. 

So yeah a stupid idea lol

11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

In terms of a day 1 gamepass type model sloooooooooooooow Jonny :lemming:

Thats not what you said.

11 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Thats not what you said.

16 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

They’d have to do away with Gamepass to accomplish this, which would lose me as a customer though. 

If you had taken two seconds to follow the conversation instead of rushing to get a snarky comment in you would have seen we were responding to the conversation of Ghostz suggesting MS ditch Gamepass and go back to the non gamepass model that Sony and Nintendo still adhere to. 

I don't think the consoles are going anywhere, the generate too much direct profit to kill it. Even if they only sold 50 million per generation perpetually it would still be financially worth it for them.

19 minutes ago, Remij said:

Sony and Nintendo DID actually change their business models to remain relevant and grow.  Nintendo merged their console and handheld businesses together, and Sony started releasing games on PC.  Nintendo and Sony COULD go back to their respective business models before... but it would turn out terribly for them.  Nintendo's consoles suffer when they focus on handhelds.. and Sony's investors require constant growth.  Both would trigger uncertainty from investors... just as it would MS for them to try to go back... except PS and Nintendo would survive... MS would end up out of gaming entirely if they tried it now.  There is no confidence in their products.. 

So yeah a stupid idea lol

Yea that part of their business changed, development (Nintendo) and Expansion (Sony)... But what didn't change and remained consistent is that Neither Sony and Nintendo adopted a day 1 gamepass model of MS. 

But like you said, ghostz suggestion is still stupid.. Lol