Anyone here do red light therapy?

I know im opening myself to criticism with this thread but oh well.

so yeah, my hair loss has gotten progressively worse especially the increasing bald spot on my crown. In january I ended up investing in one of those expensive red light emitting caps. I've been using it since then (not as consistently as i'd like tbh) and while I don't think the quality of my hair has improved, or there's any new growth anywhere, my hair stylist is convinced that its slowed down my hair loss (maybe even stopped it in some places) so at least there's that. Still not sure if it was worth the money but ill keep using it.

I just googled it, since I always thought red light was just for skin therapy. It seems like it somewhat works, but in conjunction with other treatments (oral and topical ones). Hopefully, it can help keep the hair you have left. 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

I just googled it, since I always thought red light was just for skin therapy. It seems like it somewhat works, but in conjunction with other treatments (oral and topical ones). Hopefully, it can help keep the hair you have left. 

im honestly considering just going to turkey for a hair transplant. I’ve already done a bunch of research on it and I think I can do it safely while also saving a bunch of money in the process.

17 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Take finasteride or dutasteride if you want any real effect. 

The long term side effects are nowhere near worth it. Those drugs can fuck up your hormones and even cause permanent ED.

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

im honestly considering just going to turkey for a hair transplant. I’ve already done a bunch of research on it and I think I can do it safely while also saving a bunch of money in the process.

I don’t know man. I’ve seen some good ones, and some not so good ones lol. I like Ghostz advice of just shaving the head and rocking a beard. It’s a good look. Or if your hair isn’t too bad, you can use fibers. Quite a few of our male reporters use them and they actually look good. But you need a decent amount of hair for them to work. 

Best bet is hair transplant or shave it bald. If your not the kind of person that can pull off a bald head just wear a hat.

Semi balding looks terrible. My hairline in the front has receded a little bit over the years but I'm so happy I ducked the balding gene.

Hair transplants aren't always a fix either. And yeah those hair loss pills kill your dick.

Yeah, my bodybuilding friend started taking propecia and had to stop. He developed moobs, ED and said he would sob during movies lol.  Fortunately, he wasn’t on it for long and the side effects went away.

• Haha 1
  • dead 1

This doesn't like something that would work. There's different reasons for balding, you need to talk to a dermatologist to find out what is the cause. A friend had starting losing patches of hair on his arms and it turned out to be some autoimmune issue that affected his skin. 

He got steroids or something and that reversed it. Just putting creams or sprays or I guess light without a reason won't work. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

This doesn't like something that would work. There's different reasons for balding, you need to talk to a dermatologist to find out what is the cause. A friend had starting losing patches of hair on his arms and it turned out to be some autoimmune issue that affected his skin. 

He got steroids or something and that reversed it. Just putting creams or sprays or I guess light without a reason won't work. 

I have a auto immune condition and see a dermatologist but that has nothing to do with my hair loss, its definitely genetics/DHT. My dad was already practically bald at my age so Im actually better off than he was. I credit that to the Ketoconazole shampoo i've been using for years but I need to supplement that with something else.

6 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I don’t know man. I’ve seen some good ones, and some not so good ones lol. I like Ghostz advice of just shaving the head and rocking a beard. It’s a good look. Or if your hair isn’t too bad, you can use fibers. Quite a few of our male reporters use them and they actually look good. But you need a decent amount of hair for them to work. 

I have significant dark circles under my eyes so im pretty I would look like a cancer patient if I went full bald :ben: 

• Sad 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

I have significant dark circles under my eyes so im pretty I would like a cancer patient if I went full bald :ben: 

i mean, transplants have done wonders for joel mchale and tom brady. so, yeah, i would look into it then.

An ex-colleague from work got transplants and it did wonders initially, but it’s becoming an issue again. Still has the hair, but it’s receding and thinning.

9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The long term side effects are nowhere near worth it. Those drugs can fuck up your hormones and even cause permanent ED.

I took finasteride and had sexual side effects. I fixed them with taking maca and togkat ali but maca you need to take for 2-3 months to see it work. They are managable. 

Edited by Playstation Tablet