How do you guys feel about getting older?

Some of us are in our mid to late 30s, some in our 40s, some in our early 30s, and maybe some of us are in our late 20s.

In a sense we all kind of grew up to gether. I've been posting on SW since high school. Nowhere near as often these days. 

I do dread getting  older, but it's inevitable. Im still going to the gym, trying to eat better and looking to cut down on drinking.  If I gotta get old, then I wanna age good. I also don't wanna be one of those bitter elders that shit on younger generations. Fuck that. We got alot of shit from older generations. 

What sort of things are in your bucket list?

I haven't changed much personality wise. I'm lucky to still look pretty young. People don't believe me when I say how old I am.

Shit hurts more tho. Like my mind will tell me I can still jump the last few steps but my back tells me no the next morning.

Sucks dick. Ive more or less loved and strived my whole life off of sports, running, biking, hiking, etc. my whole life until i threw my back out and got a herniated disc a few years ago. Now i just feel myself aging dramatically like nature is making up for lost time. I did switch to first shift in the last few years and i gotta add waking up to an alarm clock when youre someone who has a difficult time falling asleep is pretty garbage health wise. Things could be worse though. 

• Sad 1

Once you hit 30 it's full adult mode from then on - taxes, family, no time for friends or games etc. for some its much earlier. I just realized how few people actually have time to hang out without a need to grind for the social status points. Social Media basically killed the little free time for non-family activities people used to have,.

On 2024-08-06 at 5:25 PM, -GD-X said:

i'm waiting for my 55+ discount :smoke:

What's mad is I still think of GD as a handsome 30 something Roger Federer looking mofo and here he is waiting for a free old man bus pass. Where the fuck did the time go. 

:ben:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Cell said:

What's mad is I still think of GD as a handsome 30 something Roger Federer looking mofo and here he is waiting for a free old man bus pass. Where the fuck did the time go. 

:ben:

i still look very young lol. a lot of the younger women here at work think i'm 30 :smoke: but yeah, i'm old af :deadest:

I realize it's a privilege that many don't end up having but I also think aging is super gay

Loss of family and friends sucks the most. And I don't want to ever hang around with old people either fuck that :tom:

Still in much better shape than I was in my 20's so I'm thankful for that, wish I was less of a lazy gamer back then and got into sports earlier.

I feel more blessed each day I wake up still alive without health concerns.

The years seem to go by faster and faster as well.

Ending up in some retirement home barely able to move around looks like an absolute nightmare to me.

The lack of care of what others think that comes with age and experience is great though :glad: 

25 minutes ago, bhytre said:

I realize it's a privilege that many don't end up having but I also think aging is super gay

Loss of family and friends sucks the most. And I don't want to ever hang around with old people either fuck that :tom:

Still in much better shape than I was in my 20's so I'm thankful for that, wish I was less of a lazy gamer back then and got into sports earlier.

I feel more blessed each day I wake up still alive without health concerns.

The years seem to go by faster and faster as well.

Ending up in some retirement home barely able to move around looks like an absolute nightmare to me.

The lack of care of what others think that comes with age and experience is great though :glad: 

i lost a younger sibling to cancer, so yes, aging is a privilege.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, -GD-X said:

i lost a younger sibling to cancer, so yes, aging is a privilege.

Sorry to hear that man. I lost my grandmother. 

I guess that’s two ways to look at it.

Because it’s unfair that your sibling died young, but it also sucks getting older and watching people go.

People dread age because they dread the future. Maybe they didn’t do enough, they’re still single, they feel like time is moving fast and they’re not ready to be old yet. 

For me personally it’s the accomplishment part. However I’m not too invested into the idea of being by rich. I just want stability. Being rich would be a bonus but I’m not too worried about being rich.

im in better shape now than I was before. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week. I do gotta cut down on drinking though. I’m still told I look pretty young. So it’s not too bad.