Alan Wake 2 is still not profitable | Other Remedy Financial Reports (approx 80% of costs recouped)

26 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

No physical :shrug:

It's annoying there's no physical, but for real, digital has taken over for most people. I don't think it explains why the game is a sales flop. In addition to skipping Steam, a bigger factor is Epic doesn't do their job as a publish which is marketing games. Most publishers spend the whole development budget again just on marketing.

Sweeney thinks he can get around all the middle men of the games industry and he's proving himself wrong.

1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

It's annoying there's no physical, but for real, digital has taken over for most people. I don't think it explains why the game is a sales flop. In addition to skipping Steam, a bigger factor is Epic doesn't do their job as a publish which is marketing games. Most publishers spend the whole development budget again just on marketing.

Sweeney thinks he can get around all the middle men of the games industry and he's proving himself wrong.

It's multiple reason but not having w physical release was a huge impact on the sales for the game

Calling a game Alan Wake is pretty uninspiring. To people who have no idea, it really does sound boring. Max Payne, Control, Quantum Break, they sound exciting. 

For this game not having a physical version definitely did affect it.  The other issue is that it was EGS exclusive on PC.  That right there will vastly limit the audience that would have picked this up on PC.

Epic funded the game though, so I mean.. it is what it is.  It's a shame though, because the game was great and Remedy is definitely a talented developer.  I'd hate for them to end up like Ready at Dawn :( 

On 2024-08-10 at 10:01 AM, MalaXmaS said:

Needs a publicity stunt to get more exposure like maybe dye the main protagonist hair orange and setup a fake shooting. :tom:

Jesus Christ just pay a woman to sleep with you. 

31 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Jesus Christ just pay a woman to sleep with you. 

lmfao at Ms. Insufferable trying to  get a reaction out of anything.

What happened hon? The boss turned down your petition for fruity friday?

Not enough DEI going at your job? :tom:

52 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

You're so horny you're calling men "honey" now. 

• dead 1
On 2024-08-12 at 6:01 PM, MalaXmaS said:

They're doing all this dei/inclusion business for you and you still don't appreciate it.

45 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

They're doing all this dei/inclusion business for you and you still don't appreciate it.

I don't feel part of that community at all. I am what I am based on my achievements, not color of skin, which is what the racist DEI groups try to not to be. 

2 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

I don't feel part of that community at all. I am what I am based on my achievements, not color of skin, which is what the racist DEI groups try to not to be. 

You retards don't even understand the concept. You're only upset because some redpill podcast told you to be upset about because of women getting the right to vote or something. 

the combat is bad. maybe it's better with a kb+m, but i didn't enjoy the combat with a controller.

aside from that, the game has insane production values. but it doesn't have mass appeal. i think horror shooters should scale back on budget, since they mainly appeal to a niche group of fans.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

You retards don't even understand the concept. You're only upset because some redpill podcast told you to be upset about because of women getting the right to vote or something. 

I see you are full of misconceptions. 

You only seem to be annoyed when the people you don't like mentions these issues. 

Then you jump into names and behave like an angry third wave feminist. 

Lmfao you think I get mad at women voting. This is the same hyperbolic argument you people love to spread and group everyone under. 

9 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

I see you are full of misconceptions. 

Stop using words you dont understand. 

You only seem to be annoyed when the people you don't like mentions these issues. 

This isn't true, I react negatively to stupid people saying stupid shit about an issue. Not about the topics themselves. 

Then you jump into names and behave like an angry third wave feminist. 

It's funny how you can't contain how much you hate women lol. 

Lmfao you think I get mad at women voting. This is the same hyperbolic argument you people love to spread and group everyone under. 

You literally brought up feminism while arguing with a man on a site with zero women on it.