Tango Gameworks and the HiFi Rush IP have been acquired by Krafton

https://x.com/JezCorden/status/1822786635810951602

Microsoft will keep The Evil Within IP however..

"Krafton Inc today welcomed the talented people of Tango Gameworks to their team, marking a exciting moment in the company's global expansion and its first significant investment in the Japanese video game market," the press release reads. "This strategic move will include the rights to Tango Gameworks' acclaimed IP, Hi-Fi RUSH."

Krafton continued, "As part of this strategic agreement, KRAFTON intends to collaborate with Xbox and ZeniMax to ensure a smooth transition and maintain continuity at Tango Gameworks, allowing the talented team to continue developing the Hi-Fi RUSH IP and explore future projects. KRAFTON intends to support the Tango Gameworks team to continue its commitment to innovation and delivering fresh and exciting experiences for fans."

The fact Hi-Fi Rush is heading across also heavily suggests that a sequel will most likely emerge from the partnership. However, franchises like Ghostwire: Tokyo, and The Evil Within will remain with Microsoft. Both Krafton and Microsoft emphasized that there will be no impact on the existing catalog of games, which will remain available in Xbox Game Pass and other storefronts they're presently on. 

Jesus christ MS are so fucking stupid.  This was all completely unnecessary... what an absolute joke.  Anyway, I'm glad Tango will live on and there's a potential for a HiFi Rush sequel :love: 

Edited by Remij
Just now, Twinblade said:

I've never heard of Krafton but this is definitely still good news.

You have but just didn't know it.  They're the publishers of PUBG, as well as The Calisto Protocol.

• Upvote 1

They really bungled this. I've heard more recent talk that Tango being based in Japan was a major factor in the closure. But the director of HiFi Rush is a white American guy. Probably could've created a new US team for him if they gave a fuck. MS just doesn't care about this franchise obviously.

The Evil Within 2 was so good. Didn't really care for the first one but the sequel was great. Shame they couldn't get the IP with the deal.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Sabo said:

The Evil Within 2 was so good. Didn't really care for the first one but the sequel was great. Shame they couldn't get the IP with the deal.

Ha, I thought I was the only one who preferred the sequel. 

• Upvote 1